PCM connection to Porsche Server

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All of this looks like a server side/Porsche issue to me. I think the fact that people were seeing 'fixes' with certain things may have been coincidental with regional application or server side fixes being deployed. You have to imagine that Porsche is using CDN and that the app connects to the most convenient regional deployments in a cloud, hence some people seeing fixes sooner than others depending on their location and deployment of upgrades/fixes. Just my .02
Sponsored

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Connection between Taycan and Porsche server finally started working again (by itself) sometime last evening.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
All of this looks like a server side/Porsche issue to me. I think the fact that people were seeing 'fixes' with certain things may have been coincidental with regional application or server side fixes being deployed. ... Just my .02
exactly my .02
If we had sth. like a debug log in our cars, it would be so easy to pin point the culprit.
But IT is not Porsche's competence.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All of this looks like a server side/Porsche issue to me. I think the fact that people were seeing 'fixes' with certain things may have been coincidental with regional application or server side fixes being deployed. You have to imagine that Porsche is using CDN and that the app connects to the most convenient regional deployments in a cloud, hence some people seeing fixes sooner than others depending on their location and deployment of upgrades/fixes. Just my .02
Perhaps but I would have expected more people to have been impacted than the few on this forum.

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Interesting thing is while Taycan owners where having issues, I was having no issues with Connect and my Cayenne Hybrid which I guess would be running on the same servers in Germany

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Still no contact with my car. Tried the two finger PCM reboot. Still nothing. Last profile sync November 11th. Oh well..

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
When I’m in the Porsche Connect App I’m getting live data, which is good news.

On the connection page the mobile device is connected to the Porsche server which is connected to my car but the cars connection with the Wi-Fi signal (and then Wi-Fi signal to mobile device) keeps cutting out for reasons I can’t work out.

Im doing something stupid??

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
On the connection page the mobile device is connected to the Porsche server which is connected to my car but the cars connection with the Wi-Fi signal (and then Wi-Fi signal to mobile device) keeps cutting out for reasons I can’t work out.

Im doing something stupid??
No, you’re good. Those two latter connections never work anyway. You’d probably have to connect the car to the same Wi-Fi that you’re phone is on for that to work. No need for that.

Weston

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
No, you’re good. Those two latter connections never work anyway. You’d probably have to connect the car to the same Wi-Fi that you’re phone is on for that to work. No need for that.
Thank you sir!

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Interesting thing is while Taycan owners where having issues, I was having no issues with Connect and my Cayenne Hybrid which I guess would be running on the same servers in Germany
no they are completely separated and have nearly nothing in common.
Cayenne connect stuff is with a car PIN and operated by vodafone backend (not only mobile/LTE) whilst Taycan and PCM6 (like MY 22 992 etc) are based on the Audi MIB3 and also operated by Audi kind of together with Porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You only need 3 quadrants to be consented. Typically, the bottom right is rarely connected ( connection to car / PCM) as this only comes into play if you enable the WiFi hotspot in the car to either sync your calendar or shared your optional in car data package.

The car cannot connect to an external WiFi source (restricted to Russian spec cars).

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Interestingly, while you guys had issues with Porsche’s server, my connection with my app and the car was flawless….

but since yesterday evening, it has also been down.
A regional issue?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interestingly, while you guys had issues with Porsche’s server, my connection with my app and the car was flawless….

but since yesterday evening, it has also been down.
A regional issue?
I suspect so

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My gut feeling is that sequence of exiting the car may be what we should look into. My car was logged onto Porsche's server just after my last errand, while it's been off overnight.

Wether you have comfort access, you exit and lock the car with the fob or a handle press, the on-off button left of the steering wheel; all those variables will set the car to communicate with the server. If you mess somehow with it, the car gets in some sort of no man's loop and does not connect.....