LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
P-Zero’s only 15k? These are my rears at 22k and the fronts changed at 20k. I get 210 - 220 miles for 100% battery so I don’t hang about

Porsche Taycan Pirelli P zero tires - your experience? 3A4DA7B6-784C-4FCD-ADD8-64A6856803DD

OP
OP

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
pretty good .my rears were also better but i decide to change them all and bought the Michelin pilot sport 4 which is an ev qualified tire

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Curious if anyone has gone through a set of PZ4's followed by a set of PS4's on their Taycan preferably with 21" tires and seen any 1) noticeable road noise difference and 2) quantifiable performance differences i.e. actual recorded miles before thread wear indicator.

Have been a long time fan of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires and had them on my last 3 cars but the current Pirelli's have done really well in respect 1) above and so far not terrible wear TBH in regards 2) .

Not needed straight away but not too far in the future I'll be putting an order in and likely stick to my PS4's but I guess the obvious difference from a marketing perspective is that the Pirelli's are specifically ELECT i.e. designed for optimal rolling resistance for electric vehicle range performance - would be curious if anyone has a quantifiable (no guessing please :)!) link or data on the impact on range.

Cheers, C.

US prices are basically a wash but local taxes etc might be significant depending on area.

Examples from TireRack

Porsche Taycan Pirelli P zero tires - your experience? Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.15.14 PM

Porsche Taycan Pirelli P zero tires - your experience? Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.16.39 PM

Comparison with Discount Tire:

Porsche Taycan Pirelli P zero tires - your experience? Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.16.39 PM

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Note that the PS4S are not NF0-rated. There are unsubstantiated rumors on the forums here that usage of non-NF0-rated tires may potentially cause headaches if you were to have a warranty issue with anything ostensibly wheel/powertrain related. Just a word of caution.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Curious if anyone has gone through a set of PZ4's followed by a set of PS4's on their Taycan preferably with 21" tires and seen any 1) noticeable road noise difference and 2) quantifiable performance differences i.e. actual recorded miles before thread wear indicator.

Have been a long time fan of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires and had them on my last 3 cars but the current Pirelli's have done really well in respect 1) above and so far not terrible wear TBH in regards 2) .

Not needed straight away but not too far in the future I'll be putting an order in and likely stick to my PS4's but I guess the obvious difference from a marketing perspective is that the Pirelli's are specifically ELECT i.e. designed for optimal rolling resistance for electric vehicle range performance - would be curious if anyone has a quantifiable (no guessing please :)!) link or data on the impact on range.

Cheers, C.

US prices are basically a wash but local taxes etc might be significant depending on area.

Examples from TireRack

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.15.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.16.39 PM.png

I'm running exactly those Michelin tires and love them. So far I've put 10K on them and they are doing ok - I haven't measured the depth but it's not at the wear bar nor is it showing cords like the contis did at this stage.

Don't let N-rating worry you, it's a marketing thing. These tires are XL rated and the correct size which is what you want.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tires that are specifically designed for a given vehicle have different construction. Not just compound, but things like carcass stiffness that are designed to deal with a certain weight and work in tandem with a specific suspension tuning. Tire designation is anything but a marketing gimmick.

As regards the age old debate, I’ve had each of these on my sports cars and could barely tell the difference. I thought the Pirellis felt a little grippier and a little stiffer in cornering, but it could have been a placebo effect.

As regards people getting awful mileage out of PZeros, it’s gotta be a heat issue, either a hot climate or lower pressures, or both. Running low pressures on a summer tire on a heavy car will destroy a tire quickly.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I'm running exactly those Michelin tires and love them. So far I've put 10K on them and they are doing ok - I haven't measured the depth but it's not at the wear bar nor is it showing cords like the contis did at this stage.

Don't let N-rating worry you, it's a marketing thing. These tires are XL rated and the correct size which is what you want.
Yeah indeed the XL a load rating is 100% AOK for the Taycan but the ELECT moniker supposedly again optimizes thread design, tire compounds etc for range efficiency - but TBH, I am a little more than skeptical as to how much effect this really has hence the query re a comparison of the Pirellis vs the PS4s.

I can't really see myself not going back to PS4S's but still curious if the range efficiency improvements have any real merit.

That and ye have to have a 4S tire on a 4S :)

OP
OP

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag

Cheers, C.

Examples from TireRack

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.15.14 PM.png

i just changed from 20 inch pzeros to the pilot sport 4s and like them a lot.However to soon to tell if it had any impact on range.With the pzeros my range after a 100% charge was 252 miles on my 4S