OP
OP

faithnomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
Ok guys, just one more. Are sport seats worth it over adaptive comfor seats? I can't imagine needing more then 14 way..?
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
22kw charger - i got it, never used it. Expensive. - Maybe if you have 3-phase at home it becomes interesting.
150kw 400/800v charger thing - I didn't get and would have used it. Cheap.

doh.

OP
OP

faithnomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
22kw charger - i got it, never used it. Expensive. - Maybe if you have 3-phase at home it becomes interesting.
150kw 400/800v charger thing - I didn't get and would have used it. Cheap.

doh.
Sorry I don't get your 2nd line. Isn't the DC charger stock capable of up to 300KW ?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry I don't get your 2nd line. Isn't the DC charger stock capable of up to 300KW ?
Sort of.
if the EVSE is 800v then you can get up to about 270 I think it is. But if the EVSE is 400v then you only get up to 50kw unless you spec the 150kw onboard charger.

IONITY and Porsche EVSEs are 800v.. Tesla and quite a few other (older) EVSE suppliers with 150kw capacity are 400v.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I didn't spec the 22kwh option. Like you said, in Belgium it isn't worth it too charge too fast at home (extra taxes) so 11kwh & even 7.4kwh is more than enough to charge over night.

Also I ordered the roof box, the performance one (tailored for the taycan and reduce drag as much as possible) I haven't used it yet so I can't tell how much % of battery is dragging but I like the look of it :)

OP
OP

faithnomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I didn't spec the 22kwh option. Like you said, in Belgium it isn't worth it too charge too fast at home (extra taxes) so 11kwh & even 7.4kwh is more than enough to charge over night.

Also I ordered the roof box, the performance one (tailored for the taycan and reduce drag as much as possible) I haven't used it yet so I can't tell how much % of battery is dragging but I like the look of it :)
what do you do winter tires wise? Asking because until now I've always just switched rubber only (tire center at 4km), but Porsche dealer explained its not good for rubber - which I can kind of imagine with the RS spider alloys.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
what do you do winter tires wise? Asking because until now I've always just switched rubber only (tire center at 4km), but Porsche dealer explained its not good for rubber - which I can kind of imagine with the RS spider alloys.
I'm planning to order another set of rims/tires in 20'. Currently there are no approved 21winter tires for the Taycan. And I have to say that these 21' summer tires don't like too much these freezing temperatures. Fortunately next week its gonna be warmer because i'm still running on the summer tires (but not driving much) and switching with my wife's car when it's freezing too much or if it's snowing.

OP
OP

faithnomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I would be interested ,in any research and if you find a suitable box. I'm a cyclist so a bike rack was essential albeit grossly over priced. I also think the roof bars ruin the line of the ST and are more suited to the CT. It's a shame the Sedan roof bars don't fit the ST.

I was looking at the video for this thule: https://www.thule.com/en-be/cargo-carrier/towbar-cargo-carriers/thule-backspace-xt-_-938300

an they seem to use the bike tire "ropes" (not sure how to translate in english) to lock the box.

I think someone who already has the bike rack should visit a thule shop and fit :) I can't be the only one looking for this.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
OP
OP

faithnomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I'm planning to order another set of rims/tires in 20'. Currently there are no approved 21winter tires for the Taycan. And I have to say that these 21' summer tires don't like too much these freezing temperatures. Fortunately next week its gonna be warmer because i'm still running on the summer tires (but not driving much) and switching with my wife's car when it's freezing too much or if it's snowing.
Sorry to keep getting back to the same topic - but when you say approved - I'm new to the brand, what does this mean in Porsche world? I know with my current car it can even impact your warranty, is it like that? Or is it more about the speed rating or the actual dimensions?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry to keep getting back to the same topic - but when you say approved - I'm new to the brand, what does this mean in Porsche world? I know with my current car it can even impact your warranty, is it like that? Or is it more about the speed rating or the actual dimensions?
They carry a Porsche rating on them. Basically a N rating. For the Taycan it is NF0 I think. Generally for porkers it is for a speed /performance rating and the Taycan version has extra strength given car weight.

Porsche Taycan new customer questions 6A1D2B41-0E61-452B-91BC-0C0463CA6AE2

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sort of.
if the EVSE is 800v then you can get up to about 270 I think it is. But if the EVSE is 400v then you only get up to 50kw unless you spec the 150kw onboard charger.

IONITY and Porsche EVSEs are 800v.. Tesla and quite a few other (older) EVSE suppliers with 150kw capacity are 400v.
The OP is based in Europe I believe. The 150kw onboard charger is included in the base model so it doesn't appear as an option (OP can confirm on the standard specs page of his model).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The OP is based in Europe I believe. The 150kw onboard charger is included in the base model so it doesn't appear as an option (OP can confirm on the standard specs page of his model).
It is not a charger it is a DC to DC voltage booster with purpose of boosting 400V DC EVSEs up to 800V to match the voltage of the HV battery.

The only chargers onboard are the AC and DC (50 kW 400v + 350 kW 800v). Without the booster you would only get 50 kW from a 150 kW 400V DC EVSE.
Sponsored