adamperrin

First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Hi All - I'm a new member and need to submit my final specification this week for a Taycan 4s Cross Turismo (ordered in May, hoping for a Dec/Jan delivery).

I'm close to my budget but could go up a little if I'm missing something major.

My code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLYYHM1

Stuff I've been debating includes:

1) Should I pay an extra £1k for "Offroad design package in vesuvius grey" rather than trying to save cash with the "Inlays painted in Vesuvius grey"?
2) Is it a mistake not to put the roof rails on?
3) Am i missing anything in the "e-performance" section? This is my first EV and I'm told to go for 22KW on-board AC charger, DC Charger with 150KW and Public charging cable (Mode 3).
4) I've read comments on the need for improved brakes. But unsure how important they are?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate all your time.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
my €0.02:
1. waste of money. It’s just an expensive, plastic dust and sand collector.
2. Depends on your life-style and needs. Trunk is very small… but it’s enough for me, so I didn’t buy rails since it looks better without.
3. Go for it.
4. Don’t know, don’t have them

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All - I'm a new member and need to submit my final specification this week for a Taycan 4s Cross Turismo (ordered in May, hoping for a Dec/Jan delivery).

1) Should I pay an extra £1k for "Offroad design package in vesuvius grey" rather than trying to save cash with the "Inlays painted in Vesuvius grey"?
3) Am i missing anything in the "e-performance" section? This is my first EV and I'm told to go for 22KW on-board AC charger, DC Charger with 150KW and Public charging cable (Mode 3).
4) I've read comments on the need for improved brakes. But unsure how important they are?

1. Off-road design pack looks awful (IMHO). Gloss black inserts looks best with all exterior colours.
2 I suspect the rails can be added later (Tequipment) as long as you have the glass roof. Black rails look best and melt into the glass roof to disguise.

3. Unless you have 3 phase electrical supply at home the 22kW option is a waste of money. Check the public DC options in your area and if plentiful (50kW plus) then you probably won't use much public AC charging remembering it is slow. Single phase home electrical supply will be ideal for overnight charging at 9.6kW. Car has 11kW AC charger as std but this would also require 3 phase home supply. Note that the PMCC is also required to get max 22kW at home if you do have or plan to get 3 phase supply.

150kW DC booster (400v to 800v) is worth taking as there are 150kW 400v DC legacy and new chargers out there. Also, there are plans to make the Tesla Supercharger network available to all. These are 400v 120kW units and to take advantage you'd need to have the 150kW 400v DC.booster option (Taycan is native 800v).

4. Brakes are just fine - std - for general use.

Other observations

1. Black Matrix - they are already dark grey and not worth paying extra for black (you won't notice).

2. Rear light strip logo in black - too dark unless you've seen it and like it.

3. 360 panoramic cameras (a must)

4. Public mode cable you'll need as not all public chargers are tethered.

5. PMCC charger if you plan a 22kW home setup otherwise you are limited to 9.6kW.

6. Power steering plus - a must. Consider rear axle steering which includes this option. Worth the money.

7. Porsche logo door lights - skip - door mirrors have puddle lights as standard.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
1. I find the off road package expensive and ugly.
2. I don't like the look of the roof rails (or glass roof for that matter) so unless you plan to use them I wouldn't do the rails.
3. The 22kW charger is expensive and only really worth it if you have a 3-phase electricity supply at home or work or a potentially frequently used charger is 22kW AC.
4. I reckon with 260kW (around 350hp) of regenerative braking the actual friction discs won't be in use all that often. I did think the coated discs may look a bit prettier but decided not worth the money for looks and not needed for performance, and probably much more expensive as spare parts.

I haven't fixed mine either yet though, but being an engineer with a whole career in racing I have chosen torque vectoring, active ARBs and rear wheel steering so most of my budget has gone on that! Just not sure of the interior so far!

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I'm told to go for 22KW on-board AC charger, DC Charger with 150KW and Public charging cable (Mode 3).
If you are charging at home and can charge over night, the built in 11 kw charger is fine. You will be able to charge in 8 hours or less. Someone mentioned that a 22 kw charger is good for Uber drivers who need to charge quickly at home. That sounds like a reasonable usage model.

The 150kw/400v charger might be a good upgrade in North America if Tesla opens up their charging network at full speed (no guaranty that they will do this at full speed). I'm not sure how useful this is in the UK since it seems Ionity charges at 800v, which you get in the Taycan standard.

As for the basic Porsche EVSE (the device you will use at home to connect mains power to your car), most people on this forum seem to have non-Porsche EVSEs. I use a Juicebox 40 at home, others use Tesla EVSEs with a Teslatap adapter. There are many great EVSEs which you can get at Amazon.

dynamo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan 4 cross tourismo
Country flag

nicely spec'd!
Sponsored