First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,
Has anyone experienced something similar: after software update or possibly after weak data reception PCM has lost connection to Apple music/spotify. Icons are grayed out and if you press on them, u get this message:

any idea how to fix it? Tried to link accounts via my porsche but didnt help (status shows linked)
Any idea how to fix it?

IMG_2225.jpeg
Yep me too. I'm sure it will sort itself out.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have the same problem. Spotify not able to log in. I have reverted to using Android Auto, but not happy about that as the sound quality is not as good.

I also find that the installed Spotify drops out regularly when I am using it. It jumps to Android Auto and I have to press play to get it to play again. When I do this, it then jumps back to Spotify....this happens several times per journey. I had Spotify in my previous X5, and it worked flawlessly. I will definitely be raising this issue the first time it goes to the dealership.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Same here. Spotify icon has been greyed out in the PCM. Android user.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I have reverted to using Android Auto, but not happy about that as the sound quality is not as good.
This is most likely because of your audio quality settings in the Spotify mobile app. Go change them to the settings below and I bet you will notice a huge improvement in the quality when you’re on Android Auto.

Porsche Taycan Lost connection to apple music/spotify via PCM IMG_1326

Porsche Taycan Lost connection to apple music/spotify via PCM IMG_1325

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
This is most likely because of your audio quality settings in the Spotify mobile app. Go change them to the settings below and I bet you will notice a huge improvement in the quality when you’re on Android Auto.

IMG_1326.jpeg

IMG_1325.jpeg
Thanks @Hirschaj . I will take a look. I do recall looking into this previously, but I cannot recall what I changed now. I think it may have been the equaliser, so will check these settings as well. 👍

*Edit, I saw that both were set to automatic, so I have changed to "very high". Will see what it sounds like in the morning when I head out. Thanks again.

Last edited:

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
It looks like I have Apple Music and Spotify working again. When I tried to open them this morning, Apple Music presented me with a QR code and I was able to login again. Spotify also opened ok.

I had been working on my Bluetooth connection before all of this as my phone wasn’t connected/wouldn’t connect to the car. Not sure if there’s a link?

Anyway, it looks like things are back to normal………for now ;)

Rossmeldr

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s sport tourismo
Country flag
Also back to normal this morning for me. Not sure if it’s related, but also had an infotainment software update as soon as I got into the car this morning. Spotify connected as soon as this update completed.

OP
OP
Maximilian

Maximilian

First Name
Maximilian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
All services are working again now