OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
So my OPC contacted me this morning and advised that my car (MY21) is showing on the system as "on board/in transit", but in reality according to my sales rep, it is actually sitting in Sheerness with a huge backlog of other Porsche vehicles. My sales rep is going to try and find out from vehicle planning (at Porsche GB) if they can provide any further release date information.

Also, Porsche UK have apparently delivered several MY21 cars and it is only certain chassis numbers that have been held back, not all UKI MY21 cars. My sales rep indicated that mine + 1 other customers MY21 cars were not in the "hold back" list.
So my OPC contacted me this morning and advised that my car (MY21) is showing on the system as "on board/in transit", but in reality according to my sales rep, it is actually sitting in Sheerness with a huge backlog of other Porsche vehicles. My sales rep is going to try and find out from vehicle planning (at Porsche GB) if they can provide any further release date information.

Also, Porsche UK have apparently delivered several MY21 cars and it is only certain chassis numbers that have been held back, not all UKI MY21 cars. My sales rep indicated that mine + 1 other customers MY21 cars were not in the "hold back" list.
Thanks for the update and for clarifying.
Sponsored

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

My dealer called this morning and it seems that Porche have not updated the systems on production and delivery since last Thursday. My car was to enter production last Friday and exit this Friday (along with 6 other cars from the same dealer). He also mentioned that a few of cars on order with him have had their production pushed further out 7 days and 14 days. He felt our car should arrive before year end (!!!) but is concerned about December delivery. I contacted the leasing company we bought the car through (for business) who has ordered 15 Taycan 4Ss for November production and December delivery are going to call me back to see what information they are getting - maybe they will have a more open conversation with the dealer given the size of their order? I will update once I hear more.

old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Lots of conflicting stories here, my OPC has stated that my car, which was due to enter body shop last Friday 9th Oct, is showing as entered body shop on the 12th Oct, so vehicle management system is being updated as normal. I think that if you are really worried ask your sales person for a screen shot of your Taycan build from the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System.

550superfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Jimmy I am reading this with interest as I have an order placed for November build and December delivery. Ordered through Select Car Leasing. Which leasong co are you reffering to please? Same one? My car is coming through Porsche East London.

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
You are based in Germany, had you car built middle Sept and the earliest you could pick-up was end of Oct - that seems very odd to me in terms of the time from build to pick-up in Germany...?
Reason is the following:

Originally my car was supposed to be finished by late Sept. Then, the earliest theoretical pickup date would have been Oct 6th. But that pickup would have been at the dealer not the factory in Zuffenhausen.
As this is my first Porsche I did not want to miss the experience of picking it up in Zuffenhausen. (which is just 30 min drive from where I live)
Then, Porsche has limited slots for Taycan pickups in Zuffenhausen. AFAIK they have some 20 vehicle pickups per day. However, as for most Taycan drivers it is their very first electric vehicle they have allotted something like two to three hours for the handover and instruction of the Taycan vs one to one and a half hours for other models.
and that is why they have restricted it to only three or four Taycan pickups per day.
with the increasing popularity of the Taycan relative to other Porsche models this is creating quite a long queue for pickups in Zuffenhausen.
and as I am currently driving rental cars I am flexible and in no hurry. Still, anticipation is very high with exactly three weeks to go.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Reason is the following:

Originally my car was supposed to be finished by late Sept. Then, the earliest theoretical pickup date would have been Oct 6th. But that pickup would have been at the dealer not the factory in Zuffenhausen.
As this is my first Porsche I did not want to miss the experience of picking it up in Zuffenhausen. (which is just 30 min drive from where I live)
Then, Porsche has limited slots for Taycan pickups in Zuffenhausen. AFAIK they have some 20 vehicle pickups per day. However, as for most Taycan drivers it is their very first electric vehicle they have allotted something like two to three hours for the handover and instruction of the Taycan vs one to one and a half hours for other models.
and that is why they have restricted it to only three or four Taycan pickups per day.
with the increasing popularity of the Taycan relative to other Porsche models this is creating quite a long queue for pickups in Zuffenhausen.
and as I am currently driving rental cars I am flexible and in no hurry. Still, anticipation is very high with exactly three weeks to go.
Now it makes perfect sense! :). I hope you have a great experience picking up the car - I am sure it will be one of those never to forget moments!!

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Jimmy I am reading this with interest as I have an order placed for November build and December delivery. Ordered through Select Car Leasing. Which leasong co are you reffering to please? Same one? My car is coming through Porsche East London.
Our leasing company is WestMid. Dealer is Wolverhampton. I agree with an earlier post - lots of conflicting stories so although I am anxious / excited, etc.. - I guess best I can do is grab a drink and sit it out. I figure the dealers, some are helpful and others not so much, still want a sale so they will hopefully do their best to get the car here ASAP.

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Since last week, though my CP8 date has not changed, delivery has now been delayed 7 days...

The Prince

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW 330e & Lamborghini Huracan
Country flag
Update from Porsche Cambridge

As i suspected last week the car needs a new PCM module? and top screen.

Coming from Germany, so be with garage next Tuesday.

Had car just over 2 weeks, been in garage for 9 days so far.

Not really the Porsche experience i was looking forward to.

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi guys,
Many thanks to everyone who as added their comments on here, from what people have put on here and from what I’ve seen on other threads it’s looking like this delay is purely on the production run of 23rd and 24th September. Others are getting their MY2021 cars delivered now so guess it’s just unlucky for those of us in that run. I’ll update if I hear any more on the issue. Those that are getting their cars, enjoy! They look good and looking forward to getting ours. Guess the next question is the 10 percent Brexit Tariff!

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I popped into Wilmslow Porsche today and the sales guy also mentioned vehicles being stuck in Germany but had no details. He also stated that if you ordered today it was a March to April delivery....

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I popped into Wilmslow Porsche today and the sales guy also mentioned vehicles being stuck in Germany but had no details. He also stated that if you ordered today it was a March to April delivery....
That’s more or less normal delivery cycle for a Porsche in the UK, so actually it’s improved.

OP
OP
Matt8442

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Everyone, just visited dealership and was told my car is now at Sheerness and am looking at delivery of car by next week. Fingers crossed!

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Everyone, just visited dealership and was told my car is now at Sheerness and am looking at delivery of car by next week. Fingers crossed!
Ditto...who is your OPC? I was advised yesterday but with no confirmation on when it will get on the back of a trailer...
Sponsored