Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Where is the locking wheel nut key stored please?
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Where is the locking wheel nut key stored please?
Inside a vault in Stuttgart...

(In the Frunk inside the little snap covered compartment on the driver's side. ...or on the "passenger" side if you drive from the wrong side of the car ;) )

Do you have any idea what it costs to replace one? You do not even want to ask...

Last edited:

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes because they sell the new wheel lock socket with four new matching security lug bolts. Ask me how I know....on my Cayenne I went through this.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Yes because they sell the new wheel lock socket with four new matching security lug bolts. Ask me how I know....on my Cayenne I went through this.
Better to get a locking aftermarket stud kit I think (instead of paying the Porsche Tax)...

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Don't buy Porsche "security" wheel bolts.

The Taycan's splined "security" wheel bolt is not a deterrent to thieves.
One can buy a splined socket for $40 on eBay

It was the first bolt removed by would-be thieves on my own three-month-old MY2021:

Porsche Taycan Locking Wheel Nut Key 46313437-DC8F-4A98-AF97-7292BC8F2ED3_1_102_o

Some customers tend to think that spline drive lugs are akin to wheel locks and will protect their wheels from theft. This is not even slightly true. The spline drive key is never a unique pattern, and are easily available from any auto parts store. Relying on spline drive lugs for theft protection is no protection at all. Tire Review, Examining the types, techniques and dos and don’ts of handling lug nuts and bolts[/QUOTE]

SCARYILY informative video showing how to remove "anti-theft" wheel bolts:

memcache

First Name
KN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Inside a vault in Stuttgart...

(In the Frunk inside the little snap covered compartment on the driver's side. ...or on the "passenger" side if you drive from the wrong side of the car ;) )

Do you have any idea what it costs to replace one? You do not even want to ask...
The locking wheel nut is located in the side section of the bonnet. See attached photo.

Porsche Taycan Locking Wheel Nut Key 20220618_171108

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I never know with these, are you supposed to just leave it in the car or hide it somewhere at home?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
You probably just hammer it on. It’s not something you would do to your own car of course but they aren’t going to care if they damage something

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I never know with these, are you supposed to just leave it in the car or hide it somewhere at home?
Depends if you think you'll need to change a wheel/tyre when you're off on your holidays i guess!

glon

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Depends if you think you'll need to change a wheel/tyre when you're off on your holidays i guess!
Thanks, yeah, this is what I never get about them. You need it for that so leaving it at home isn’t really an option, yet leave it in the car and the security benefit of it existing is gone

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Thanks, yeah, this is what I never get about them. You need it for that so leaving it at home isn’t really an option, yet leave it in the car and the security benefit of it existing is gone
Well, i guess they have got to break into the frunk / know where it is first. The other issue with taking it out of the car is remembering where you put it, when you do need it! One went missing from another car of mine (pretty sure tyre shop never gave it back), and was a total nightmare as the tyre was completely knackered on the wheel i needed to change.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Maybe I'm missing something,
@whitex
I wasn't referring to the SuncoastParts.com aftermarket lugs. I was referring to the lugs that come with the Taycan. One can buy a socket that fits the Taycan stock lug, which looks like this:

Porsche Taycan Locking Wheel Nut Key IMG_2955

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@whitex
I wasn't referring to the SuncoastParts.com aftermarket lugs. I was referring to the lugs that come with the Taycan. One can buy a socket that fits the Taycan stock lug, which looks like this:

IMG_2955.jpeg
The SKU from Suncoast suggest they are Porsche OEM. My Taycan came with standard, non-security bolts,
Porsche Taycan Locking Wheel Nut Key 1687128857733

there was a $60 option, which I assumed was the same as the what Suncoast sells.

EDIT: the Suncoast bolts look the same as the optional one in the Porsche configurator.
Porsche Taycan Locking Wheel Nut Key 1687136007470

Last edited: