gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Not the most obvious comparison for someone in the high end marque EV market. What next? Hummer Vs Turbo?

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
We have a mache GT and our taycan CT is stuck at port so I can’t fully compare as my time with a taycan is based on 3 test drives of a sedan. But if I had to pick a daily driver between the two options he reviews, hands down I would pick the mache GT. Not having lane centering, and hands free driving would drive me crazy. But the lack of air suspension on the ford is annoying which you wouldn’t get on a base sedan either. Looks the taycan wins. Fords infotainment is easy to use and never clitchy, it has over the air updates. My absolute favorite feature that wasn’t reviewed, the mache doesn’t require you to carry a key. Having phone as key is the best feature ever. The important daily things are what make the machE the winner but a review that takes place over one day in no traffic isn’t going to notice the usefulness of those missing features.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not the most obvious comparison for someone in the high end marque EV market. What next? Hummer Vs Turbo?
That would no longer surprise me, having seen all the other candidates cross-shopped on this forum. There have been some Merc's and BMW's that are no more comparable than the Ford. The Taycan even in CT form is not an SUV. Prestige German marques are more just "expensive" than "High-end" when it comes to EVs...though usually with superior fit & finish. I'm not a "typical" Porsche customer (whatever that is), but the only other EV that appeals to me on other than practical terms is the Hyundai, though obviously not a Taycan alternative. The Taycan appeals as having the best dynamics without sacrificing too much practicality, but if my head, not my heart, were in charge of my wallet I wouldn't be shopping with this budget.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
That would no longer surprise me, having seen all the other candidates cross-shopped on this forum.
I cross-shopped a Taycan Turbo with a Lotus Elise. It all depends on how much you don’t know what you want.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've looked at the Mach Es just for fun. I like the exterior and the interior seems very well made. I'm not real fond of the giant iPad glued to the dash, but at least it does have an instrument cluster behind the wheel. A better comparison would be the Mach E versus the Tesla M3s where I personally think the Mach E is the better car.

When I was shopping for my Porsche I was initially going to get a 911. When I started shopping in earnest I came across the Taycan and decided that was the car for me, but then I didn't even look at the base model.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After owning a Taycan 4s for 10 months and a Ford MME GT for 6 months, I would certainly pick the MME GT with Perf package (Magnaride suspension) over a base RWD Taycan.

Between a 4S and a MME GT then it is harder to pick. Both cars have about the same power for daily driving. The MME is a more usable car (shorter car but with more interior space, garage door opener physical keys, sunglass holder, etc). Its interior is better built (no rattles). Also Ford seems to be fixing first-year problems problems faster than Porsche.
The Taycan looks nicer inside and out, and has faster DC charging. The Taycan with air suspension handles and rides better but the MME handles very well for an SUV.

Last edited:

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
Mustang interior better built quality? Hard / impossible to believe. In 40 years of car ownerships I have never had a car with the Taycan interior built quality. Mostly BMW:s. Zero rattles in the Taycan, no sounds, nothing. Only minus is the leather wear on the left seat side bolster.
Software issues yes but certainly built quality is great.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Mustang interior better built quality? Hard / impossible to believe. In 40 years of car ownerships I have never had a car with the Taycan interior built quality. Mostly BMW:s. Zero rattles in the Taycan, no sounds, nothing. Only minus is the leather wear on the left seat side bolster.
Software issues yes but certainly built quality is great.
Agreed. I'll never buy another new domestic car. 1965 Galaxie? Maybe..... ;)

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
in the go back machine, would a person who was into the older mustang GTs attempt to compare a their car to a 911 of their day?
maybe the mach e is a fine car for some but it isn't and will never be a porsche.
Sponsored