They used to have widgets for Connect.
I think widgets for My Porsche is new.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
FWIW, it seems to be the exact same thing on Android as well. I had added it about a week ago, but didn't realize that it was new.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
FWIW, it seems to be the exact same thing on Android as well. I had added it about a week ago, but didn't realize that it was new.
I've got Android and am pretty certain I had the widget ever since I got the My Porsche app.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Surprised to not see any discussion about the new app update yet? Widgets back, and also what seems to be the ability to control some car functions via CarPlay? (Still haven’t tried it out.)

Experience the My Porsche in Apple CarPlay® integration in your new Cayenne:

You can now enjoy the vehicle-specific user experience within Apple's digital ecosystem. This will allow numerous vehicle features to be controlled directly in CarPlay®.

Furthermore, the update includes the following functions:

• Vehicle status widget: Have the most important vehicle information directly on your homescreen
  • Newly adapted EV Services for the new Cayenne PHEV models
  • Intelligent climatization: This service reminds you, depending on the weather and in good time before your departure, to air condition your vehicle to the desired temperature. This is made possible after a learning phase in frequently used places.

We are constantly working on improvements and further developments and hope you enjoy using the My Porsche app as your digital companion.

Please note that the scope of functions for the app may vary depending on the model, model year and availability

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It's new. I hope they also develop one for the iOS lock screen – especially now that newer iPhones have the "always on" displays that Android have had for years,

Interactive widgets is only coming out in the next version of iOS – due out sometime in September. Hopefully, we'll then be able to kick off some common actions from within the widget without having to open the app itself: like pre climatisation or activate remote parking, etc.

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, what about the rest? Did anyone try out, or is it Cayenne only?
I have the intelligent climatization enabled with the temperature range of 5-23 C set as an exception. Never had any reminders yet as our summer is exactly this temperature this time :D

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Well, what about the rest? Did anyone try out, or is it Cayenne only?
I use the widget but don't use CarPlay and the rest didn't seem that interesting when I read about the update details.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Carplay feature doesn’t work for me. If I open the Porsche app on Carplay it says that my car doesn’t support the Porsche App.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Carplay feature doesn’t work for me. If I open the Porsche app on Carplay it says that my car doesn’t support the Porsche App.
Its "new" that it even appears on CarPlay! But obviously useless at the moment – outside of the Cayenne.

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This appears to be new also in iOS. Don’t know if it does anything yet on the Taycan… mine errors out.

Porsche Taycan MyPorsche app updated IMG_2178

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If I already have to grab my phone and unlock it, might as well just open the Porsche app. It's not like the widget gives you real time info, it simply provides info from the last time you opened the app. May be useful as a reminder for older folks who don't remember. Also, still no watch integration they used to have with the previous app.
Sponsored