Newbie looking for advice - is this 2021 RWD a good deal?

foodwithnuts

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Hey all, been lurking around in the forums recently since I've been in the market for a Taycan and doing a bunch of research. Was hoping some of you helpful folks might be able to weigh in on a car I've had my eye on.

I'm in the US, looking for a Taycan in the Frozen Berry color. Found one on CarMax with 26K miles, asking price of $64,998. Initially wasn't sure because CarMax doesn't have a build sheet, but a local Porsche dealership was kind enough to look up the VIN and pulled the spec sheet for me (see below).

Porsche Taycan Newbie looking for advice - is this 2021 RWD a good deal? IMG_3806

Porsche Taycan Newbie looking for advice - is this 2021 RWD a good deal? IMG_3807

Didn't let it show on my face in the dealership at the time, but I was floored when I saw the specs. The car had almost everything I wanted! There were just two things that were missing:

• Air suspension
  • Rear axle steering
But I feel like neither of these are deal-breakers. I've heard varying opinions on the air suspension being necessary, with some saying they can't feel a difference and others saying the car needs it. Guess I'll see how it feels when test driving. Rear axle steering would definitely be very nice since I'm a new driver (thinking it would make parking easier), but I don't live in a big city so thinking it should be fine to not have it.

Wanted to ask folks on here if this seems like a good deal, or if there's anything else I should be on the lookout for/be wary of? I've read many times that being within warranty is a big deal, and extending it is highly recommended. Not sure if I would need to get the car CPO'd if I pulled the trigger. Open to hearing all suggestions/recommendations since I'm very much in unfamiliar waters.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From my understanding, it still should be under warranty, yes? If so, I think the price is good.

refazi

First Name
Refael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2020 Macan, BMW i8, Audi ETron
Country flag
Rear axle steering on the base RWD is not that important, air suspension is!
For that price, i would get it, seems like a good deal if the battery in the car is well, i wouldn't think twice if that was a CPO - check with that dealer if they can sale you extended warranty on it after the 4 year expires.

seattlefox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
How does extended warranty work in this case? Will it be the same as warranty on a CPO car? I think that's a deal breaker given it's right at the time of warranty expiration.

Other than that, seems like a great deal!

OP
OP

foodwithnuts

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
How does extended warranty work in this case? Will it be the same as warranty on a CPO car? I think that's a deal breaker given it's right at the time of warranty expiration.

Other than that, seems like a great deal!
The dealer said that they can CPO it for me if I bring it in - he mentioned having to do a bunch of checks in order to do so however. From what I've read elsewhere it sounds like I can buy a warranty separately as well? Would definitely do that provided it's an option.

seattlefox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The dealer said that they can CPO it for me if I bring it in - he mentioned having to do a bunch of checks in order to do so however. From what I've read elsewhere it sounds like I can buy a warranty separately as well? Would definitely do that provided it's an option.
It seems to me those are the options you need to explore, i.e. how much CPO-ifying the car cost? How much the separate warranty cost for let's say 2 years? Then compare that to just purchasing a CPO car directly from the dealer?

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
The dealer said that they can CPO it for me if I bring it in
No, the dealer cannot CPO if you don't buy the car from Porsche. I looked into this and spoke to Porsche NA since I bought mine from an Audi dealer (still VAG). They will only allow you to add the CPO warranty if you buy from Porsche or a private sale on a previous CPO vehicle.

Having said that, the price still worked for me and Porsche did a free inspection while handling an open recall. I have about a year left on the new car warranty and will explore extended warranties to get me another 3-4 years.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey all, been lurking around in the forums recently since I've been in the market for a Taycan and doing a bunch of research. Was hoping some of you helpful folks might be able to weigh in on a car I've had my eye on.

I'm in the US, looking for a Taycan in the Frozen Berry color. Found one on CarMax with 26K miles, asking price of $64,998. Initially wasn't sure because CarMax doesn't have a build sheet, but a local Porsche dealership was kind enough to look up the VIN and pulled the spec sheet for me (see below).

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

Didn't let it show on my face in the dealership at the time, but I was floored when I saw the specs. The car had almost everything I wanted! There were just two things that were missing:

• Air suspension
  • Rear axle steering
But I feel like neither of these are deal-breakers. I've heard varying opinions on the air suspension being necessary, with some saying they can't feel a difference and others saying the car needs it. Guess I'll see how it feels when test driving. Rear axle steering would definitely be very nice since I'm a new driver (thinking it would make parking easier), but I don't live in a big city so thinking it should be fine to not have it.

Wanted to ask folks on here if this seems like a good deal, or if there's anything else I should be on the lookout for/be wary of? I've read many times that being within warranty is a big deal, and extending it is highly recommended. Not sure if I would need to get the car CPO'd if I pulled the trigger. Open to hearing all suggestions/recommendations since I'm very much in unfamiliar waters.
RAS - 5% of turn at the rear - you will barely notice and not really targeted for this (parking) whereas enhanced handling is. U-Turns you may notice but too be honest you won't miss it.

AIR - it would be preferable - heavy car given you have the extended battery (Performance Battery Plus).