kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wanted to install a camera at the back of the panorama roof to record my Porsche Advanced Driver Trainer session. Obviously I had to do this from the back seat, and while fiddling with it, the car locked up and there I was, locked in my own car. :oops:

It took me a good 10 minutes to discover the trick to be able to open the door again myself.
If you already know, don't reply.
If you don't, guess!

BTW, the training was great!
I did the same thing myself when I first got my Taycan when I was just trying to see how much room a rear seat passenger would get. It wasn’t easy to weave my 5’11” frame through the center between the front seats to extricate myself, but I laughed hysterically when I discovered what had happened. It was scary for a bit though. Ridiculous that Porsche has “that” setting defaulted to do that in the new cars.

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Will someone please post the answer soon? I've been updating this thread from the back seat of my Taycan for two days now, yet still no answer, and I'm running out of water....
Porsche leaves the rear child lock setting activated by default in new Taycans. Not sure why. Anyway, once you free yourself from the front door, just deactivate child lock with one of the buttons near the mirror and window controls in the drivers seat.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
What if fob was not in possession? Seat controls/windows down mentioned may be the trick.
Tried that but the rear windows won't go down when the car is off.
Solution: reach for the center console and open the trunk.
Fold the rear seat and you can escape through there...

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Ok, you guys got to help me out. Is the window down with the fob an extra option? Is that part of a package perhaps that i dont have? Is it just a Turbo/Turbo S capability? I have been trying this off and on for months and it never works. I tried every menu setting and it’s just not an option to select. I’ve held that unlock button on the key fob for up to a minute, and it does nothing beyond unlocking the doors. I’ve tried it from the car being powered on, to the car being powered off. I just can not get the windows to open from the fob.

OP
OP
benver

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ok, you guys got to help me out. Is the window down with the fob an extra option? Is that part of a package perhaps that i dont have? Is it just a Turbo/Turbo S capability? I have been trying this off and on for months and it never works. I tried every menu setting and it’s just not an option to select. I’ve held that unlock button on the key fob for up to a minute, and it does nothing beyond unlocking the doors. I’ve tried it from the car being powered on, to the car being powered off. I just can not get the windows to open from the fob.
Interesting, I can open and close the windows both in and out of the car.
I have an European Turbo MY2020.

Lee Roy

First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 s
Country flag
Well
Thats 10 minutes of my life I will never get back ?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Haha! Is that including typing a reply? :)
I found this to be one of the most entertaining threads on here! Full of useful tips - make sure you have a European model if you are going to kidnap someone - the trunk release and beeping will be a huge problem in North America. This is the detail they don’t cover in the brochure or at the dealer handover.

OP
OP
benver

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I found this to be one of the most entertaining threads on here! Full of useful tips - make sure you have a European model if you are going to kidnap someone - the trunk release and beeping will be a huge problem in North America. This is the detail they don’t cover in the brochure or at the dealer handover.
I'll do my best to come up with another thread with a 'do you know how to solve' issue to get another lively interaction :)

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Good news is the beeper can be unplugged.