Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I have smart charging enabled via OI app, and optimised setting on the pcm profile ticked.

For pre heat I just do this via the app 10/15 mins before I leave in the morning. I’ve never dabbled with the PCM pre heat as I don’t have a fixed schedule on when I leave (the kids create my schedule each morning..) so the app is easier for my routine.

Albeit the pre heat via app did not work this morning… could not connect for some reason, but not related in anyway as it’s been faultless apart from Porsche server going down occasionally.
Sponsored

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I had my first blip with Octopus over night where the car was already charged to 80% but it went on to charge to 100%. Checked the Enode settings in the Porsche app and it was on 'Preferred Charging Period' so I've changed that to 'Opimised Charging', is that correct?

Jwa1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I drive my Taycan 4S three times a week, so it is left plugged in to the charger without being touched for multiple nights in a row.

Octopus Intelligent Go always works the first night, but on the second night it will always then go to 100%.

I’ve found the only way to stop this is to manually update the max % in the Porsche app to 100% (or drive/unplug the car so a new charge plan is created!).

I assume this is a problem for everyone else still. Any tips to permanently fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Fortunate I just read this.

Only recently moved to OI and left my car plugged in for 2 nights (set to 85%) and found it at 99%.

I wondered what the issue was.
I shall unplug it after night 1 going forward.
👍

DSB

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Defender 2013
Country flag
After working well for me charging on Octopus Intelligent it failed last night, charged to 100% even though the app was at 80%. I don't need 100% (or rarely), noticed the departure timer and the enode had changed? I don't touch these settings, so will now turn them off when plugging in.

csm7djs

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I gave up with the Octopus Intelligent smart charging and just have my charger set to charge between 11:30-5:30 every night and get the benefit of the 7p electricity. I then use the Profile in the car to charge up to 85%. If the car is really low on charge, it doesn't hit the 85% but usually will have over 70% charge which is plenty for any journey I need it to do. I then plug in the next night to reach the 85%.

The biggest problem with the Intelligent charge is that we have two electric cars so both need to charge and I don't think that works. So leaving it off for now.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I gave up with the Octopus Intelligent smart charging and just have my charger set to charge between 11:30-5:30 every night and get the benefit of the 7p electricity. I then use the Profile in the car to charge up to 85%. If the car is really low on charge, it doesn't hit the 85% but usually will have over 70% charge which is plenty for any journey I need it to do. I then plug in the next night to reach the 85%.

The biggest problem with the Intelligent charge is that we have two electric cars so both need to charge and I don't think that works. So leaving it off for now.
We've got 2 electric cars (well Taycan and a BMW PHEV).

The Taycan is linked to IO, but the charger just works as a dumb charger on the BMW (11.30—05.30) and it works fine.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
After working well for me charging on Octopus Intelligent it failed last night, charged to 100% even though the app was at 80%. I don't need 100% (or rarely), noticed the departure timer and the enode had changed? I don't touch these settings, so will now turn them off when plugging in.
Strange it happened to a few of us last week.
Makes me think there may have been some kind of issue.

csm7djs

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
We've got 2 electric cars (well Taycan and a BMW PHEV).

The Taycan is linked to IO, but the charger just works as a dumb charger on the BMW (11.30—05.30) and it works fine.
When you say it just works, do you have turn off the smart charging for the 2nd car? I need the process to be as simple as possible for when the wife charges her car as I'm often away and she needs to just plug in and charge.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
When you say it just works, do you have turn off the smart charging for the 2nd car? I need the process to be as simple as possible for when the wife charges her car as I'm often away and she needs to just plug in and charge.
The Taycan is the linked car to IO and it automatically maps the charge whenever it's plugged in, as per the settings in the Octopus app.

The BMW has no link to IO at all and we just use the cars own standard timers when it's plugged in (11.30—05.30) to charge at cheap rate.

No need to adjust anything on the Taycan

The BMW is in effect just using the cheap rate, the same as if you put the washing machine on overnight - with no changes needed for the Taycan / Octopus app.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
So, last night I got the red charging error and it didn’t charge over night. Do I have the same issue and how is it resolved? The pod point was on manual timer ( eg no timer)so it shouldn’t be interfering with OI? Tried plugging in again on a different charging port this morning and again got charging error ( on app says charging error and pod point goes red on display light).

just plugged into a free b&m pod point for a few hours and car charged fine.

Any ideas? Remove iO from app? Delete app? Would this def be an octopus issue?

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag
When I first switched to OI almost 1yr ago I found the intelligent part to be unreliable and Octopus were unable to help.
Since then I have set my own profile and timer and just charge in the reduced 2330-0530 period. That has worked 100%
. I recall there is an ‘intelligent switch‘ in the app which I assume will charge outside the standard cheap overnight period when capacity is available I didn’t test it but as a first step you switch that off. Next step would be to delete the car from the app, and set your own profile and timer. Probably best to also delete the odd timers and ENODE profiles that Octopus maintains. Taking control removes dependencies on charger functions, Octopus connectivity and Porsche APIs, all of which could fail at some point, affecting journeys and costs.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
When I first switched to OI almost 1yr ago I found the intelligent part to be unreliable and Octopus were unable to help.
Since then I have set my own profile and timer and just charge in the reduced 2330-0530 period. That has worked 100%
. I recall there is an ‘intelligent switch‘ in the app which I assume will charge outside the standard cheap overnight period when capacity is available I didn’t test it but as a first step you switch that off. Next step would be to delete the car from the app, and set your own profile and timer. Probably best to also delete the odd timers and ENODE profiles that Octopus maintains. Taking control removes dependencies on charger functions, Octopus connectivity and Porsche APIs, all of which could fail at some point, affecting journeys and costs.
I might resort to this..... I didn't realise you could do it.

In effect it's the same as Octopus Go, but longer hours then?

Reactions: D00

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag

That is exactly right and what we do. Taycan and RR PHEV. EVSEs set to supply power between 11.30 and 5.30. Just use it as cheap power with no “smart” input. Works great. I control the Taycan charge with the profile. And a run the washing machine/dishwasher etc and charge house battery in the winter

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag

And a cheaper rate than Go. My recollection is you need to complete the OI set up test to be eligible for that rate, thereafter you can switch it off, or for complete control, delete the OI device (your car).
Sponsored