My loaner while my car gets the ANA6...

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Barrington Porsche gave me a T4S as a loaner while my TTS is getting the recalls done. Pleasantly surprised how good/fast the T4S is! Plenty of power and feels almost as fast from any roll speed. You feel the difference off the line compared the TTS but it's still very fast compared to 99 percent of other cars on the road.

I'm pretty certain the loaner has the ANA6 as the infotainment is much smoother and has a diff't look. My car will be gone nearly a week according to the advisors as there are 4 other "updates" with the ANA6 that need to happen.

I love the color of the loaner car too even though I would never buy one in this color. Couple pics...

6793a831-36ba-4a38-9d8f-b6030ecf9b5f-jpeg.jpg

593c2266-b668-4c24-a276-3fd9e79dc638-jpeg.jpg
You are a very fortunate man! I've got my ride in the shop for the same updates, told at least 4 days for downloads, and they handed me a plain white Macan loaner. After tooling around in a Taycan, it is only natural to develop a deep hatred for last-century ICE vehicles (seriously, the Macan even has paddle shifters for its crude little 4 cylinder engine -- WTF?). And, whenever I am stopped next to a Tesla, I am so self-conscious in the ICE car that I feel like rolling down the window and explaining that the Macan really is a loaner and that I am not some fossil-fuel-loving Joe Manchin acolyte! I only buy black cars, but I would really love to be driving an ice blue Taycan this week! Be thankful that your dealer treats you so well.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
For this kind of Porsche I'm looking to have all options that improves comfort, its an executive sedan that I use 80% to travel not fun.
Same here. It's why I optioned the 14 way seats instead of the 18 way seats and I also added the massage option on them. You should consider them if you're looking for executive comfort!

Most people here have mentioned that the 14 ways are more comfortable. I had the 18 way adaptive seats in my previous Porsche and I found the hip bolsters to be too high and restrictive.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Ok, just as I expected the T4S is very fast, even by todays standards. 11.4@122mph with ease.

And the half mile time is excellent as well.

it’s about 1 second slower to the TTS in the 1/4 and down 10mph as well.
Thanks so much for doing that. Very impressive.
Are those timings from a standing start without any allowance for rollout, so directly comparable with those measured outside the US?

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks so much for doing that. Very impressive.
Are those timings from a standing start without any allowance for rollout, so directly comparable with those measured outside the US?
yes. Standing start. No rollout.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow that puts it on a par with GTS tested times. I had seen a test of a 4S a while back that got similar results. I look forward to you getting GTS, Turbo and RWD loaners in the future 😁
I knew it felt faster than advertised...I think Porsche knows this too but they need to justify the price difference between the models. I do believe with better conditions my TTS will easily run 10.3@133mph.

I'm curious to learn more about all the diff't battery packs these models come with...is it the same battery but with restrictions in place etc?

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, finally got a min to give my thoughts on TTS, Plaid, Mach E and i3...

Plaid: Insanely fast...hard to believe you have a low 9 second street car that hit's over 150mph in the 1/4 mile and does it EASILY, no tires spinning, no weird handling etc.

Brakes...good enough in most situations but for a car of this power Elon should have put some monster carbon ceramics on.

Interior...good enough, feels basic but everything is done on the big screen. No glitchy behavior though on the infotainment.

Fit/Finish...sub par but I never had any real issues with it.

Looks...mine was white with black rims...looked good to me but not a very noticeable design. I did enjoy flying under the radar though.

Verdict...some things to complain about but having 1100hp makes the complaining seem petty.

TTS: Very fast...low 10 second car on the street, excellent handling. WIll beat everything BUT the plaid and some high end exotics.

Brakes...nearly put me through the windshield the first time I used them. Thank God for the seatbelt...lol. I do have the carbon ceramics. Still hard to believe the brakes are this good on such a heavy car.

Interior...beautiful...high end everwhere, but let down by a very slow infotainment system...a bit confusing one as well...i hope my new update resolves most of this.

Fit/Finish...perfect...porsche makes TIGHT cars. love it.

Looks...such a beautiful car...almost like a 4 door 911 turbo s...get's lots of looks as well.

Verdict...great car let down by some infotainment issues. Expensive compared to other electrics that don't have those issues.

Mach E...not very fast...mid 13 second car...plenty of pep though. Handling is TERRIBLE...in some situations dangerous, specifically wet weather. The AWD system is not very good.

Brakes...one of the worst braking systems I can remember since the mid 90's...any hard braking causes the car to drift one way and the brakes don't work very well.

Interior...very good for it's pricepoint, super easy to get in and out of. Great infotainment, huge screen. Comfy leather seats.

Fit/Finish...ford seems to have stepped it up with this car...no rattles but you do get some road noise.

Looks...it's not really a mustang...enough said...lol.

Verdict...I bought this as a Turo car and i am averaging around 3k a month profit on it. That's the only reason I will keep it...lol.

BMW i3....slowwwwww...mid 14 second car. But plenty of pep for around town work. Handling is not very good due to very narrow tires...i've seen wider tires on wheel barrels. It is a very light car though so that helps.

Brakes...typical bmw braking...very good.

Interior...very funky design but layed out so nicely...exposed carbon all over the car. Tons of space for being so little. Very open interior layout...i really enjoy the interior.

Fit/Finish...BMW put a huge effort into this car and the i8...I am very impressed by this car considering I paid 25K for a low mileage used one.

Looks...wife and daughter refuse to drive in it...i love the looks...I nicknamed it thomas (the little electric that could) lol.

Verdict...I tend to reach for the keys on this car wayyyy more than I should. It is also another Turo car I bought and do pretty well on...but if I wanted a car that makes the most sense and will most likely last another 20 years with no big issues, I would probably pick the bmw. Add the fact that it has a backup gas engine if you get too low on battery and it's a real winner for me.

Hope this helps...feel free to ask questions. I have also owned several Model Y tesla's. But my current stable is the TTS, Mach E and i3 for electric cars.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
No the 4S is not even CLOSE to the performance of a TTS. Mind you the 4S is plenty sporty but I sold my 2021 4S with perfomance battery etc for a loaded 2022 TTS . I agree that in Normal mode the TTS feels closer to the 4S in sport/sport/plus. However, with a warm battery the TTS in sport plus is NEXT level fast/quick. Honestly it feels faster than my 992 Turbo S and F8 and sometime is a bit scary fast considering how big It is. From highway speeds Ive heard you can rapidly get to 135 mph with nearly zero effort. While Ive never driven a plaid (but have had a P100D) , I can say this car feels like no other electric car Ive every driven.... "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Ok, finally got a min to give my thoughts on TTS, Plaid, Mach E and i3...

Plaid: Insanely fast...hard to believe you have a low 9 second street car that hit's over 150mph in the 1/4 mile and does it EASILY, no tires spinning, no weird handling etc.

Brakes...good enough in most situations but for a car of this power Elon should have put some monster carbon ceramics on.

Interior...good enough, feels basic but everything is done on the big screen. No glitchy behavior though on the infotainment.

Fit/Finish...sub par but I never had any real issues with it.

Looks...mine was white with black rims...looked good to me but not a very noticeable design. I did enjoy flying under the radar though.

Verdict...some things to complain about but having 1100hp makes the complaining seem petty.

TTS: Very fast...low 10 second car on the street, excellent handling. WIll beat everything BUT the plaid and some high end exotics.

Brakes...nearly put me through the windshield the first time I used them. Thank God for the seatbelt...lol. I do have the carbon ceramics. Still hard to believe the brakes are this good on such a heavy car.

Interior...beautiful...high end everwhere, but let down by a very slow infotainment system...a bit confusing one as well...i hope my new update resolves most of this.

Fit/Finish...perfect...porsche makes TIGHT cars. love it.

Looks...such a beautiful car...almost like a 4 door 911 turbo s...get's lots of looks as well.

Verdict...great car let down by some infotainment issues. Expensive compared to other electrics that don't have those issues.

Mach E...not very fast...mid 13 second car...plenty of pep though. Handling is TERRIBLE...in some situations dangerous, specifically wet weather. The AWD system is not very good.

Brakes...one of the worst braking systems I can remember since the mid 90's...any hard braking causes the car to drift one way and the brakes don't work very well.

Interior...very good for it's pricepoint, super easy to get in and out of. Great infotainment, huge screen. Comfy leather seats.

Fit/Finish...ford seems to have stepped it up with this car...no rattles but you do get some road noise.

Looks...it's not really a mustang...enough said...lol.

Verdict...I bought this as a Turo car and i am averaging around 3k a month profit on it. That's the only reason I will keep it...lol.

BMW i3....slowwwwww...mid 14 second car. But plenty of pep for around town work. Handling is not very good due to very narrow tires...i've seen wider tires on wheel barrels. It is a very light car though so that helps.

Brakes...typical bmw braking...very good.

Interior...very funky design but layed out so nicely...exposed carbon all over the car. Tons of space for being so little. Very open interior layout...i really enjoy the interior.

Fit/Finish...BMW put a huge effort into this car and the i8...I am very impressed by this car considering I paid 25K for a low mileage used one.

Looks...wife and daughter refuse to drive in it...i love the looks...I nicknamed it thomas (the little electric that could) lol.

Verdict...I tend to reach for the keys on this car wayyyy more than I should. It is also another Turo car I bought and do pretty well on...but if I wanted a car that makes the most sense and will most likely last another 20 years with no big issues, I would probably pick the bmw. Add the fact that it has a backup gas engine if you get too low on battery and it's a real winner for me.

Hope this helps...feel free to ask questions. I have also owned several Model Y tesla's. But my current stable is the TTS, Mach E and i3 for electric cars.
I leased i3 for 3 years and your review is spot on. I will take taycan over i3 any-day purely for handling reasons :)

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got the TTS back. Updates are fantastic! Much smoother infotainment.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got the TTS back. Updates are fantastic! Much smoother infotainment.
In a 200k car software should be flawless from factory.

With regards to the ride and handling of your TTS, how would you compare it to your 4S loaner? I guess they drive quite similarly but in some ways, except power, are different... Your TTS has all performance options, acoustic glass, 21 inch wheel and more.

OP
OP
ArabianOak

ArabianOak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In a 200k car software should be flawless from factory.

With regards to the ride and handling of your TTS, how would you compare it to your 4S loaner? I guess they drive quite similarly but in some ways, except power, are different... Your TTS has all performance options, acoustic glass, 21 inch wheel and more.
Now that I got the TTS back and really focused in on the differences between the 4S and TTS I do see several things...

The TTS handles better...specifically feeling settled around turns at higher speeds etc...

The power in sport/sport plus mode on the TTS does feel much greater than the T4S...but in normal mode the gap is much smaller, specifically from a roll.

The TTS is quieter with the acoustic glass, the problem I was having is that I had a rattle in my dash around the HUD...they put new felt around the HUD insert and now my car is really quiet. But to me they are both whisper quiet and I wouldn't pay for that option if buying the car new...

I'm not sure how many diff't stereo options are on these cars but my TTS bose system is def better than the bose on the T4S...Way cleaner sound and louder.

I also love the "sport sound" I have the option of turning on in my TTS...no option for that on the T4S...seems odd since I am pretty sure it's not a real sound...lol.

Overall they are ALL great cars with difft levels of greatness!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now that I got the TTS back and really focused in on the differences between the 4S and TTS I do see several things...

The TTS handles better...specifically feeling settled around turns at higher speeds etc...

The power in sport/sport plus mode on the TTS does feel much greater than the T4S...but in normal mode the gap is much smaller, specifically from a roll.

The TTS is quieter with the acoustic glass, the problem I was having is that I had a rattle in my dash around the HUD...they put new felt around the HUD insert and now my car is really quiet. But to me they are both whisper quiet and I wouldn't pay for that option if buying the car new...

I'm not sure how many diff't stereo options are on these cars but my TTS bose system is def better than the bose on the T4S...Way cleaner sound and louder.

I also love the "sport sound" I have the option of turning on in my TTS...no option for that on the T4S...seems odd since I am pretty sure it's not a real sound...lol.

Overall they are ALL great cars with difft levels of greatness!
Sport sound is an option on the 4S.

Did the 4S you drove have the Performance Package? If so the handling should be identical.

Odd that the Bose sounds different, as again they are identical systems in both cars. The settings were probably just different. If you check or uncheck linear or surround, it will sound entirely different.
Sponsored