First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It's gotta be low due to the PCM.

I have high hopes for the recall update.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
When it says my MINI SE is more reliable than my Toyota Prius, it tells you something about the reliable BMW quality. I hope that when i get my Taycan Cross Turismo Porsche will climb above BMW.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dunno. It kind of lines up with my experience to be honest. There's been quite a few recalls for one reason or another. The software is complete garbage. My Taycan had a few fit and finish issues at delivery that I had to get sorted out.

Not sure if Kia/Genesis/Dodge etc. had recalls or not -don't own any of those cars. But just anecdotally, if I had to pin current "quality" on a list somewhere, I definitely would not put Porsche at the top.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What actually counts as a 'problem' though? If they don't somehow normalize what a Porsche owner would complain about vs a Chevy owner, there's going to be a huge disparity because a Porsche owner is far more likely to report a basic rattle than a Chevy owner.

Without having access to the raw data, I can't help but question the article

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What actually counts as a 'problem' though? If they don't somehow normalize what a Porsche owner would complain about vs a Chevy owner, there's going to be a huge disparity because a Porsche owner is far more likely to report a basic rattle than a Chevy owner.

Without having access to the raw data, I can't help but question the article
In addition to the fact that the different brands will have very different demographics (and hence possibly different quality expectations by the drivers), there's also the fact that the more premium brands will be, on average, more feature rich. A feature that doesn't exist can't possibly have a bug, and so the "issue per car" should really be normalized by size of feature set, but it isn't.

SolitaryMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not yet!
Country flag
Buyers’ different expectations are acceptable given the commensurate prices paid. If you’re spending six to ten times the cost of a Chevy of course you will demand better quality control.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Buyers’ different expectations are acceptable given the commensurate prices paid. If you’re spending six to ten times the cost of a Chevy of course you will demand better quality control.
That's a good point. But now you are measuring "ability to satisfy expectations" and not actual quality.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What actually counts as a 'problem' though?
from the article

The most common complaint? Trouble connecting to Apple Carplay or Android Auto.
I have had trouble connecting to Apple - mainly delays. I guess I have one of these problem Porsches. Time to trade it in for a Buick.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why would you assume that? What evidence in the market says that the price difference is due to better quality, rather than performance and/or style?

Once you get above a rather moderate price point, quality is pretty similar across the price range. In fact, I'd bet over time its slightly inversely related, as it's probably a lot easier to maintain quality when you're kicking out tens of thousands of simple, lower tech cars than it is when you're producing smaller volumes of higher performance, higher tech cars.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Does JD Power normalize the responses in any way or do they just aggregate every survey received? I have to imagine there will be skews based on ages of people reporting, HHI, previous vehicles owned/loyalty to a brand, frequency of purchasing vehicles, etc.

I can’t recall completing a JD Power survey except for the first new car I bought when I was 22yo. It looks time consuming and I don’t see a benefit filling it out after only a month or two of ownership.

And don’t get me started on average vs median…
Sponsored

Last edited: