Rex-EV

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Rivian R1T, BMW X7
Country flag
I love EVs. I got my first, a Fisker Karma on Earth Day 2012 and recently traded it for the Taycan Turbo S. (I also have a Rivian R1T, which I got a little over a year ago). My first sports car was a Boxter when they first came out, then a 911 Turbo S, and an 550 Maranello, all of which I tracked. The Taycan just feels next level in every way.

It is SOOOO fast. I plan to take it to the track on Wednesday. It is a father son outing where we will be renting Subaru BRZ to learn a fairly technical track, then hope to get a few laps in with TTS--- I know from reading posts from last year that I should not expect to get more than 8 laps in, and with all seasons still on, I have to keep it below 130MPH... I just want to get a feel for the driving dynamics.

I do have a few questions about the slow computer boot up and how to get the keys linked to different drivers so the profile adjusts the seat settings upon entry, and EA not letting me charge for free (getting a server error) and Apple Music not connecting... so I'll be searching the forum for links to learn more. Looks like there is some really great discussion here.

Porsche Taycan New to the forum: Hello! IMG_3896

Porsche Taycan New to the forum: Hello! IMG_3866

Porsche Taycan New to the forum: Hello! IMG_3936

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Welcome! And what a nice stable of cars you have.

For Apple Music, be sure you've logged into it via the My Porsche website under connected services with your Apple ID and password. The same holds for Apple Podcasts which you'll see on the same web page. You then have to login via the PCM with the QR code.

The Apple Music PCM app is pretty squirrelly and you do need a strong LTE connection for it to work. Where I live there's no cell service, so Apple Music doesn't kick in until I drive a couple of miles.

Last edited:

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Nice cars!!
How did you like the Karma? I like the styling, but felt they missed the boat by going plug-in, instead of full BEV.

There's no way to link the key fob to driver profiles/memory settings. You just have to hit the memory recall button for your adjustments every time you get in.

-ThinkMac-
Sponsored