Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recently moved from 4S sedan to a 4S CT.

My original Carera White 4S was fully loaded with everything available at time of order (fall 2019) except Carbon Ceramic breaks.

Due to circumstance I needed more space but didn’t want to give up on my Taycan. A CT was a good enough compromise and my new CT was delivered just before Christmas 2021.

Having driven close to 20.000 km since Q1 2020 I have noted some differences comparing the two.

My CT is almost the same spec but has a couple of new additions, most notably:

Automatic parking assist
Head-up display
Customized interior stitching
Off-road package
22kw charger option

None of these were available back in 2019. Other than that the new CT also has the new smaller calipers that come with the Surface coated breaks.

First of all the break pedal seems looser on the CT. It also has a clicking sound when pressed in and a small clank when released. I had it checked at the dealer and they found the same on a CT Turbo they had in.
These sounds/noises were not present on the old 4S so there seems to be some changes to how the pedal mechanism is setup (at least on CT models?). The service guy said it is related to the break light sensor so I am curious if any other CT owner have similar experiences or if anyone with newer model sedans have the same issue.

I have also noted that on the CT they have removed the option to see the power distribution between front and rear power trains. This was available on the old sedan but not there anymore. I got it confirmed from the dealer that this option has been removed from the CT models.

Last but not least the Automatic Parking function seems to have a conflict with the off-road package.

In NORMAL, with the car set to HIGH (not LIFT) the parking function will not work and I get an error message saying the chassis is to high. If the chassis is set to Medium or lower the function works as intended. The dealer is actively investigating the issue.

Besides that, the alarm keeps going off for no reason and the new app is buggy to say the least.

I am happy with the switch though. Although less sporty it is still sporty enough in SPORT+. The added room and acces makes life with children and dogs a lot easier.

The new 22kw charger option also works wonders when charging at home and at work which support 22kw.

Will post more info once I have put more km on my new toy.

BTW the CT has a different Sport Sound than the sedan. The new GTS models are supposed to change that up again as well.

If anyone has feedback on my points noted above or questions they want to ask feel free and I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I have also noted that on the CT they have removed the option to see the power distribution between front and rear power trains. This was available on the old sedan but not there anymore. I got it confirmed from the dealer that this option has been removed from the CT models.
This option exist on my 2021 CT , and i use it all the time ; it disappeared with the 2022 model

t_w

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo
Country flag
Can also confirm, I have the power distribution display on my '21 CT Turbo. Haven't heard any clicking sounds from the brake pedal either. And I may be tempting fate by saying this, but I haven't even had any false alarms!

On the flip side I guess it's unlikely that I will get PCM 6.0...

OP
OP

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What seats did you get? Just curious.
I have the adapted 18 way sport seats, Black leather with red stitching.
Apparantly the first CT in Norway with the stitching option.

The Car itself is Crayon with fully blacked out trim and red details.

In hindsight I probably should have gone with a white trim but the red will match the red model designation on the doors and trunk (once I get it repainted).

OP
OP

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This option exist on my 2021 CT , and i use it all the time ; it disappeared with the 2022 model
Yes I used it a lot on the old sedan, kind of miss it now that it is no longer there. Anybody know why they removed it?
Is it still on MY22 sedans?

OP
OP

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can also confirm, I have the power distribution display on my '21 CT Turbo. Haven't heard any clicking sounds from the brake pedal either. And I may be tempting fate by saying this, but I haven't even had any false alarms!

On the flip side I guess it's unlikely that I will get PCM 6.0...
It weird. When you push it slightly in you hear a click, and when you release after a harder break it is mor of a “clank”.

The service guy just brushed me off after testing the car inside the garage. “This is normal and the way it is supposed to be"
Not sure I am fully satisfied with that answer….
I think I need to try and find another CT in Norway just to check.

Not sure which PCM I have, will check tomorrow.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Yes I used it a lot on the old sedan, kind of miss it now that it is no longer there. Anybody know why they removed it?
Is it still on MY22 sedans?
It probably has something to do with the motor freewheeling functionality that they added for MY22.

OP
OP

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It probably has something to do with the motor freewheeling functionality that they added for MY22.
Never heard about that, do you have a link or is there a forum post where I can read up on it?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
It weird. When you push it slightly in you hear a click, and when you release after a harder break it is mor of a “clank”.

The service guy just brushed me off after testing the car inside the garage. “This is normal and the way it is supposed to be"
Not sure I am fully satisfied with that answer….
I think I need to try and find another CT in Norway just to check.

Not sure which PCM I have, will check tomorrow.
I have a MY22 CT4 and no noises when I push on the brake. I would pursue with another dealer or reach out to Porsche on whether that is normal.

OP
OP

Zicolay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for sharing, do you experience a big difference in consumption between sedan and CT?
Can’t really say at this point.
With only 400km driven since late
December it is too early for me to say.

According to Porsche the car and systems are not fullt broken in until 1000+ km so the range indentifier can’t really be trusted.

Also I have predominantly driven shot distances on city streets so the current consumption is also not a sign of actual range.

I will update you once I have better readings.

TaycanRe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q4 50
Country flag

According to Porsche the car and systems are not fullt broken in until 1000+ km so the range indentifier can’t really be trusted.

Also I have predominantly driven shot distances on city streets so the current consumption is also not a sign of actual range.

Thanks! ?

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag

had that clunking sound on 4s 2021. It went away (mostly) once it got driven in (and recuperation started to work actively).
Sponsored