Options more expensive than the $460 400V/150 kW charging option…honestly wow…

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
What does it do? My car is still incoming but the few times I’ve driven the Taycan, it was dead quiet to me when sport sound wasn’t on. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention?
It makes weird external EV noises similar to what the sport sound pipes in. I'm coming from a 4S with sport sound to a CT4 without it, and the first thing I noticed was the weird EV noises the car still makes when driving at lower speeds. My 4S was an early build and I don't think it was mandated in the US at the time of build.

This past week I was grabbing a friend for lunch and he said he could hear the car coming down the street before he saw it.
Sponsored

Tavsan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW M5
Country flag
My allocation for GTS ST has not come through yet, so I have time to make changes to the build. But it looks like this option is included as standard equipment for GTS ST. Oh well.

As Jhenson said, the car makes external pedestrian noise as standard. It sounds very similar to the piped in Sport Sound. If you were buying it as a safety feature you sadly wasted your money.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
My allocation for GTS ST has not come through yet, so I have time to make changes to the build. But it looks like this option is included as standard equipment for GTS ST. Oh well.
Yeah it does. Not a huge deal since it's part of the package deal and you might actually like it. Some love it, some never use it again.

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does the flavor of this discussion change, now that Tesla has announced that it will be opening up it’s charging stations to other EVs?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Does the flavor of this discussion change, now that Tesla has announced that it will be opening up it’s charging stations to other EVs?
Yes. Mentioned early in this thread.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This discussion thread started only last week, so the Tesla announcement was already known.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
this article is out of date due to the Supercharger network in both North America and Europe being opened to non Teslas - and they are inaccurate that there are no 400V chargers in North America - I’m sitting at one RIGHT NOW as I write this getting 85 kW @ 400V.
Thanks Daveo. Got scared for a bit there...
So long story, short -> get the 400v/150w adapter so we can start using the Tesla chargers once they open up to non Tesla cars. Correct?
Sponsored