3 car seats in 2 back seat configuration

GoldBlueRose8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Hi all,

I searched the forum looking for this topic but I couldn't find it in its entirety. Is it possible to fit 3 car seats (twin toddlers + 1 infant) across in the 2 backseat taycan configuration? I'm looking for a used taycan turbo or turbo s and I often find the 2 backseat configuration and not the 2+1. We have a SUV that will be used to primarily transport the kids but I need the ability to have the whole family in the car from time to time.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I honestly doubt it's physically possible to fit three child seats in the back, no matter the configuration. You would need to find some extremely narrow seats to get it to work.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
There is no middle seat belt in the non 2+1 config and no central isofix points in either config.

I can’t see how you’d fit in 3 car seats even in the 2+1 config unfortunately. Probably two car seats and kid in the middle who is tall enough to not need a seat would work (well def works because I’ve done it) in the 2+1.

OP
OP

GoldBlueRose8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
2 forward facing toddlers and then rear facing for the infant.

I've seen posts where people have placed 3 boosters all the way across. So I know conceptually its possible but curious as to the actual how.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
This sounds like an opportunity for an interesting test drive at your local Porsche dealership!

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
If it was still the 1980's you could get the CT and throw all of them in the back with some sodas and coloring books. All while smoking a heater and drinking a beer while you drive.
Our parents had it good.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, good to know that it's possible. This should work...now just need to figure out the right configuration.
That implies that the Taycan is a 5-seat configuration, rather than the 4 seater you’re contemplating buying.

OP
OP

GoldBlueRose8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
That implies that the Taycan is a 5-seat configuration, rather than the 4 seater you’re contemplating buying.
I watched the install video of the multimac and it doesn't look like it should matter whether it is a 4 or 5 seat configuration as long as there are 2 tether points to attach the device. But that's just my perception, I'll ask multimac directly.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
It partly depends on how long you're going to keep the car.

Also consider that you need to carry 3 kids. Plenty of others will too, even if it's just yours plus friends.

The 4 seat config is a waste of space IMO. For the small amount of outlay and, perhaps, the awkwardness of the third belt, it seems like a no brainier to me (I wouldn't have bought a car without it).

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
It partly depends on how long you're going to keep the car.

Also consider that you need to carry 3 kids. Plenty of others will too, even if it's just yours plus friends.

The 4 seat config is a waste of space IMO. For the small amount of outlay and, perhaps, the awkwardness of the third belt, it seems like a no brainier to me (I wouldn't have bought a car without it).
The problem is that that middle seat is so tiny it's totally pointless. The car is a 4 seat car.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
If it was still the 1980's you could get the CT and throw all of them in the back with some sodas and coloring books. All while smoking a heater and drinking a beer while you drive.
Our parents had it good.
Exactly this. We always used to go in the back of my Mum's hatch back car even when nothing on the back seat. No idea why, maybe just a bad parent!!
Porsche Taycan 3 car seats in 2 back seat configuration 1711361108155-oe
Sponsored