Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I was really surprised at how cheap it is to insure him on our account. We already had to insure him on our other car that he drives to school everyday so that is why he could not be removed from the Taycan that is insured with the same company. I figure if we have to insure him he might as well get to drive it (while I’m on it with him).

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok, so after the issues with the PMCC, the questions of warranty coverage, rattles and knocks, and people selling their Taycan for a Lucid (WTF - out of the frying pan and into the fire...), not to mention the mid-terms, and war in Ukraine, it is unbelievably refreshing to read a post that basically validates my OCD behavior with my Taycan.

Thanks so much!

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Insurance rates in my area tend to be driven as much or more by likelihood of theft/carjacking than anything else. Fortunately, Porsches are not hijacked at nearly the rate of other vehicles. The only thing that causes high rates is high replacement part costs. So if they don't get you one way, they get you another way.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
nice.
Sour and onion grease on the steering wheel. Way to break in the car.
Salt and Vinegar as I recall ;)

My car, my rules :rock:

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So on my way home from work yesterday my wife texted me and asked if I could buy a couple Costco pizzas for a school event. Now normally I would NEVER EVER take my car to Costco but thanks to this forum and my previous post about being overly cautious with my Taycan I did it. I wasn’t even too paranoid or worried during the 14 minutes and 47 seconds that I left my car in the Costco parking lot. I think next maybe I’ll allow eating in my car. An apple or something. Maybe.

8B575534-CE3F-4A73-95D4-EDC42F6966A2.jpeg
😂I love this post.
Will be in the same conundrum as I also go to Costco frequently!
The most dangerous thing about the parking lot are all the shopping carts! People leave them everywhere. They are like heat seeking missiles for your car door/fender on a windy day!

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Costco parking lots are great places to convert wannabe Plaid owners to the Taycan, at least in the California Bay Area. I have cleaned my daughter’s poopie diapers plenty of times on the Taycan backseat. It’s a 4 door family saloon for God’s sakes, not a 2-door girlfriend on wheels. Let it live a little.

ddwackit

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
So on my way home from work yesterday my wife texted me and asked if I could buy a couple Costco pizzas for a school event. Now normally I would NEVER EVER take my car to Costco but thanks to this forum and my previous post about being overly cautious with my Taycan I did it. I wasn’t even too paranoid or worried during the 14 minutes and 47 seconds that I left my car in the Costco parking lot. I think next maybe I’ll allow eating in my car. An apple or something. Maybe.

8B575534-CE3F-4A73-95D4-EDC42F6966A2.jpeg
Thank you for bringing laughs to my morning!! I also have a no eating in my car policy and I am driving my husband nuts!!! I also agree with the people that say someone always parks next to you!!! I am a few years out with the truffle pig!!

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Parking.jpg

This is my favorite spot at a major shopping center near me.
I have always thought that they should create a row of parking spots with physical barriers to separate them by a foot or two at least, and then apply demand pricing to them. If the lot is empty, anyone can use them. Once the lot starts to fill up, you have to pay. If the lot is full, you pay a lot.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
I have always thought that they should create a row of parking spots with physical barriers to separate them by a foot or two at least, and then apply demand pricing to them. If the lot is empty, anyone can use them. Once the lot starts to fill up, you have to pay. If the lot is full, you pay a lot.
You can't do that. The economics would never work. Most locations have a required amount of parking per SF or rentable space. The ratio varies by use type. What you suggest would take more physical space and would result in a decrease in the amount of spaces available per acre, which means lsss rentable SF.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have race-tex seats, a child seat, and go on road trips with my toddler. There have been accidents. That's about all I have to say about that.

Costco doesn't bother me, maybe some of the busier parking garages, but it'll get dinged one way or another eventually.
Sponsored