Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
HI Forumers

This is my spec for my RWD : PNRHYIX0

I know its really basic but budget/wife and general stinginess prohibits a fully loaded list of extras.

Ive gone with 20" turbo aeros. pano roof. widow trims in gloss black. folding mirrors. Bose. 4+1 seats.

If theres anything that really should go in I might forsake the 4+1 as I don't really need it

cheers for any input
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Appreciate the budget constraint but consider:
  1. Performance Battery Plus (if you are range anxious) and if worried about resale
  2. 150kW 400V DC Booster - you may not need it but there are legacy (and new) 150kW EVSEs out there which you can only take advantage of with this option (otherwise limited to 50kW DC 400V). Small price for overall flexibility
  3. Ditch 4+1 and add 360 Surround Cameras - really useful
  4. Driver memory package (useful if more than 1 driver)
  5. Heated steering wheel
  6. Auto dim interior / exterior mirrors
  7. Cable between charger and vehicle - 7.5m (free, so take it)

Reactions: B61

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Having owned a RWD for a month I pretty much agree with W1nge.

360 camera is a must for parking in the UK as rear visibility is non existent. You will be relying on cameras every time you park up.

Air suspension is also a must imo as the car is very low and you do need the lift function for car park ramps / speed bumps etc.

150kw / DC booster is a must have.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Have now had RWD for 2 months. There is plenty of discussion on this forum on the options and is worth searching.

Agree with your choices except gloss black trim.

Air suspension is really important. Heated wheel probably also for you.

We used our 4+1 seats for the first time when kids were home. Glad we have it.

Depending on your use of the car, trips, availability of chargers, you may or may not need the big battery. We have standard battery and with our driving and 280 mi range, at 100% SOC, the big battery would not have added anything to us (except weight). Resale value of the big battery remains just a guess at this point.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
HI Forumers

This is my spec for my RWD : PNRHYIX0

I know its really basic but budget/wife and general stinginess prohibits a fully loaded list of extras.

Ive gone with 20" turbo aeros. pano roof. widow trims in gloss black. folding mirrors. Bose. 4+1 seats.

If theres anything that really should go in I might forsake the 4+1 as I don't really need it

cheers for any input
4+1 is a waste of $. Center seat is useless for any normal adult.

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Appreciate the budget constraint but consider:
  1. Performance Battery Plus (if you are range anxious) and if worried about resale
  2. 150kW 400V DC Booster - you may not need it but there are legacy (and new) 150kW EVSEs out there which you can only take advantage of with this option (otherwise limited to 50kW DC 400V). Small price for overall flexibility
  3. Ditch 4+1 and add 360 Surround Cameras - really useful
  4. Driver memory package (useful if more than 1 driver)
  5. Heated steering wheel
  6. Auto dim interior / exterior mirrors
  7. Cable between charger and vehicle - 7.5m (free, so take it)
cheers Adrian,
Ive weighed up pros and cons of battery plus and don't think ill get more than the 4 grand back it costs
I will def do the 150kw booster but wanted to check what forum thought as salesman was really insistent on that as with the charger cable
The surround cameras was on my potential list. Again dealer was pushing 4+1 but I wasn't sure tbh.
I'll be main driver as wife doesn't seem keen to drive it lol
heated steering wheel might be worth cosidering
I think the auto dim mirrors are standard?

thanks again

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Having owned a RWD for a month I pretty much agree with W1nge.

360 camera is a must for parking in the UK as rear visibility is non existent. You will be relying on cameras every time you park up.

Air suspension is also a must imo as the car is very low and you do need the lift function for car park ramps / speed bumps etc.

150kw / DC booster is a must have.
Thanks Ian
360 camera seems to have jumped up on my list
Is PASM that much different? I have now driven both and honestly couldn't tell the difference lol. Saying that I'm guessing a few speed bumps might interfere with the low ride height....Anyone had problems?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
4+1 is a waste of $. Center seat is useless for any normal adult.
I feel like the sweet spot for it is a child, too big for a car seat or booster, but still on the more petite side. Basically a smaller 10-12 year old.

3 adults is pure misery.

I tried transporting my daughter and her 2 friends who are all 6 and in boosters, and it was an insanely tight and uncomfortable squeeze for them getting all 3 booster seats in. Would never do it again as it didn't feel very safe and I left it off my CT4 build. Worthless option IMHO, I'd rather be in the 3rd row of a Tesla Model Y than sitting in the middle of a Taycan.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Thanks Ian
360 camera seems to have jumped up on my list
Is PASM that much different? I have now driven both and honestly couldn't tell the difference lol. Saying that I'm guessing a few speed bumps might interfere with the low ride height....Anyone had problems?
PASM is in my top 3 options. It makes the ride so much more polished, especially if this is a daily driver. I have tested a RWD without it, and you're right, the ride quality is still nice, but I definitely felt the drop in quality on some roads near my house that are slightly uneven or have some cracks in them. I can hardly feel them in my 4S with PASM, but they were pretty uncomfortable in the RWD.

Any charger they try and sell you is bogus. Mine tried to get me to buy a Mobile Connect charger, which is an outrageous upcharge (and the car already comes with a charger). Plenty of good chargers out there for 1/2 or 1/3rd the price Porsche is charging if you need another one.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Porsche code not working for me at the moment. I think the 7.5m cable is only an option if you have the mobile charger connect, not the ordinary mobile charger. Maybe you specced it, I don't know.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Managed to see it with a different browser. The windscreen with top grey tint is really only for the head up display. I don't think anyone specs it without the HUD.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Managed to see it with a different browser. The windscreen with top grey tint is really only for the head up display. I don't think anyone specs it without the HUD.
I specced it (without the HUD) but I've not even noticed it tbh. ?
Must have a look next time I use the car...... See what I've wasted my money on.

Regards lift function.....
Low ride height is an issue. I bottomed out on a speed ramp in week one. It wasn't even that big. Lesson learned and drive round in medium most of the time and store all ramps etc to lift save.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nothing to do with HUD - it doesn't project that far up the screen.

I've had it in other Porsches and never had HUD ( pointless IMHO).

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
150kW 400V DC Booster - you may not need it but there are legacy (and new) 150kW EVSEs out there which you can only take advantage of with this option (otherwise limited to 50kW DC 400V). Small price for overall flexibility
Correct me if I’m wrong, as I’ve seen all different recommendations on this option, but aren’t you only limited to 50kw if it’s a 400v station. It’s my understanding there are virtually no 400v stations in the US that are also cable of over 50kw. I understand it’s a relatively inexpensive addition, but for something that’s barely, if ever, used I’m inclined to leave it off. Yeah, it’s only $460, but this forum is littered with threads on any number of options less than $1000 that people say “it’s so cheap so just get it”. You add those up and it starts to make a real difference.

800V charging allows for half the current than 400V. Based on that alone 800V is the future of fast charging. Not to mention, Porsche was the first EV to go 800V, it won’t be the last. I would be willing to bet 10 years from now almost all manufacturers will be 800V, except Tesla of course, Elon can’t help but try to prove his was the best and still is.

For someone who was already debating the PB vs PB+, and foresees us charging 99% time at home, I can’t justify the cost, no matter how low it is to be honest. But, it’s not a standard option, so everyone is free to order theirs how they want it.
Sponsored