New Owner

Ducs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
Hello all. I’m a Ducati guy who suffered a near life ending crash on track shy of 2 years ago. Finally had to accept my slow to heal injuries aren’t going to allow me to return to my passion. Gutted.
Though I’m not a car guy at all, wife convinced me to get a car that might have the performance and rarity to scratch my itch.
IMO A car can never reach the heights of ecstasy of dragging knee at triple digits but have found myself grinning ear to ear with my first ever Porsche.

Thanks to everyone, I have learned a lot already from this forum and appreciate how Porsche has kept their racing DNA whilst entering into the EV space.
Here is my new-to-me ‘20 4S.

Porsche Taycan New Owner IMG_7279
Sponsored

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Congrats and welcome. When I stopped riding I was able to channel that money into a nicer car. Hope you enjoy your ownership.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Hello all. I’m a Ducati guy who suffered a near life ending crash on track shy of 2 years ago. Finally had to accept my slow to heal injuries aren’t going to allow me to return to my passion. Gutted.
Though I’m not a car guy at all, wife convinced me to get a car that might have the performance and rarity to scratch my itch.
IMO A car can never reach the heights of ecstasy of dragging knee at triple digits but have found myself grinning ear to ear with my first ever Porsche.

Thanks to everyone, I have learned a lot already from this forum and appreciate how Porsche has kept their racing DNA whilst entering into the EV space.

IMG_7279.jpeg
You did the right thing ;)

youtu.be/p0qmaO8_TBU?feature=shared

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Congratulations and welcome! I'm sorry to read of your injuries/recovery. I still have my Hayabusa, but I don't ride it very often since moving from Kentucky.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Welcome to the world of Porsche! You have got yourself a beautiful 4S. You will enjoy it on the many amazing roads I am sure Kentucky has. I used to have various Suzuki GSX-R750 back in the day, so I get where you coming from on the excitement. Still though, a Porsche can be pretty darn exciting too. Enjoy it!

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

IMG_7279.jpeg
Such a nice color that match the wheels very well! Welcome!

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Welcome! Since the delivery of my 4s in feb 2023 I barely touched my KtM 790. The car almost ticks every box for me.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Gorgeous color! Chalk inside? Congrats on your new ride. For sure, less drama. However, now you can bring your wife along too!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I almost kept my Moto Guzzi Griso just to look at. Italian bikes are a thing of beauty. Sold it in financial crisis 10 years ago. Luckily never dropped it apart from at a petrol station when stationary!

I am now 58 and it’s too late to get back on the horse. Electric Porsches have been ‘filling the need’ for a while now.

I have have had 2 serious falls off a bicycle at 10-15 mph. Puncture and pothole. Bad enough. Gravel rash+++, #thumb. #rib.

It’s harder to fall off a car!

Very glad to read you survived your crash. Plenty don’t.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I know 'exactly' how you feel. I tore my groin about 6 months ago (sleeping) and it still hasn't healed. Getting old does suck but the alternative sucks even more.

Welcome to the family, speed freaks are in good company here.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
Beautiful car
Frozen Blue, not NEPTUNE, correct?
Interior chalk?

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Welcome :) since having the Taycan I don't miss 2 wheels at all - though the long wet British winter helps with that

OP
OP
Ducs

Ducs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
Gorgeous color! Chalk inside? Congrats on your new ride. For sure, less drama. However, now you can bring your wife along too!
Yes, chalk. I desperately wanted this color (and the frozen blue) and had been looking for weeks. I didn't want to build out a new Porsche in the event I simply did not enjoy the EV adoption. So when this used beauty popped onto CPO market w/only 14k on the odo and my exact wants, I put down a deposit sight unseen.

And fyi...you're right. The wife much prefers the car, esp since race bikes were all track (single seat) only. lol. Thanks

OP
OP
Ducs

Ducs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
I almost kept my Moto Guzzi Griso just to look at. Italian bikes are a thing of beauty. Sold it in financial crisis 10 years ago. Luckily never dropped it apart from at a petrol station when stationary!

I am now 58 and it’s too late to get back on the horse. Electric Porsches have been ‘filling the need’ for a while now.

I have have had 2 serious falls off a bicycle at 10-15 mph. Puncture and pothole. Bad enough. Gravel rash+++, #thumb. #rib.

It’s harder to fall off a car!

Very glad to read you survived your crash. Plenty don’t.
Yes the Italians make the most gorgeous machines that are pure enjoyment. Sorry to hear you had to part with yours. I used to believe it was "never too late" though to do what you want.

I entered track racing late in life and (humbly) found I was quite good. It wasn't until my late 40s that I could afford such an expensive sport and though quite fit, it's a full time job to maintain peak fitness to offer some competition to the 20 somethings. (I cycle too and understand the bone jarring offs and road rash. hope you can stay in the saddle, my friend)

My on track get off was when passing 2 slower riders who drove me onto the rumble strips at triple digit lean and had to right the ship or plow into the back of them.
I chose the former and went head first into the retaining wall. There was ample run off but being a very fast corner I could only scrub off about 60% of the speed and (according to track workers) most likely went headfirst around 50-60 mph. I was 53 years old then and my recovery has been slow. 11 broken bones, both shoulders dislocated, wrist dislocated, ripped 5 muscles off the lumbar and that was all with a Dainese airbag suit deployment. Thankful to be here for sure.

Meanwhile I needed some mental stimulus until recovery and this Porsche seems the only thing to remotely scratch the itch, or at least mollify me until I can recover fully. lol

You never know.., at 58 you might just get another 2 wheeler?
Forgive the braggadocio but as a teaser, this was me just before the crash.
Thanks again for the kind words.

Porsche Taycan New Owner Advanced lea

Porsche Taycan New Owner Triple digit lea

OP
OP
Ducs

Ducs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
I know 'exactly' how you feel. I tore my groin about 6 months ago (sleeping) and it still hasn't healed. Getting old does suck but the alternative sucks even more.

Welcome to the family, speed freaks are in good company here.
Tore your groin sleeping? Dude....please tell me it was an epic love making session or something relatively interesting. lol
You need to spin a better yarn than that. That's retirement home level. (jk)

Completely get it. Lay my head wrong on the pillow and krickkzzk! ruptured neck muscle. lol. It is indeed as my grandfather used to say, "getting old isn't for sissies."

Thanks for the welcome. And the anecdote. Classic.
Sponsored