NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Mine was in the shop for 5 days. Apparently the upgrade file is HUGE and Porsche does not allow dealers to keep a copy onsite. So it is downloaded each time from Germany to a specific car with a specific VIN. Sometimes it doesn’t complete the download and they have to start all over again, and it takes hours. Very archaic methodology.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When you get your care back, beware that the range predictor may show some strange numbers. Mine suddenly dropped to 60km (from 200) in the middle of a drive to Whistler. Porsche says it needs several charging cycles and driving to re-calibrate. We’ll see.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Well, the car has now been in their workshop for a whole week. Last news was on Friday that they had trouble updating PCM.... Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow, this 2021 Cayenne eHybrid loaner isn't a worthy replacement (especially not with the massive Porsche Langley Service stickers on the doors...).
Update 4/27: Apparently the PCM is dead. New one on rush order. Expecting another 10 day delay...

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, the car has now been in their workshop for a whole week. Last news was on Friday that they had trouble updating PCM.... Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow, this 2021 Cayenne eHybrid loaner isn't a worthy replacement (especially not with the massive Porsche Langley Service stickers on the doors...).
That sucks... My car has to go back due to the adaptive recuperation keeps turning itself off consistently....

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ouch. I had the same thing - had to fly one in from Germany.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Will it save you some tears when you drop off your baby for surgery?
I put on a brave face, didn’t want my Taycan to be worried. Fortunately besides a software crash during one phase all went well, patient is back, smarter and brighter!

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Ouch. I had the same thing - had to fly one in from Germany.
Makes one wonder... happened to many others too.... perhaps the early PCMs would have crashed and died anyway at a far more inconvenient moment in time... Still fingers crossed.... Is yours ok now?

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes, ok since replaced in December

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
yes, ok since replaced in December
Better to get the newer PCM build now Uber warranty. Porsche nuked my Panamera PCM with a satellite radio bug when the car was over five years old. PCNA stepped up to cover part of it but still total bs when THEY broke it.

PPP

First Name
PETER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo, 991 Speedster, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had the update installed and love the new features which includes some things that aren't highlighted in the memo from Porsche. For example, it's now possible to save the location on where you activate Homelink so in future the main screen will show Homelink options for gate, garage etc when you reach that location. Similar to the GPS enabled suspension lift save feature.

I noticed the suspension is more "tuned" and the car handles even better. Wireless car play is very cool with tons of entertainment options. Very substantial number of worthwhile changes and bug fixes. Bottom line, get it done even if it takes some time.

OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree. A step forward. Worth the hassle of getting it done.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well I took the car out for another spin tonight. It may be in my head but the Normal vs Sport and Sport Plus now seem more different and more "refined." What I mean is the Sport and Sport Plus are distinct (where before the drivetrain seemed similar in the two), and Normal is, for lack of a better word, smooth and "buttery." There seems to be a better curve for power to come on in Normal, where its still fast but no harshness, where Sport Plus just keeps hitting you upside the head!

So far I am really liking it. Its worth the hassle.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well I took the car out for another spin tonight. It may be in my head but the Normal vs Sport and Sport Plus now seem more different and more "refined." What I mean is the Sport and Sport Plus are distinct (where before the drivetrain seemed similar in the two), and Normal is, for lack of a better word, smooth and "buttery." There seems to be a better curve for power to come on in Normal, where its still fast but no harshness, where Sport Plus just keeps hitting you upside the head!

So far I am really liking it. Its worth the hassle.
I think I agree. It may all be in my head, but Sport Plus seems way more vicious than before. In a good way...

Gsdodd

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have any owners in Canada received this upgrade?
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...are-update-for-first-taycan-models-23911.html

Took my 2020 4S in yesterday, when I booked the appointment they said they wanted it for 2-3 days just in case there were issues. Got a call in the afternoon saying it would 2 weeks as they have 2 Taycans in front of mine and they only do 1 at a time. The one being worked on is broken and it needs parts from Germany and they will not start another until the first one is complete. Why did they not just reschedule my appointment - I am not really liking the Cayenne loaner. I bought the Taycan as my SUV days were finished. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Sponsored