Minimum extras spend to accept an order?!

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
I ordered with an OPC. A zero option car, that I specced before lock. And then turned it over to the lease company just prior to delivery. Perhaps do that?
With this would you get the £5k deposit back you pay to get a slot/order in queue?

With salary sacrifice and company car providers don’t they tend to have specific OPC dealers they deal with?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jiggins

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
Mine certainly does. I live less than 1 mile from my local OPC and my lease company can't use them.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
With this would you get the £5k deposit back you pay to get a slot/order in queue?

With salary sacrifice and company car providers don’t they tend to have specific OPC dealers they deal with?
hi - yes. The £5k get refunded from the OPC direct to you. Which I will roll
Into a another order to hedge against leaving my employer and loosing my car.

As for preferred OPCs; my leasing company (Octopus) didn’t care. They cared a bit more for Merc; but tookthe car from a local dealer too.

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
hi - yes. The £5k get refunded from the OPC direct to you. Which I will roll
Into a another order to hedge against leaving my employer and loosing my car.

As for preferred OPCs; my leasing company (Octopus) didn’t care. They cared a bit more for Merc; but tookthe car from a local dealer too.
Thanks - interesting option to have for those using salary sacrifice for leasing.

Personally it wouldnt work for me, as we are utilising a public sector framework and the cars are sourced via one of the Lots so it means discounted pricing. But open market suppliers like Octopus, its a good option to look at for local dealer.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

I placed an order (via my company lease scheme) early last week for a GTS ST, or at least I thought I did.

I have just been told by the lease company that the dealer is unable to accept my order based on the amount of extras I had chosen (£9K worth). They said this particular dealer has stated that they are only accepting orders with a minimum of £16K of extras just in case they need to resell the car, which quite frankly seems bonkers!

Anyone else seen this? I believe this was via Helston Garages who run the Porsche Exeter dealership.
Sounds like BS to me and I’ve never heard of that before. I can understand being dissuaded from a particular colour choice over resale concerns but at the end of the day it is your choice and yours alone.

Any snash like this I would contact Porsche UK and share the story with them.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Sounds like BS to me and I’ve never heard of that before. I can understand being dissuaded from a particular colour choice over resale concerns but at the end of the day it is your choice and yours alone.

Any snash like this I would contact Porsche UK and share the story with them.
100% agree. It doesn't sit right with me either!

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag
This post is special. Honestly, not sure if you are on a wind up or not with your posts on this thread?!? If you are then you have got me hook line and sinker.

£9k of options on a GTS is not "bare bones" - if you think it is then IMO and to be brutally honest with you, you are off your rocker.

"Just about scrapes the most basic of 'must haves' with no personalisation nor additional interior comforts" - This is great! you have no idea what the OP has spec'd nor his own taste/opinion etc yet you come up with this beauty of a line.

Then you suggest a eTron GT as it has five options that don't go beyond £10k - i mean it does so thats wrong as well but what is the point here? "pick a car that with your limited measly pathetic £9k you can choose all the options"?

Final point - you say it isn't a surprise lease companies are prioritising higher value orders, have you read the OPs first post? it was the dealer who wouldn't take the order not the lease company.

Options should and always will be subjective, must have options on a car are wheels, chassis and a steering wheel. The rest comes down to individual needs and wants.

Great spec OP, hopefully new delays won't impact us all too much moving forward.
Blimey, if anyone thinks that sub-10K for options is bare-bones then they'll think that Scrooge 2 is coming out this Xmas - and I'm the star of it! And they're also nuts!

What options are 'required' is subjective and personal.

I'm leasing a CT 4S via salary sacrifice so got the minimum of what I wanted. Hell, I'm giving the car back after 3 years so I just don't want to be specc'ing-up a car that I've no equity in.

All of my charging will be at home with a charger supplied and fitted for free - and I average something like 2,800 miles per year over a 6 year period (and that takes into account a European F1 trip once every 3 years - which I won't be doing in the Taycan).

For the amount of time I'll be spending driving it I couldn't justify bigger (nicer!) wheels, or the "sport sound" or BOSE Sound anything else above what I thought I 'needed':

• Cherry red metallic
  • 14-way seats
  • Seat heating front and rear
  • Electric folding mirrors
  • 4+1 seating
  • Rear side airbags
  • Windscreen top tint
  • Privacy glass
  • Panoramic roof
  • Park Assist with surround view

If I was buying myself then yes, I'd add BOSE Sound, 18-way seats and full leather too. Possibly Inno Drive as well. Couldn't care less for any of the other options.

However, knowing that I'm driving this car for less than 750 per month, fully maintained, will put a much, much, much, bigger smile on my face than having any additional extras. As I said, subjective and personal.

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
My dealings with Porsche Exeter so far have been very favourable, I’ve found them to be both friendly and helpful.

I asked about changing spec and they said absolutely no issue and even if the lease company say they have to “cancel” the order the dealer will just make adjustments and I will remain in the queue.

looking like q1 23 now.

Seacow

First Name
Sea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT
Country flag
My dealings with Porsche Exeter so far have been very favourable, I’ve found them to be both friendly and helpful.

I asked about changing spec and they said absolutely no issue and even if the lease company say they have to “cancel” the order the dealer will just make adjustments and I will remain in the queue.

looking like q1 23 now.
What do you have on order?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
What do you have on order?
What do I have on order…… At the moment lol😄

A reasonably speced RWD

volcano grey
20“ turbo wheels
pan roof
bose
comfort seats
batt +
air suspension
150 kw charging
auto folding and dimming mirrors
surround cams

I think that’s it lol

i had originally ordered a more basic CT4S and my mind keeps turning over and over regarding my order.

In truth, I don’t know what is right for me 😅
Sponsored