New guy here with a few general questions Panamera VS Taycan

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I've owned two Panameras (2015 sedan, and 2018 Pan4 E-Hybrid ST). I'm planning to migrate from the Pan4 E-Hybrid and a Macan to a Cayenne E-Hybrid and a Taycan CT4. Rear-view views out of the Taycans are poor (like the Panameras), but I find the ST and CT versions of both to be better than the sedans (the Panamera sedan seemed quite a bit better than the Taycan sedan to me in terms of the rear-window view). The Taycan CT has noticeably more storage room (and headroom in the rear) than does the Taycan sedan -- the latter tapering down a lot more in the "trunk" area, even though it's a "hatchback". I've enjoyed my Panameras but am ready to leave them behind now for the Taycan CT. I also find the extra ground clearance of the CT to make it more practical than in the Taycan sedan. The Panamera is only a few inches longer than the Taycan, but yes, the Panamera is quite long for a four-door car. (And, yes, the E-Hybrids are for long road trips, and the Taycan will be mostly for local driving -- until the public-charging infrastructure is more filled out.)
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Thank you for allowing me membership in this forum. I have been searching for information on the internet and came across this website. Needless to say my head is spinning with information. Advance apologies for so many questions. Im overwhelmed.

Currently have a 2019 Panamera E-hybrid as well as a Cayenne Coupe S. I have placed a demand for a Panamera E-hybrid "S". Really wasnt considering a Taycan until a buddy of mine down the street got one. I was actually in Atlanta for the driving experience when the Taycan hit the floor. Prior to this I had a panamera, Panamera S and Cayenne ( decaffeinated not the S)

I was looking at possibly trying to get an allocation for a Taycan Turbo. My questions are:

1. Any of you make the switch from Panamera to Taycan? Any regrets?

2. Is there a section on this site for recommended options when ordering a Taycan? The selections are endless. I built my panamera in like 20 mins. The taycan im a little lost.

3. GTS VS Turbo...... worth an extra 20k?

Thank you folks. Im in Dallas
I’ve got a 2020 4S+, now with over 20,000 miles. A amazing and terrific car.

I was given a Panamera as a loner for the big software update, as I was headed out of town. After a week it was clear to me it was a 1990’s truck, compared to the superior handling and performance of the Taycan.

Personal choice, but I’d recommend you buy the future, not the past. Taycan’s are spectacular!

Lobes1245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I went from 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid to 4S CT… just a few days in (took delivery last Thursday) and no regrets yet. Went CT for headroom and trunk space (golf clubs)… also liked the overall look better. Ice grey metallic on truffle brown, went Olea Club Leather to align more to Panamera comforts, love the look and full leather treatment.. Drives way better… performance on 4S more than enough coming from Panamera Hybrid so went deeper on options vs stepping up to Turbo: 21” Cross Turismo Design Wheels, RAS, high gloss back trims, premium package, etc. Before Panamera was Cayenne -> Macan S -> Macan GTS… missed the performance of the Macan GTS and Taycan has far surpassed and has just been a blast to drive.

Quest786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Tesla Model X
Country flag
I used to own a Panamera Turbo 2018. Test drove a Taycan Turbo S in late 2019 and on the way back in my Panamera felt like I was driving a boat and made up my mind right than , that my next car is going to be a Taycan. Fast forward to 2022, now I got a Taycan Turbo S and always trying to find an excuse to drive it. Not missing Panamera much!
My journey to Taycan from Panamera in pics. Second pic is of my Taycan test drive at my local Porsche dealer.

Porsche Taycan New guy here with a few general questions Panamera VS Taycan IMG_20200219_180144-01

Porsche Taycan New guy here with a few general questions Panamera VS Taycan IMG_20200114_125203-01

Porsche Taycan New guy here with a few general questions Panamera VS Taycan 20220306_144410-02

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi Fellow Cayenne Coupe Owner! I feel like we're kinda rare. I had a Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid that just got written off due to a winter accident (clearly I don't live in Texas).

I was looking at ordering a Taycan 4S and when I did the build, I realized I added 40k of options to bring me to a price of $163k (Canadian). Did some thinking and realized that most of these options don't really hold value when you try to resell the car (who is going to give you back the $1900 you spent for race-tex fabric on the headliner?) so I started configuring a GTS model.

Most of the options I had to pay extra for on the 4S were standard on the GTS (ie: Sport Design Package, Race-Tex headliner, Sport Chronograph, Performance Battery Plus, etc) and so I only had to add $19k of options to come to a final price of $173k (Canadian).

This is the configuration I ordered: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNADIW66

So for $10k more, I got a nicer vehicle that has more standard options, has more horsepower than the 4S and similar torque to the Turbo model. On top of that, GTS is likely to hold more value than a 4S (If that matters to you).

So that's my recommendation to you - go for the GTS. You can check out a few good review videos on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=porsche+taycan+gts+2022

Most of them say that the GTS is in that sweet spot between the 4S and Turbo, especially for the price.

Good luck!

Last edited:

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Given that I own a Panamera ST and am going to a Taycan CT, my question is what happened to the interior space in the Taycan??? It’s about as long and wide as a Panamera ST, doesnt have a twin-turbo V6, but somehow manages to be significantly more ”cozy“ inside….despite having a smaller trunk. I bit the bullet and will hopefully getting the Taycan CT in a couple of months but cant for the life of me understand why two cars of similar outside dimensions are so different on the inside. If I could wait for a wagon full electric Panamera or Audi A6 even, I would, but I am way too impatient.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Given that I own a Panamera ST and am going to a Taycan CT, my question is what happened to the interior space in the Taycan??? It’s about as long and wide as a Panamera ST, doesnt have a twin-turbo V6, but somehow manages to be significantly more ”cozy“ inside….despite having a smaller trunk. I bit the bullet and will hopefully getting the Taycan CT in a couple of months but cant for the life of me understand why two cars of similar outside dimensions are so different on the inside. If I could wait for a wagon full electric Panamera or Audi A6 even, I would, but I am way too impatient.
The Panamera ST is 3 inches longer than the Taycan CT. Having spent a couple hours in (and test-driving) a CT4, it does not seem smaller to me inside than the interior of my Panamera ST.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
The Panamera ST is 3 inches longer than the Taycan CT. Having spent a couple hours in (and test-driving) a CT4, it does not seem smaller to me inside than the interior of my Panamera ST.
This. I have both Panny ST and Taycan CT. Size inside isn’t much different as I wrote 3 pages back on this thread. Cargo area of CT is slightly smaller but about the same as a Macan.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
This. I have both Panny ST and Taycan CT. Size inside isn’t much different as I wrote 3 pages back on this thread. Cargo area of CT is slightly smaller but about the same as a Macan.
Interior feels much smaller in the Taycan….in every regard. Not sure what they did with the space.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Interior feels much smaller in the Taycan….in every regard. Not sure what they did with the space.
It is smaller but ever so slight. It coddles the front passengers more than the panny but space is pretty similar overall. The dash is much lower than the Panamera and gives the T a more open feel with better visibility in front. It’s a slightly shorter car which directly correlates to length of the cargo area and rear seat leg room. I believe height differs too which also contributes to it feeling more cozy than the panny.

The seats and space in back are the same width - I measured the back seat for a thread on the other forum:

“ Overall rear seat width: 52 / 46 - Panamera seat is wider due to larger cushions on the outside of the buckets but the bucket edge to bucket edge dimension is identical, as is the distance between the doors.
Rear seat door to door: 54 / 54”

I’m not a small guy and, aside from the egress, I prefer sitting in the (front seats of the) Taycan.

Once our Taycan is back home I can measure front seats and passenger compartment width as well.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Fellow Cayenne Coupe Owner! I feel like we're kinda rare. I had a Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid that just got written off due to a winter accident (clearly I don't live in Texas).

I was looking at ordering a Taycan 4S and when I did the build, I realized I added 40k of options to bring me to a price of $163k (Canadian). Did some thinking and realized that most of these options don't really hold value when you try to resell the car (who is going to give you back the $1900 you spent for race-tex fabric on the headrest?) so I started configuring a GTS model.

Most of the options I had to pay extra for on the 4S were standard on the GTS (ie: Sport Design Package, Race-Tex headliner, Sport Chronograph, Performance Battery Plus, etc) and so I only had to add $19k of options to come to a final price of $173k (Canadian).
And herein lies the brilliance of Porsche marketing and the reason they are one of the most profitable car companies on the planet. By offering something called a GTS with minimal performance differences, they get customers to not only pay for all those options they thought really weren’t worth it on the lower model, but also add even more. It’s like Porsche sat around and said, “how do we get people to check more boxes and just option the shit out of their 4S? I know, slap some fake suede on it and a GTS badge! Brilliant! Oh, but we can’t call it fake suede, so come up with something racy to call it.”

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
I went to the dealership to drive a Panamera eHybrid and drove the Taycan on a whim. After driving the Taycan the Panamera felt old and a bit obsolete. The die was cast at that point. The only area where I preferred the Panamera was on the look and general finish of the interior which seemed more upmarket vs. the rather stark Taycan.

WRT to options--my 4S has over $40K of them and I still don't have electrically folding mirrors but that is the Porsche way--"Oh you want doors? That's Performance Access Plus for only $2350".

OP
OP

bruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 panamera E-hybrid and a 2020 Cayenne Coupe S
Country flag
Sorry this is sort of a weird question but I am partial to the Blue colors. Is neptune a great color or an eyesore? what about Genetian? Both interesting colors but something you would drive? Love both those colors but torn if they would get old fast?
Sponsored