jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
to be honest... for battery degradation alone I would pick the bigger battery..

my model S has some serious degradation but I don't really mind.. but it's only gonna get worse.

@jasperp : I suppose you went for a base-build ? no leather interior ? but nice to hear it drives like it should !

To be honest, probably I could make due with the smaller battery and without the air and with out the exterior colour and the sport-chrono but then again.. there's also a model 3 ;)
I had already prior experience with an EV (Tesla model X). So I had already a good idea of what was an acceptable minimum range for me. For me 300 km real high way range is enough. The Taycan battery does about ±350km depending on the driving style. So at least 10 to 15% room for degradation.
I have the impression that people that do not have experience with EV's overestimate the range they really need.

Yes, I have a base build. No leather interior. But note that the seats itself are leather by default. I took the beige interior. Very bright and light in combination with the glass roof. It looks good to me. No need to have cow skin everywhere.

I do agree that uber-performance options do not make sense on a taycan RWD.
Personally, I am happy that I took the glass roof (living in a dark and cold climate), the 20 inch wheels (the 19 inch are really not nice) a bright exterior color (enough grey cars on the road) and the adaptive cruise control (I am doing a lot of highway driving.). But I understand other do not need it.

In my (unpopular) opinion Porsche buyers really overthink and overestimate the impact of these options.....
It is a Taycan, with or without the air suspension or a little clock on the dash. It is still 99% the same car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
I had already prior experience with an EV (Tesla model X). So I had already a good idea of what was an acceptable minimum range for me. For me 300 km real high way range is enough. The Taycan battery does about ±350km depending on the driving style. So at least 10 to 15% room for degradation.
I have the impression that people that do not have experience with EV's overestimate the range they really need.

Yes, I have a base build. No leather interior. But note that the seats itself are leather by default. I took the beige interior. Very bright and light in combination with the glass roof. It looks good to me. No need to have cow skin everywhere.

I do agree that uber-performance options do not make sense on a taycan RWD.
Personally, I am happy that I took the glass roof (living in a dark and cold climate), the 20 inch wheels (the 19 inch are really not nice) a bright exterior color (enough grey cars on the road) and the adaptive cruise control (I am doing a lot of highway driving.). But I understand other do not need it.

In my (unpopular) opinion Porsche buyers really overthink and overestimate the impact of these options.....
It is a Taycan, with or without the air suspension or a little clock on the dash. It is still 99% the same car.
a down to earth honest opinion ?

let me add : the range varies heavily between summer and winter..

But I suppose you prefer the steel spring Taycan over the tesla air suspension ?
Best of luck

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
a down to earth honest opinion ?

let me add : the range varies heavily between summer and winter..

But I suppose you prefer the steel spring Taycan over the tesla air suspension ?
Best of luck
Yes, given the current situation in Ukraine, you can more easily put these first-world luxury problems in perspective.

About the air suspension: I did not drive a Taycan with and without air suspension. But I had air suspension in previous cars, and not counting the first week where you test all the gadgets, I never changed the height of the car. So to me, personally, it is a completely useless feature, because I never take the initiative to change those settings.

If you do like play with the height of the car to optimize the sporty look or the range, this is a very useful option. But not for me.
Sponsored