johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I have a GTS sedan coming next month and I know the car sits pretty low… my neighborhood has a few speed bumps, my driveway has a bit of an incline at the beginning, and a few other things I want to make sure I lift the air suspension for. How does the lift memory work? Do I hit the lift button on the dash instrument screen and it remembers? Do I hit the button again to exit lift mode and have it remember that too? Will I ever have to worry about it NOT being triggered automatically after it’s saved? Can I have the area of lift mode be a pretty small area, like once I enter my street it raises and once I leave my street it’ll go back to normal? Lastly, if I lift it to park somewhere there’s a curb in front of the car, will it remain lifted when the car turns off so it doesn’t crunch back down on top of it? Apologies for the onslaught of questions - with the date approaching soon I’m starting to get worried about some of these tricky areas. Thank you so much!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Hit the button and it'll ask to save that position. It's a big circle, but I'd still do it before you get to the bump since it takes a few seconds to raise. As soon as you go above 30km/h it'll go back down to the previous setting so keep it under 30 if there are multiple bumps in succession.

Don't ever rely on any car keeping its suspensions lifted to park with a curb under it. You never know if you might have a slow leak, or if the car just decides to go back down. Ours is still lifted the next day, but again -- you never know. Don't ever park like that.

Reactions: B61

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Yes. It will also tell you to slow down as you approach a known obstacle. If you stay above 20mph it won't raise. It takes a moment to raise as well, so if you're organised enough when you first start using the system, try to hit the lift button before you're right up to the sleeping policeman.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I do find the accuracy to be a bit lacking. I can't rely on it to lift in time, or sometimes at all.
I've thought about setting it a bit early in order to get around it.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
I have a few points stored but I really cannot rely on them. It either takes too long to raise or is too inaccurate. Much easier to press the button each time you need to raise, and be patient enough to give it time to raise.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I've set mine to raise two houses away from mine and the car is raised by the time I get to my drive way. Though, I always double check it's raised since my drive is steeply slopped, narrow, AND rolled. It stays that way until I hit 20 mph and not lower on it's own, so it's raised as I leave the house.

It'll ask you to the save the location the first time you initiate it at the spot. The area seems pretty wide. When I tried to lower the car to make it easier to wash it warned me that I was lowering it in a spot that had lift save (I forget the exact warning that came up).

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I have a few points stored but I really cannot rely on them. It either takes too long to raise or is too inaccurate. Much easier to press the button each time you need to raise, and be patient enough to give it time to raise.

I like that strategy actually- just using the button. As long as the car is slowed down to less than 19mph this is probably a more reliable way around this.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
In relation to just using the button rather than relying on saved locations, and for those with a CT, does using the gravel mode button have the same effect but without the speed restrictions?

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
I have a GTS sedan coming next month and I know the car sits pretty low… my neighborhood has a few speed bumps, my driveway has a bit of an incline at the beginning, and a few other things I want to make sure I lift the air suspension for. How does the lift memory work? Do I hit the lift button on the dash instrument screen and it remembers? Do I hit the button again to exit lift mode and have it remember that too? Will I ever have to worry about it NOT being triggered automatically after it’s saved? Can I have the area of lift mode be a pretty small area, like once I enter my street it raises and once I leave my street it’ll go back to normal? Lastly, if I lift it to park somewhere there’s a curb in front of the car, will it remain lifted when the car turns off so it doesn’t crunch back down on top of it? Apologies for the onslaught of questions - with the date approaching soon I’m starting to get worried about some of these tricky areas. Thank you so much!
I have the programmable button on the instrument cluster set for smart lift
I use it all the time and find it really good and very accurate actually it’s a really great feature

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
In relation to just using the button rather than relying on saved locations, and for those with a CT, does using the gravel mode button have the same effect but without the speed restrictions?
Yes, it does.
That's why I prefer to hit Gravel on the screen.

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Thanks. I believe hitting Gravel mode on a CT in advance of arriving at a steep drive at home will raise the car up without speed restrictions and then it would stay up over night until you leave your drive again. After leaving the drive, simply change the crono to another setting?

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
Lift function works 100% of the time for me at all saved locations if I slow down to below the maximum speed allowed (30 km/hr). Whenever I noticed its not working, I'm above the speed limit. Here's a cut & paste from Porsche Taycan Media Page:

• The lift level raises the chassis by 20 mm to prevent the front spoiler from bottoming, for example when entering an underground car park. This level can be set at speeds up to 30 km/h.

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
And for non CT owners, if you have individual, you can do the same

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I configured Smart Lift on my CT to activate just before reaching my drive. I did this coming from both the North and South directions. But, frankly I don't trust the feature and usually lift the car manually. The reason I don't trust the feature is that the GPS occasionally forgets my home address and recent destination history.
Sponsored