Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
In my 2022 Taycan ST there is no telephone holder in de middle console, like there is in this picture from YouTube. Has this part been canceled in the 2022 models? I read on the forum that the phone is overheated when putting it there, but now I can’t even try that and have to use a wire to load it.

Porsche Taycan No telephone holder 23940BE5-BDB1-4EAD-A358-F8F210E65BCA
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
It is my understanding that (some) cars have been delivered without the wireless charger due to an ongoing parts supply issue. Once available, the charger should be retro-fitted to your car.

Your dealer should have pointed this out and explained what will happen during the handover of the car. I would speak to them and ensure they are actively seeking to retro-fit the part.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
It is my understanding that (some) cars have been delivered without the wireless charger due to an ongoing parts supply issue. Once available, the charger should be retro-fitted to your car.

Your dealer should have pointed this out and explained what will happen during the handover of the car. I would speak to them and ensure they are actively seeking to retro-fit the part.
my wireless charger overheats the phone..have not used it in a long time! (not worth worrying about unless, somehow, they fix that issue)

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine was a Dec 2021 build and has it. Hope that helps

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The wireless charger is a poor design as you have to wiggle it around and then you can’t even see the phone screen (i know that’s what CarPlay would do but sometimes it’s nice to be able to see the screen!)

I rarely use It.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mine is a MY22 and has the wireless charger and holder. I didn't have any issue when I was using the wireless charger but prefer wired so I turned the charger off. My phone lives in center console when I'm driving and I just use CarPlay.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I used the wireless charger a couple of times. It was slow and made my phone hot so I switched back to using a wire which is much faster and keeps my phone much cooler.

OP
OP
Bennie

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you all for your reactions! The strange thing is that the wireless charger works when I hold the IPhone against it. There is no clip to put it in. I could use a sponge 🧽 in the console to keep it in place, after all it’s just a 120 K car 😋

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
My car was delivered back in early January with this feature missing and listed as an “open campaign”. I was notified earlier this month that the part was in and subsequently had my dealer retrofit it.

Agreed, my IPhone 13 Pro sits nicely in the clip but often doesn’t line up with the charging location so I have to move it around in order to make contact.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
April 2022 delivery…mine has the charger, I basically forget my phone every time I use it, so I don’t….maybe on a road trip, but I’d likely hardwire it so I could see the phone. They should‘ve put a charge pad in that unusable space behind the center screen. JMHO

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Mine is a MY22 and has the wireless charger and holder. I didn't have any issue when I was using the wireless charger but prefer wired so I turned the charger off. My phone lives in center console when I'm driving and I just use CarPlay.
How do you turn the charger off?

OP
OP
Bennie

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was delivered back in early January with this feature missing and listed as an “open campaign”. I was notified earlier this month that the part was in and subsequently had my dealer retrofit it.

Agreed, my IPhone 13 Pro sits nicely in the clip but often doesn’t line up with the charging location so I have to move it around in order to make contact.
Thanks Vincent, I’ll notify my dealer for a retrofit of at least the clip.
Sponsored