marsh3377

First Name
Marsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Apologies for asking another charging question because I know loads have been asked before, but I've just moved to the Octopus Intelligent tariff yesterday and what I think should be happening isn't.

So, I plugged my car in earlier (using the Porsche mobile charger) and within a few minutes I got a message from the Octopus app saying that it had mapped my Smart Charging Schedule and showed some times. However, it didn't add any profiles to the Porsche app. The car is charging (within one of the OI scheduled periods) but I presume that is because I don't have any active profiles set.

Can someone please just give me some advice as to whether I should definitely be seeing those automatically created profiles from Octopus in the Porsche app? And that the reason it is charging at the moment is because there are no Profiles set at all, rather than something fancy that Octopus is doing behind the scenes?

Many thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Apologies for asking another charging question because I know loads have been asked before, but I've just moved to the Octopus Intelligent tariff yesterday and what I think should be happening isn't.

So, I plugged my car in earlier (using the Porsche mobile charger) and within a few minutes I got a message from the Octopus app saying that it had mapped my Smart Charging Schedule and showed some times. However, it didn't add any profiles to the Porsche app. The car is charging (within one of the OI scheduled periods) but I presume that is because I don't have any active profiles set.

Can someone please just give me some advice as to whether I should definitely be seeing those automatically created profiles from Octopus in the Porsche app? And that the reason it is charging at the moment is because there are no Profiles set at all, rather than something fancy that Octopus is doing behind the scenes?

Many thanks.
I don't use Octopus but OVO Charge Anytime.

You don't set profiles or timers when using these 3rd party providers as they will dip in and out of your car's PCM as needed during which time you might see a profile being used and then it could disappear both on the PCM and if you catch in the app.

OVO creates a transient profile called encode.

Control for the charging will be via Octopus and not My Porsche.

All of this only relates to the address where you have your octopus (or OVO) service. Profiles and timers can be used for AC charging elsewhere and a timer can be set anywhere if you want to incorporate heating or cooling.

Dave Birch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s cross turismo
Country flag
With octopus the joy is that if you say you want 80% charge by 05:30 in their app and plug in at 17:30 on 20% (as an example) it will schedule some charge times. Often it starts charging when I plug in at 17:30 but the joy is it uses the same overnight cheap rate between then and 23:30 when cheap rate for real comes in. Every day / every hour / all time is itemised in their bill so you can see the cheap rate times.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Many thanks.
This is the “Enode” profile that was created for me in the Porsche app when I connected my car to the Octopus app.
Intelligent charging worked great for 3 days, then I lost my LTE connection resulting in much frustration. so I went back to Podpoint charging schedules which are 99.867% (approximately) accurate.

Porsche Taycan Octopus Intelligent - No Profiles added IMG_1331

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Octopus seems to work well, my only gripe is it screws-up the pre-heat of the car. So I have to manually warm each morning. Any suggestions to rectify?

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag

Many thanks.
With Octopus Intelligent, you will not see it in the porsche app. You will however see it in the Octopus App, on the bottom of the app, when your car is plugged in you will see a new icon called 'devices', this will show your charging schedule and the amount charged.

OP
OP

marsh3377

First Name
Marsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ended up removing the Smart Charging option and effectively started the process of registering the car and charger again. This seems to have resolved the issue and it's now working correctly thankfully.

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
Octopus seems to work well, my only gripe is it screws-up the pre-heat of the car. So I have to manually warm each morning. Any suggestions to rectify?
I haven't found the fix, and ive tried. As you say, the price for Intelligent Octopus's cheap charging is that you lose the luxury of getting into a warm/thawed car each morning. Octopus disable any timed entries that already exisit.

Really annoying.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
Same here no fix found so all I do is select pre-heat when I get up so the car is nice and warm when I get in.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Report it to Octopus as a feature request.

I have. The more who do, the more likely it will be to happen (though I hold out little hope - replicating such features from across dozens of makes/models would likely be a ball ache).

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sorry - I am just trying to join IO and having a few issues.

The Enode profile appeared but the Octopus app says they are failing to control the vehicle on the test charge.
We do have poor Vodafone connection here.

But the Enode states 75% target charge.
I have turned off all timers and profiles, but I want it to charge to 85% (if it does start working).

What do I need to do to achieve this?

Any help appreciated.

Update:
Is it all controlled in the Octopus app under devices?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry - I am just trying to join IO and having a few issues.

The Enode profile appeared but the Octopus app says they are failing to control the vehicle on the test charge.
We do have poor Vodafone connection here.

But the Enode states 75% target charge.
I have turned off all timers and profiles, but I want it to charge to 85% (if it does start working).

What do I need to do to achieve this?

Any help appreciated.

Update:
Is it all controlled in the Octopus app under devices?
Disable all Porsche profiles and timers and use the Octopus app only would be my guess.

DSB

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Defender 2013
Country flag
First Post! I've got the Octopus Intelligent charge, and the enode setting (not created by me) changes each day. First couple of charges went well, I'm topping up to 80% as most journeys for me are less than 50 miles, but Saturday evening it only charged to 65%. The charge schedule was plenty long enough, and I noticed the enode setting was at 65%.

I've written to Octopus to ask for explanation as I have switched off everything that is car controlled.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
First Post! I've got the Octopus Intelligent charge, and the enode setting (not created by me) changes each day. First couple of charges went well, I'm topping up to 80% as most journeys for me are less than 50 miles, but Saturday evening it only charged to 65%. The charge schedule was plenty long enough, and I noticed the enode setting was at 65%.

I've written to Octopus to ask for explanation as I have switched off everything that is car controlled.
It could be there wasn't enough off-peak time to make your 85% - a guess?
Sponsored