Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Sorry if this is redundant, but I completely missed the boat on this. How is a claim regarding the charger submitted? Is it through the dealer or via the My Porsche web page? If it’s the latter, then I can’t find it.
Info
Been over 4 weeks and still no payment. Now Porsche saying payments delayed for over 6 weeks. Considering the last time I had my TAYCAN at the dealer to fix leaking battery compartment and defective heater , all which took 6 weeks, you have to wonder just how inefficient Porsche NA is that it takes over 6 weeks to send out a check
Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars North America. Your claim will be handled in the order it was received. We are experiencing some delays and will work to resolve them as soon as possible. Please anticipate receiving a check by mail within approximately 6 weeks or a service voucher in approximately 7 business days via email, dependent on your chosen option. If you haven't already provided the necessary information below, kindly resend it to avoid any delays in processing your reimbursement claim.
Received my check today. Sent the info and request form in on February 28th.
Sponsored

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Emailed Porsche and received an automatic reply on March 11. Still waiting for my check.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I emailed them again to follow up last week - they actually replied and said they are processing the check. It was delivered yesterday via FEDEX.
What date did you submit it?

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I submitted on Feb 29 and waited until 4 weeks had passed before emailing Porsche on two consecutive days asking for a status update of my claim. I emailed the same address as the one I submitted my claim to. I received the following email reply on April 5th:

Hello,

We have received your email. Thank you for sending the information needed. I processed your reimbursement. Please anticipate your check in the next two to four weeks. As a reminder, an adult will need to sign for the check upon its delivery.

Thank you,

Porsche Cars North America, INC.

Customer Relations Administrative Intern

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What date did you submit it?
Original submission was February 26th. It doesn't seem like they did anything until I followed up on March 27th. Along with the auto reply, I got the below response the day after my email to them:

Hello,

We have received your email. Thank you for sending the information needed. I started processing your reimbursement this week! Please anticipate your check in the next two to four weeks. As a reminder, an adult will need to sign for the check upon its delivery.

Thank you,

It was finally delivered on Friday April 12th.

hope that helps.

Mr. 2021 Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Received submission confirmation on March 4. Check noted as expected within 4 weeks. Still no check.

Fonndu

First Name
Fonndu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020. Turbo S
Country flag
Got mine apr 12. Submitted feb 26.

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
I submitted mine on Feb 22 and got my check on March 30th.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Porsche’s equipment is the issue here. Essentially, every Porsche charger has the overheating issue with the cable. You’ve pointed out exceptions elsewhere to prove the rule, but that’s not how it works.

You're a fairly new owner and/or member of this forum, but we’ve all been talking about this problem for the past 3+ years. Porsche tried to blame it on faulty outlets, but the overheating problem mysterious vanishes when owners buy new, non-Porsche chargers and plugged them into those same “cheap outlets.“
Yes, I'm wrong about the socket. I went back and read the whole thread. The part I was most surprised by is Porsche re-labeling the 14-50 pigtails from 16A to 40A. It is actually even the same part number! But I am biased by my own experience of using the PMCC quite a few times at 40A and it never getting hot. So there must be variation in the crimp inside the plug molding or something.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
But I am biased by my own experience of using the PMCC quite a few times at 40A and it never getting hot.
Factors at play for getting it hot - charging session duration, ambient temperature, ventilation, wear of the socket. For melting, add number of such sessions (it can weaken and melt the socket a little bit at a time).

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I received mine on Tuesday. Submitted at the end of February, so it took about 5 weeks.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got my check yesterday (4/19). Submitted 3/3.