Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I've had my CT4S for a couple of weeks now (review to come) and I'm in love. However, how long did it take for peoples Porsche charging card to arrive as mine hasn't shown up yet. I'll soon be off on some longer drives so I'd need the card for the discounted rates.

I don't remember actually ordering one but I was told by the SA that is it part of setting up the car on the account in the My Porsche app.
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Mine just arrived today and car was handed over to me in week before Christmas. Should be imminent I’d say 🤞

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Its ordered as part of ordering Porsche Charging Service in the Connect Store. Its all part of the one order.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have never used the card as the app works just aswell..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've had my CT4S for a couple of weeks now (review to come) and I'm in love. However, how long did it take for peoples Porsche charging card to arrive as mine hasn't shown up yet. I'll soon be off on some longer drives so I'd need the card for the discounted rates.

I don't remember actually ordering one but I was told by the SA that is it part of setting up the car on the account in the My Porsche app.
Porsche Connect Store - Porsche Charging Service.

Rarely use the card and don't use it for Porsche dealerships as it costs twice as much as Ionity(!) On the basis that there is a charge for time as well power.

Hopefully you get some value from it but be prepared to be underwhelmed.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag

They are delayed due to semi conductors shortages, mine took 2 months a year ago. As said above, just use the app. Works perfectly. BTW if you apply for an Octopus Electric Juice card (which you should anyway) it works with Porsche superchargers. Might even come quicker!

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag

Strange indeed, had taken delivery of the Car on Dec 20th and card was there on Friday 23rd December, I am a bit closer of Stuttgart than you, but I doubt it is the reason, follow this up closely, because RFID swipe is easy no PIN required....

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Porsche Connect Store - Porsche Charging Service.

Rarely use the card and don't use it for Porsche dealerships as it costs twice as much as Ionity(!) On the basis that there is a charge for time as well power.

Hopefully you get some value from it but be prepared to be underwhelmed.
Ionity is cheaper when used with the Porsche RFID card or plug and charge. Otherwise it is just as expensive as Fastned, Allego and Tesla. You need a Porsche Charging Service account to have the cheaper rates.

for other fast chargers like the ones at Porsche dealers it is also 33 cent per kWh and 35-45 cents per minute . But this is still cheaper than using shell recharge for example. Other ask 70-80 cents per kWh. Charging 40 kWh takes 15 minutes.

for slow public chargers the Porsche card is very expensive. 5 cents per minute. If you keep it plugged in all night you will have a big and useless bill.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Strange indeed, had taken delivery of the Car on Dec 20th and card was there on Friday 23rd December, I am a bit closer of Stuttgart than you, but I doubt it is the reason, follow this up closely, because RFID swipe is easy no PIN required....
Plug and charge is even easier.

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
Ionity is cheaper when used with the Porsche RFID card or plug and charge. Otherwise it is just as expensive as Fastned, Allego and Tesla. You need a Porsche Charging Service account to have the cheaper rates.

for other fast chargers like the ones at Porsche dealers it is also 33 cent per kWh and 35-45 cents per minute . But this is still cheaper than using shell recharge for example. Other ask 70-80 cents per kWh. Charging 40 kWh takes 15 minutes.

for slow public chargers the Porsche card is very expensive. 5 cents per minute. If you keep it plugged in all night you will have a big and useless bill.
Ionity is not well spread in Belgium, as example around Brussels only on North side, nothing on South.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Haven't been able to use either the app or the Porsche RFID card at Shell for months - a bit of a deal breaker since the standard rate there is now 85p/kWh.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Haven't been able to use either the app or the Porsche RFID card at Shell for months - a bit of a deal breaker since the standard rate there is now 85p/kWh.
I can find only half a dozen or so slow EVSEs in UK listed for Shell via My Porsche App.

Must have been a fall out!
Sponsored