Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
So what can I say. After nearly one week with my 4S CT it’s simply an awesome piece of engineering. If you are thinking about getting one do not hesitate as I have nothing but praise for the car. The only minor change I would recommend to others is to go for the uprated brakes - whilst there is nothing wrong with the standard ones this is a big heavy car and would benefit from more stopping power. Other issue is charging on the go as the UK charging infrastructure is very very poor and only after one week I have noticed how many charging stations are out of service - needs a lot of work if we are all to go electric. All in all a fabulous piece of automotive brilliance.
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT 5768428E-3E7D-4434-ACEE-8BCE1E2A7F08
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT 2B74C060-CB0B-4E05-A516-05463296D96A
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT B540BC18-DCA3-4F91-B558-392469BB017F
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT C880A88A-C503-4AF7-BF64-0D7892699419
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT D3F6F53B-BF02-46DC-9E77-FBCB399B41E9
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT F7896F5F-FAC2-4108-95D9-3F6E503452A2
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT 607DC5C6-5177-4381-BAB4-E02F06E829A8
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT D34CD17D-9627-4E01-BE71-2910F1C94429

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If you take a close look, You can see “OLEA” written on the side of the rear seat.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
The bigger brakes look amazing but do they actually stop any better? If the ABS comes on you are at the limit of the ability of the tyres, so bigger brakes won’t help you. All Porsches are supposed to go from 60 to 0 in half the time it takes to go from 0 - 60. I don’t think the Taycan is any different so I think the standard brakes should be pretty good.

OP
OP

Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Is that the atacama beige olea leather interior?
I had just decided with 260 Kw of regenerative braking I would be OK to spec the standard brakes :(
Meranti brown
The bigger brakes look amazing but do they actually stop any better? If the ABS comes on you are at the limit of the ability of the tyres, so bigger brakes won’t help you. All Porsches are supposed to go from 60 to 0 in half the time it takes to go from 0 - 60. I don’t think the Taycan is any different so I think the standard brakes should be pretty good.
[/QUOT​
With previous experience of both 911’s and a Cayenne I can safely say without any doubt they make a very big difference and for the better.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
looks fabulous and I agree it's a great piece of kit :like:...... although the sheer mass/bulk does take some stopping.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
All Porsches are supposed to go from 60 to 0 in half the time it takes to go from 0 - 60. I don’t think the Taycan is any different so I think the standard brakes should be pretty good.
The old school rules like the above don't apply to performance EV's anymore. For example Taycan Turbo S will do 0-60 in 2.4s, but I seriously doubt it can do 60-0 in 1.2s using just tires (so no parachutes, rockets/thrusters, arresting cables, sand pits, brick walls to hit, etc.).

60-0 is your physical limit of how fast you can accelerate 0-60 assuming all tire friction based acceleration and deceleration. There is an explanation of the physics behind it in this video (which talks about whether the future Tesla Roadster spec claimed by Elon are in fact achievable, but physics is the same for Porsche as it is for Tesla).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Meranti brown
There must be some sort of error in the configurator picture (or Safari browser) then since that comes up as greyish. All the others seem OK.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Stopping time is the same, and the normal brakes do not fade before your battery is empty. The PCCB does generate less brake dust, so less cleaning the wheels, otherwise no added benefit on an EV (except the look obviously).

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Stopping time is the same, and the normal brakes do not fade before your battery is empty. The PCCB does generate less brake dust, so less cleaning the wheels, otherwise no added benefit on an EV (except the look obviously).
Not to derail this thread, but I dunno if I’m buying the idea that the standard brakes won’t experience any fade under any circumstances before the battery is drained. What is the basis for this claim?

Also, what happens if you have better tires than stock or a sticker than normal road surface? It seems like some pretty broad claims being made and I’d love to see some real world testing to back them up.

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
So what can I say. After nearly one week with my 4S CT it’s simply an awesome piece of engineering. If you are thinking about getting one do not hesitate as I have nothing but praise for the car. The only minor change I would recommend to others is to go for the uprated brakes - whilst there is nothing wrong with the standard ones this is a big heavy car and would benefit from more stopping power. Other issue is charging on the go as the UK charging infrastructure is very very poor and only after one week I have noticed how many charging stations are out of service - needs a lot of work if we are all to go electric. All in all a fabulous piece of automotive brilliance.
5768428E-3E7D-4434-ACEE-8BCE1E2A7F08.jpeg
2B74C060-CB0B-4E05-A516-05463296D96A.jpeg
B540BC18-DCA3-4F91-B558-392469BB017F.jpeg
C880A88A-C503-4AF7-BF64-0D7892699419.jpeg
D3F6F53B-BF02-46DC-9E77-FBCB399B41E9.jpeg
F7896F5F-FAC2-4108-95D9-3F6E503452A2.jpeg
607DC5C6-5177-4381-BAB4-E02F06E829A8.jpeg
D34CD17D-9627-4E01-BE71-2910F1C94429.jpeg
Awesome car looks fantastic I'm loving mine 6 weeks in for me although only had for 2 as a few initial issues had to be sorted - all done now I hope and for me this is has got to be one of the best (EV) in the world it ticks so many boxes
Porsche Taycan One week with my 4S CT 1632081542898

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The only minor change I would recommend to others is to go for the uprated brakes - whilst there is nothing wrong with the standard ones this is a big heavy car and would benefit from more stopping power.
Is your Taycan still in the first few hundred kilometers of service where recuperation/regenerative braking is disabled? Outside of track driving and emergencies, the friction brakes are rarely used as regenerative braking in the Taycan is very strong. From the Good to Know manual:
Bedding in and cleaning the brakes
The vehicle has a braking recuperation system that feeds most of the braking energy back into the highvoltage battery. In order to bed in the wheel brake, the recuperation system is deactivated briefly on new vehicles or after changing the brake pads and this reduces the range.

OP
OP

Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Is your Taycan still in the first few hundred kilometers of service where recuperation/regenerative braking is disabled? Outside of track driving and emergencies, the friction brakes are rarely used as regenerative braking in the Taycan is very strong. From the Good to Know manual:
The vehicle has a braking recuperation system that feeds most of the braking energy back into the highvoltage battery. In order to bed in the wheel brake, the recuperation system is deactivated briefly on new vehicles or after changing the brake pads and this reduces the range.
Thanks for the info as I did not know this and the brakes may well improve as they bed in.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Any idea how long "briefly" is? Does the car somehow sense the brake pads are bedded properly?

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My 4S has standard brakes and after more than 12 months have never needed to clean brake dust from the wheels. . . . I’ve never had cleaner wheels on a car.
Sponsored