OTA Update - High-Tension Battery WNW2

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
I just got a battery pack software update WNW2 proposed to me.

MY21 Taycan Cross Turismo in Switzerland.

From the release notes, I gather it is some fine-tuning for fast-charging. Particularly when to comes to the end of the charge. Anyone has more details or noticed improvements since updating?
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
And oddly, still no sign of it in the USA! Phased delivery.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@satchurator kindly transcribed the text from several pages of PCM text as follows. I’ve filled in some of the missing text from when I did the update:

A new online software update is available for installation: High-voltage battery update (WNW2)

Comfort and charging functions cannot be used during installation. Some displays, driver assistance systems and occupant protection functions may not be available. The vehicle cannot therefore be started during the process. Start the update, exit the vehicle together with any other occupants and lock the vehicle. For further information, please refer to the Driver’s Manual.

This update makes it possible to maintain the short charging times typical of the Taycan over its lifetime, even with the predominant utilisation of fast charging stations. Likewise, more robustness is achieved when reaching the end of the charge. For highest charging power (max. 270kW) at the fast charging stations, please continue to use the Charging Planner to precondition the high-voltage battery. Observe the following prerequisites for a successful update: Deactivate parking pre-climatisation if necessary, activate the P button next to the selector lever, press the power button (with the driver's door closed) in order to end driving readiness, start installation on the PCM, exit the vehicle, if necessary disconnect the charging plug and close the charge port door, and lock the vehicle in order to start the installation.

The installation takes approximately 7 minutes”