wallace

First Name
Wallace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Country flag
I have to use the My Porsche app as described earlier to initiate the free charging at EA. For whatever reason, most of the time the EA charger display will say it's not charging or "disconnect" but it is in fact charging. You can audibly hear the buzz and usually the Porsche app will also indicate it's charging. Haven't had a true "plug and charge" seamless experience yet, but it also hasn't taken me more than 5 mins to get going either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JRNJTAYCAN

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
That is exactly the problem I have repeatedly had. I wonder if it is related to the alleged software patch for the 19.2 on board charger problem or if there is some other software glitch. I have had a Porsche sales rep with me on 2 occasions and he couldn’t make PnC work either. EA also eventually gave me a free charge after 30 minutes of frustration. I have connected using the NA app but never direct PnC
It has to be something with the account but I am not sure on what side, mine, Porsche or EA. When they sent a free session to the station the charge connected and worked perfect.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
you need to be aware that not all EA chargers support plug and charge.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
you need to be aware that not all EA chargers support plug and charge.
My lack of P nC has been at 3 different EA chargers. Is there any way to tell which chargers don’t support PnC?

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
You should have immediatly called EA at the charger.
On my last 800 mile trip I called EA three times. The line was so busy that I never got beyond hold on any of the calls. I ended up moving from charger to charger until I found one that worked.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
My lack of P nC has been at 3 different EA chargers. Is there any way to tell which chargers don’t support PnC?
not any reliable way - no - I just assume it won't work and use the Porsche app to activate the session.
Sponsored