Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
On the video - where it pans to the rear view shot - it sounds the spitting image on my Mk4 Golf R32.

Personally, I am happy to leave that as a happy memory from 2003. I don't want my Taycan pretending it's from the past.

.....on that note, maybe they could make some horses feet clopping sounds? Gallop as you go fast ond canter as you slow down.... And a horsey snorting* noise when stopped just for good measure 🤣

*sorry I know Jack about horses!
Just have a passenger in the car with a couple of coconuts...

Sponsored

rmarsono

First Name
Rendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Why do this? This is like buying a C180 then replacing the badge with an AMG C63S one. I cringe every time I see it.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Why do this? This is like buying a C180 then replacing the badge with an AMG C63S one. I cringe every time I see it.
More curious about how they did it as opposed to the end result.

Imagine being able to tune the volume of the current e-sound.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Personally, I can't imagine wanting my new EV to sound like an ICE car. I do like the Porsche Electric Sport sound and have that optioned, but will likely use it only occasionally. I mean silence is one of the defining characteristics of an EV.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
More curious about how they did it as opposed to the end result.

Imagine being able to tune the volume of the current e-sound.
You could probably write a phone app which will use the accelerometers and GPS to determine your speed and motor induced acceleration, then generate an appropriate sounds for you which can be piped into the car's speakers like any other music player. Even better, you could just pipe it into headphones, therefore not make your passengers have to listen to it if they don't want to. I honestly wonder how many people would want any fake sounds if they could only be heard by the driver and passengers who choose to enable it for their seating position.

I'm curious if these guys are working on a more immersive ICE emulation via more invasive integration with the drivetrain, whenever there is a gear shift in the sounds, cut the throttle to emulate the shift. I'm sure there are people out there who would love the more complete ICE-like experience, including the feeling of being jarred forward each gear shift.

None of the above is for me however. I enjoy the EV silence and butter-smooth acceleration, but even if I liked engine noises I still would not want to inflict my taste on other people by blasting them with loud engine sounds (fake or real).
Sponsored

Last edited: