W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I thought Taycan sales were down because they stopped giving allocations pending the refresh, so of course noone was buying Taycan because noone could buy a Taycan.
It's a bit muddy if I'm honest.

Taycan's remained on sale but the focus was on what was in stock rather than ordering new. Normally, even with a facelift, orders can be placed and if you were already waiting for a delivery which straddled the MYs then you would more than likely get the latest MY.

Porsche UK bought up Q4 2023 stock and then dumped the cars across dealerships leading to heavy discounting and upsetting many folk on this forum who may now be thinking twice about future purchases. Unprecedented behaviour for the brand IMHO.

Impact of this will be profound in my mind and the take-up for MY25 Gen 2 Taycan's will be weakened as a result. Macan EV will be trumpeted as the success and it will all go quiet with the Taycan.

Porsche aren't "stupid" and will have orchestrated this to reduce the volume of Taycans to support production ramp up for the inevitable interest in the Macan EV. SUVs as we know are more profitable. Remember at Taycan launch the same numbers were quoted for advanced orders (40,000) as for the Macan EV.

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
Unfortunately for the younger Taycan owners they will outlive their Taycans.
For me, I took a chance buying a Taycan since I'm 64 and if I get 10-15 years out of the car I'll likely be too old to care or dead so I now start comparing battery warranties to my life expectancy which may just be running neck & neck over the next decade or so. If my Taycan becomes a brick by the time I'm 80 then I can always get buried in it.... Damn nice casket!

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Unfortunately for the younger Taycan owners they will outlive their Taycans.
For me, I took a chance buying a Taycan since I'm 64 and if I get 10-15 years out of the car I'll likely be too old to care or dead so I now start comparing battery warranties to my life expectancy which may just be running neck & neck over the next decade or so. If my Taycan becomes a brick by the time I'm 80 then I can always get buried in it.... Damn nice casket!
Nicely put and I feel the same. I just turned 65. Now planning my next purchase. I’m playing the get as many toys before you die game.

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Same here.....as a 78.5 year old, I expect my 2020 4S will see me well into my 80's, and will sit along side a Cayman E when they are available.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
You guys make me sound optimistic, and I'm from Yorkshire FFS 😁

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
Nicely put and I feel the same. I just turned 65. Now planning my next purchase. I’m playing the get as many toys before you die game.
Yes, vehicle warranties start to compete with life expectancy so you may as well enjoy yourself since you can't take it with you!
Sponsored