Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Looks like it’s only available for the GTS, not for other trims, ST or CT :(
Give it time! It will be available on other Porsche models so will inevitably also be available on other versions of the Taycan In due course.
Sponsored

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Give it time! It will be available on other Porsche models so will inevitably also be available on other versions of the Taycan In due course.
My Turbo S CT order locks at the end of the month, so hoping sooner rather than later.

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
If you’ve got the Premium Package, the VLC roof is a $3,290 ”upgrade” from the fixed panoramic roof.

Doesn’t hurt as much as $4,760 but still not sure if I’ll be adding it to my GTS build.

Porsche Taycan Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control DAC1B0E6-138F-4FCC-8D62-46A2873C6AEF

Porsche Taycan Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control 9C159218-6785-4443-B71E-8247DF0496EA

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
If you’ve got the Premium Package, the VLC roof is a $3,290 ”upgrade” from the fixed panoramic roof.

Doesn’t hurt as much as $4,760 but still not sure if I’ll be adding it to my GTS build.

DAC1B0E6-138F-4FCC-8D62-46A2873C6AEF.jpeg

9C159218-6785-4443-B71E-8247DF0496EA.jpeg
My GTS order will be locked in 20 days. I was going to order the VLC roof but I am not sure now after Porsche announced $3290 upgrade.

OP
OP

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just inquired about adding this option to my order, and was told it will add 2-3 months delay because the first available build with this option is in April. I am going to skip it and get my car in May.

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My GTS order will be locked in 20 days. I was going to order the VLC roof but I am not sure now after Porsche announced $3290 upgrade.
Looks like it has not showed up on the GTS Sport Turismo configurator, wonder if that's coming later.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Looks like it’s only available for the GTS, not for other trims, ST or CT :(

I’m sure there are significant additional electronics + wiring required. I wouldn’t be surprised if the margins on this are not super huge (compared to something like deviated stitching or coloured seatbelts).
The margins are probably insane. I assume this is the same exact gel-tech that appears on every window on every Boeing 787. I can't imagine that there is anywhere near $5k worth of tech involved. But it is cool as shit and I wish it had been an option for me! https://simpleflying.com/boeing-787-dimmable-windows/

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can't see this on the UK configurator for the Taycan?

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it's only available on the GTS configurator at the moment.
It's under "Lighting and vision", the last option.
Strangely on my version of the UK configurator, the Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass is the last option in that section.

Ah Ok, it is on the Saloon but not the Sport Turismo.

Last edited: