sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
Has anyone done this in the UK in an EV/Taycan and if you have, do you have any advice in terms of locations to stay, places to charge etc?
Sponsored

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I haven't done it in an EV, but I have done it in an ICE about four years ago. The only thing I will say is the roads at the very top are very narrow and single track, albeit with plenty of passing places.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
We did it a few years ago in a tesla Model S. a grewt road. Definitely recommended — but not in the summer midge season! go anticlockwise so the view gets better as you go along. The Bealach an Ba Pass is great fun in an ev providing the road is quiet.

You will want a chargePlace Scotland RFID card.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have done it twice with my I-Pace.
open an account with charge place Scotland. You’ll get a card to access public chargers. They will
Then charge your bank account at the end of the following month.Without it it’s impossible to charge! Mostly you’ll find slow chargers, few 50kw. Get a place where you can charge overnight. I have only used one public charger. Enjoy it. Quite busy and overwhelming during summer…

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
We did it last year (admittedly in an ICE Aston) but one of our companions did it in a BMW i4. Not a lot up there by way of speed for chargers but they managed by leaving it in various town centres for a few hours each day. Pretty sure they got a ChargePlace Scotland card for the trip too. Long and the short of it was that they made it round and weren’t absent from each evening’s festivities.

Can second the warning re narrowness. Camber also and blind crests into sharp corners. There’s a loop around one of the headlands that’s particularly tight. We might have lost the protective lip on the chin spoiler on the Vanquish….oops.

Applecross well worth a detour, especially if the weather is good as it’s a fabulous little alpine-style climb with heartbreakingly pretty views at the top - would imagine you’ll get some punchy regen on the way back down too.

Lots of fun. Torridon is a lovely place as mentioned above.

PS Watch out for the constabulary. We may all have had a good old laugh as we filed out of one of the many villages at 30mph and past our companion in his 720S getting a right telling off….
Sponsored