Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Just reading this as mine has giving up just had to get car recovered as no heat and it steams up inside parts on back order I am told very dissatisfied with the electonics of the car
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they get your car fixed quickly. One thing to note on your post… without any punctuation it was difficult to read. Considering adding punctuation to your future posts.
Sponsored

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they get your car fixed quickly. One thing to note on your post… without any punctuation it was difficult to read. Considering adding punctuation to your future posts.

I’m waiting to collect my brand new Taycan GTS which has the heating problem (picked up on PDI). I was due to collect on 4.12.22. Spoke with Porsche UK and no timeline given on the when parts might be available to dealers can fix the issue. Looks like a while before they become available. Not good for a £120k plus car.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Well this is getting beyond frustrating.... so heater failed, called up the local dealership, and they basically told me to pound sand. Since I didn't purchase the car directly from them (never had a CT4 in stock, nor would take an order) they won't provide a loaner and saying it'll be 2-3 weeks before can even look at it, and that "i'll have to arrange my own transportation" while it's being fixed.

So now my option is to start calling other dealers within a 60 minute drive, despite it being 10 degrees outside, in this $125k car that has no heat, to maybe luckily even be given a rental car at a minimum. Or else go on Turo and get an SUV for the week since the whole reason I bought a porsche wagon was to be able to bring our dogs along.....
Wow, mind sharing which dealership this was? (DM if you'd rather not share publicly on forum thread). I'm surprised because the failed heater is a warranty issue and you'd think a Porsche dealership would treat all Porsche customers the same with regards to providing warranty service and loaners, regardless of which dealership the car was purchased from. After all, it's Porsche NA that ultimately compensates the dealerships for the loaners, don't they? That's certainly how my current Porsche dealership handles things, and that's even how any BMW or Audi dealership I've dealt with have handled things when it comes to service visits on many of my past and current Audis and BMWs - they don't discriminate against owners who purchased cars elsewhere.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Wow, mind sharing which dealership this was? (DM if you'd rather not share publicly on forum thread). I'm surprised because the failed heater is a warranty issue and you'd think a Porsche dealership would treat all Porsche customers the same with regards to providing warranty service and loaners, regardless of which dealership the car was purchased from. After all, it's Porsche NA that ultimately compensates the dealerships for the loaners, don't they? That's certainly how my current Porsche dealership handles things, and that's even how any BMW or Audi dealership I've dealt with have handled things when it comes to service visits on many of my past and current Audis and BMWs - they don't discriminate against owners who purchased cars elsewhere.
Porsche Lincolnwood, still have yet to have a positive interaction with them.

Ended up calling Porsche Exchange up in Highland Park, and they'll come pick up the car on Wednesday, but telling me it'll be about a month till possibly fixed, and that I am on my own for finding a rental car or something until they have a loaner available, which might not be until 2023, and that Porsche "might" reimburse the rental car costs, but might not. Insane.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
So about this failing heater issue that's seemingly widespread... is this just the HVAC cabin heating that fails or is the heat pump for the optimization of HV battery temps for charging that also fails, or are they one the same heating system? Or are they 2 separate heating system issues that people are having problems with?

Car_fan

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
So just to update my brand new Sports Turismo (collected 2 weeks ago) had a heater problem as soon as I left the dealership so I got it collected within a week.
It was inspected today at Porsche Hatfield and the issue has been sorted within hours.
Apparently the coolant pump had seized so they took out the part to inspect it and then got it working again.
So I’m collecting my car tomorrow morning and hopefully no further hiccups on this issue.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So about this failing heater issue that's seemingly widespread... is this just the HVAC cabin heating that fails or is the heat pump for the optimization of HV battery temps for charging that also fails, or are they one the same heating system? Or are they 2 separate heating system issues that people are having problems with?
Part of the same setup....extract below from Audi e-tron docs:

Porsche Taycan No Heating -  class problem Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 19.28.09

Porsche Taycan No Heating -  class problem Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 19.28.28

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine packed in today, dec 2020 4s. Neighbours 6 month old 4sCT packed in about 6 weeks ago. He got a loaner Taycan. I called Porsche Colchester today and was told 7-10 days to order part, and to call Porsche assist who will pick up car and arrange hire car, so guess no Porsche loaner being offered. Haven’t done this yet.

Has anyone continued to drive theirs? Need to do 150 mile round trip tomorrow. I’m thinking heated seat, layers, gloves and scarf should suffice! Minus 2 temp predicted when I set off with a high of 2 degrees for the return trip. Drove it tonight and bloody cold but screen stayed clear,but only a short journey. Anyone done a longer trip and what happened screen wise?

Bit annoying as been in a hire car for 5 days due to front tyre blow out last week. Thought it was a puncture but tyre just shredded on inside. Outside edge had 4-5mm !! Looks like they’ll be doing the tracking at the same time!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone continued to drive theirs? Need to do 150 mile round trip tomorrow. I’m thinking heated seat, layers, gloves and scarf should suffice! Minus 2 temp predicted when I set off with a high of 2 degrees for the return trip.
Hmmm. Car is already covered in ice here and will drop to -6 overnight. I would leave it be.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Well trip completed. No real drama but toes very cold! Heated seat worked well, and screen didn’t mist up but probably as so bloody cold in car!

Thought I might see an upside on range but nothing noticeable. 155 mile round trip and had 10% left, so a little better than first predicted ( small battery) but I was driving in range which is unusual for me.

Hire car being delivered tomorrow but I’ll keep the Taycan and drop off when they’ve confirmed part has arrived.

Porsche Taycan No Heating -  class problem 6D1AA6DC-E991-4048-B663-CC6BCA3E3E90

Porsche Taycan No Heating -  class problem 4497F969-D430-4FA4-93BF-7A005F3CCBB4

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
My cabin heating stopped working this late morning. I‘ll be visiting the Service Center tomorrow. Need to do a 500 miles trip on Wednesday and I guess Í won‘t enjoy as temperatures had dropped from unusual 15-20 degrees Celsius to minus 5.

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
You can add me to that list. 2022 Taycan CT 4S with 17k miles. Was bringing it in to try to fix the brake issue (again, 5th visit) and the heater stopped working on the way in. They said it can be over a month to get the part.
Is this mmc servicing the car? I'm waiting for mine to conk out and having to go through it with them.
Sponsored