Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I realize with some objective justification that this forum skews towards various problems some of us have had with our Taycans and those genuine frustrations. Still, I wanted to post this review to reinforce and support our generally positive experiences with our decision in buying this terrific automobile:

From the review, “The Porsche Taycan is value for money if you’re already used to spending Porsche kind of money. And if you consider quite how good this car is, then, pound for pound, it could even be argued this is the best value luxury electric car of them all.”

https://apple.news/A46G6sFYyTjCgaGtemd9Pxw
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
From the review, “The Porsche Taycan is value for money if you’re already used to spending Porsche kind of money. And if you consider quite how good this car is, then, pound for pound, it could even be argued this is the best value luxury electric car of them all.”
As much as I agree with you, once the EQS is out, Porsche has to up it's game a bit. Exciting times!

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
As much as I agree with you, once the EQS is out, Porsche has to up it's game a bit. Exciting times!
Exciting times will be even more exciting when the MB EQE arrives on the scene. The EQS will likely become the preferred ride for eco-conscious plutocrats, but the EQE could put the Taycan and Panamera (as well as the Model S) against the ropes. For one, it will be a bit smaller/lighter than the EQS yet have the same interior room as the current S Class (and for those of us who actually use their back seats, size matters). But most importantly, MB can match Porsche on power/speed and leave Porsche in its dust with respect to energy efficiency/miles per kWh, and ultimately range. The real mystery however relates to how much fun the EQE will be to drive. The fact that MB completely dominates F1 would suggest that MB is more than capable of producing a very satisfactory driving experience if that is the direction they choose. Porsche's worst nightmare: EQE loaded with hyperscreen and all the tech toys/creature comforts (that Porsche uses as a means to financially sodomize its customers), coupled with top notch ride/handling and 400+ mile range (and selling for about $85-90K). We will know more in September if MB unveils the EQE at the Munich auto show as expected. At the very least, I am hopeful that some stiff competition from MB will force Porsche to offer some less hideous wheel choices in the 20 inch variety!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The interior of the EQS looks stellar, for sure. But the exterior? Quite ordinary, IMO.

1627525761374.png
Yes, but that might just make the difference in terms of efficiency, range, noise level inside...

Reactions: B61

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Exciting times will be even more exciting when the MB EQE arrives on the scene.
Yes, but we know little about it, do we? They already test driving prototypes, though. I think an EQE AMG could be a mighty cool car! Want to test drive both...

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Interior of EQS looks fantastic... while exterior is pretty "not a big deal", definitelly not "head turner"....
Every new (car) is better than previous one.... competition brings us new "best today", but one wants to buy car today, otherwise we would all wait for "tomorrow best" edition.

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
I agree that some healthy competition from solid manufactures like MB is good for consumers, I simply cannot get over how ugly the exterior of the EQS is. It's like a Tesla and a Prius had a baby. Assuming they use the same design language in an EGE, it would be a hard pass for me. I think these brands need to consider that just because there are "eco-conscious plutocrats" out there, they still want a beautiful car. Of course I'm biased, but the Taycan is stunning on looks alone.

I realize I may be alone on this, but the interior is a bit too much for me, though the screen looks amazing and I'm certain their version of PCM will be 10x better.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I agree that some healthy competition from solid manufactures like MB is good for consumers, I simply cannot get over how ugly the exterior of the EQS is. It's like a Tesla and a Prius had a baby. Assuming they use the same design language in an EGE, it would be a hard pass for me. I think these brands need to consider that just because there are "eco-conscious plutocrats" out there, they still want a beautiful car. Of course I'm biased, but the Taycan is stunning on looks alone.

I realize I may be alone on this, but the interior is a bit too much for me, though the screen looks amazing and I'm certain their version of PCM will be 10x better.
I concur wholeheartedly with the Tesla/Prius baby analogy. MB is really chickenshit when it comes to pushing the envelope on design. Take the original M Class SUV 20 years ago. The original concepts were completely badass; however, when the thing went into production it looked more like a Chrysler mini-van than an MB. Same with the EQS. When the concept images were released I practically drooled on my keyboard, but now that it is in production, as you noted, we are left with little more than the spawn of Prius. Thankfully, Porsche still knows how to design cars, and there really isn't a bad looking one in the bunch. Personally, I am happy to sacrifice a little range to drive something that looks like a modern sculpture rather than a jelly bean (but I must admit that the interior of that EQS jelly bean still looks like a very sweet place for the commute!)

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am waiting to drive the EQS and see how the range plays out. If it rides nice and the range is real good, may be next car to consider.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I simply cannot get over how ugly the exterior of the EQS is. It's like a Tesla and a Prius had a baby.
This is what sealed the deal on the Taycan for me. Prior to my current Taycan, I had an MB S560. I was eagerly awaiting the EQS and thought that would be the direction I'd go. Then I saw the thing. Maybe in person it will look better, but no way will it be the head-turner the Taycan is. I stare at my car every day when I walk to it in a parking lot or get out of it in the garage. It's beautiful and to me at least, that's important.

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
I was considering new model MB EQS, but after multiple bad experiences with Taycan in one year (I never had a single problem with gas Porsches), I’m over electric cars period. This is my 13th Porsche. I loved the brand for years but think they jumped the gun releasing Taycan — too many bugs. My car has been in service 3x in one year, 2 of those times for over 2 weeks. The fun in driving the Taycan is lost in the unreliability (for me). I’ll just have to drive my 911 Turbo when I want to have fun from now on.
Sponsored