Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
saw the car, loved the colour, order duly changed to Mamba Green :rock:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPGG8UU9

Remaining choices are:
- do I really need the performance battery (UK driving, max in one hit on any journey for me would be c. 3hrs/200mls) > perhaps use saving to fund different wheels or RWS?
- door handles currently in green changed to high gloss black
- current "Park Assist (front and rear) with visual and audible warning" changed to the surround view > I've never dinged a car reversing in my life, nor has my wife.

PS my how-to doesn't merit a thread as SDM told me if you like it go for it.......I think she reads this forum :bandit:
Very nice spec! I am also considering swapping the bigger battery, although I've not driven one that hasn't had it - do you think the driving feel changes much? £4k for that seems to be a huge option, but I've also read on here it will make sense when I come to resell it in a few years (maybe)...
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
- current "Park Assist (front and rear) with visual and audible warning" changed to the surround view > I've never dinged a car reversing in my life, nor has my wife.
You have initiated a chain of events that are now out of your control.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Those look pretty sick, are they the standard 4S wheels? If not, I don't think I've seen this option on the UK configurator.
those are the base 19s that have been refinished. You would have to have them done at a local shop.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Very nice spec! I am also considering swapping the bigger battery, although I've not driven one that hasn't had it - do you think the driving feel changes much? £4k for that seems to be a huge option, but I've also read on here it will make sense when I come to resell it in a few years (maybe)...
you have to ask yourself, how long you are going to keep this car?
what kind ob battery degradation can we expect in three or five years?
10%, 20% or more?
if we can make 400km with PB+ today… will 320 be ok?
or, if we can make 240km (within 20-80% SoC), will you/we be satisfied with less than 200km?

@Sand dancer : have you considered Rear Axe Steering? It’s a huge car and i believe it;s a must have feature.

Last edited:

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
10%, 20% or more?
or, if we can make 240km (within 20-80% SoC), will you/we be satisfied with less than 200km?

@Sand dancer : have you considered Rear Axe Steering? It’s a huge car and i believe it;s a must have feature.
I think I am going to time out on trying the rws. I do like the sound of it but I can’t help feeling it’s answering a need I just don’t have.

Maybe on the next one.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
10%, 20% or more?

Never asked Porsche but Kia say 5% degradation over the 7 years warranty. Perhaps the old battery degradation defense needs to be reviewed?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Never asked Porsche but Kia say 5% degradation over the 7 years warranty. Perhaps the old battery degradation defense needs to be reviewed?
Have you seen someone’s post here, that his battery is about 90% after two years?

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you seen someone’s post here, that his battery is about 90% after two years?
Need a few more observations before I can run the quantitative analysis and extrapolate the result. Does seem there are many variables. Owner battery care, DC charging etc. I was hoping Porsche have actually quoted a figure.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Need a few more observations before I can run the quantitative analysis and extrapolate the result. Does seem there are many variables. Owner battery care, DC charging etc. I was hoping Porsche have actually quoted a figure.
I couldn’t recall, but somewhere I’ve seen some numbers…maybe part of the contract/warranty?
i’ll search over my papers tomorrow.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mine was measured during its first maintenance at 31.800 km (21 months). Battery capacity was 92%. No daily charging but charging when necessary. 50%/50% between 11KW and Fast charging (max 175KW). Always to max 85% and when overnight parked always above 50% charge.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Since last September, I made 20k km.
i’ll ask to check battery status next Monday when they’ll make uPgrade.
i’ve never used fast charger, only 11kwh at home and 22 kwh at work.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
planning on keeping my taycan min. 5 years, and don't enjoy sitting in a car for more than 120 minutes at a time, so expect I'll be smitten with 79kwh battery

park assist, blah
rear wheel steering, meh
black door handles, frivolous - because you can't locate otherwise? :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
briomir

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Okay so the dealer just reported on the queue status... Apparently there another 12 in front of me, does anyone have any idea what that means in terms of queue time? Obviously hoping 12 months is still viable! :oops: