PetroCanada DC charging

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2018 Macan S
Country flag
Had my first charging experience at a PC fast charging station (CCS, 350kW max) in Langley. Went from 19% to 87% in just under 40 minutes. Charging power: between 75kW and 98kW max. Not bad, but still, rather disappointing! I thought it should have taken half that time!!! Did I do anything wrong?

Advertisement

NormF

First Name
Norm
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Bullitt Mustang, 56 Chevy Custom
Country flag
i experienced 120 at that one a few months ago. I have experienced as much as 135 at the Petro Can in NVan. I experienced only 75-100 at the Electrify Canada 350 in Squamish. All disappointing. I think the grid feeds to them only allow these lower charge rates.

JimBob

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The charging will be fastest when the SOC is low and the battery is hot. In a properly functioning charger you need both.

kort

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
there is a thread by a guy who traveled around the US, maine to CA back to FL up to ME via the trans can highway and he reported that he could not get anything over 130 kw or so charging in canada. I do not know if it is a hardware issue or a power issue

OP
TT459S

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2018 Macan S
Country flag
Had my first charging experience at a PC fast charging station (CCS, 350kW max) in Langley. Went from 19% to 87% in just under 40 minutes. Charging power: between 75kW and 98kW max. Not bad, but still, rather disappointing! I thought it should have taken half that time!!! Did I do anything wrong?
Had another go there yesterday. It started with 117kW and then went back to 47kW. Also station 2 cut out after a few minutes a few times. Station 1 was better - but also only 47kW.. Where can we complain? I cant imagine it’s due to the car... Quite weird also that the Connect App doesnt know Petro Canada or any other fast charging stations but EC. Suggestions?

NormF

First Name
Norm
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Bullitt Mustang, 56 Chevy Custom
Country flag
Suggest you call the manager of that station about the problems. The Connect app is useless - I use the individual company apps or Plugshare

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement