GB19

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I went to charge my Taycan at a public charger for the first time at the weekend. It was a Shell recharge station but my Porsche card wouldn’t work and I had to pay with a credit card. Should my Porsche card work with Shell? If a charge point shows in the App or in the car should that work with the Porsche card? One last thing - how do I change which charging station to use when on a journey if I don’t want to deviate from my route? Thanks all
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Here in the states, we get 3 years of Free Charging on Electrify America.
Those chargers show in the PCM but -also- other chargers from many other networks, all of which charge us.

IIRC the PCM has an option to filter to “Porsche Charging Network” chargers; was this Shell station on that list?

OP
OP

GB19

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Here in the states, we get 3 years of Free Charging on Electrify America.
Those chargers show in the PCM but -also- other chargers from many other networks, all of which charge us.

IIRC the PCM has an option to filter to “Porsche Charging Network” chargers; was this Shell station on that list?
The shell station was on the list but the card didn’t work. Thanks for replying

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I went to charge my Taycan at a public charger for the first time at the weekend. It was a Shell recharge station but my Porsche card wouldn’t work and I had to pay with a credit card. Should my Porsche card work with Shell? If a charge point shows in the App or in the car should that work with the Porsche card? One last thing - how do I change which charging station to use when on a journey if I don’t want to deviate from my route? Thanks all
Unfortunately not.

There may be a future plan (hence why it appears in the app) but not currently - same situation for the past 2.5 years. A bit random therefore.

Enable the charging planner to identify charging stops. Set 'Prioritise Porsche Charging Service' to correctly identify those EVSEs where your Taycan card should work.

Add a charging location (>=50KW) as a stopover when using NAV.

Use NAV to search along a route for charging locations:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Charging Network 1679404298111

Porsche Taycan Porsche Charging Network 1679404042718

OP
OP

GB19

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Unfortunately not.

There may be a future plan (hence why it appears in the app) but not currently - same situation for the past 2.5 years. A bit random therefore.

Enable the charging planner to identify charging stops. Set 'Prioritise Porsche Charging Service' to correctly identify those EVSEs where your Taycan card should work.

Add a charging location (>=50KW) as a stopover when using NAV.

Use NAV to search along a route for charging locations:

1679404298111.png

1679404042718.png
Thank you -will do

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Shell UK has not worked with Porsche RFID or the app for a good six months. I guess they want to squeeze Taycan owners for the full 85p/kWh "ultra-rapid" charger rate!

OP
OP

GB19

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Shell UK has not worked with Porsche RFID or the app for a good six months. I guess they want to squeeze Taycan owners for the full 85p/kWh "ultra-rapid" charger rate!
Nice of them to keep it on the Nav then! Thanks for the info- where did you get the info from please?

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice of them to keep it on the Nav then! Thanks for the info- where did you get the info from please?
Tried a few times since last summer with no luck - they're a supplier of last resort given the price differential vs Ionity et al, but do have a good network in the central London area.

JJord

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Tourisimo
Country flag
Did you try plug-and-charge? (Is that a thing in the UK?)
Is anyone else having trouble with Electrify America “Plug & Charge”, I have not been able to use since mid-January.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Tried a few times since last summer with no luck - they're a supplier of last resort given the price differential vs Ionity et al, but do have a good network in the central London area.
I had the same experience when trying in the U.K. The Porsche help line was totally useless and did not understand why it did not work. And that was last year in April. So nearly a year later it still does not work.

Have you sent a complaint to the Porsche Smart mobility via the app. They certainly note the complaint and send an email. Whether that actually results in anything is debatable though.

They have called me back a few times to discuss but NATO (No Action, Talk Only) after that.

OP
OP

GB19

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I had the same experience when trying in the U.K. The Porsche help line was totally useless and did not understand why it did not work. And that was last year in April. So nearly a year later it still does not work.

Have you sent a complaint to the Porsche Smart mobility via the app. They certainly note the complaint and send an email. Whether that actually results in anything is debatable though.

They have called me back a few times to discuss but NATO (No Action, Talk Only) after that.
Thanks- will send a complaint

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Shell pricing at 85p/kWh feels really steep.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Seems odd that the Shell App lists the EVSEs at my local Porsche Centre but My Porsche App lists only the Porsche Centre (and is cheaper) for the same EVSE.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Charging Network Screenshot_20230323-064348_Shell Recharge

Porsche Taycan Porsche Charging Network Screenshot_20230323-064659_My Porsche