Day1taycan

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Two days now of trying to get a jump on my taycan. Waited 4 hours for the first tow truck who kept putting his be there in 30mins time frame out. Today someone finally showed up after 2 hours and wasn’t able to do it. And now waiting 3 hours for the 3rd service.
Hope AAA is better as this is some horrendous service. Shocking Porsche even lends their name to this trash.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Day1taycan

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche doesn't tow vehicles..... just FYI. This is just contracted to local companies......
Yea it’s a company called Agero that they use. Company also provides this service for many other brands including Toyota and Chrysler. This is far from a premium service. Terrible

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yea it’s a company called Agero that they use. Company also provides this service for many other brands including Toyota and Chrysler. This is far from a premium service. Terrible
They aren't accredited by the BBB but there are 122 reviews on the BBB for a mind-boggling 1.02/5 score. Seems like a ton of insurance and vehicle brands use Agero including Porsche, GM, Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, Toyota, Chrysler, USAA, Progressive, and many more. They also have a 1/5 rating on Yelp. You have to wonder how they stay in business. A number of the 1-star reviews lamented that they couldn't give them 0 stars :CWL:

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I had the opposite experience with Porsche roadside assistance. After owning my Taycan for a month, I drove the 100 miles to the Jersey shore. The hotel had a level 2 charger so I had no range anxiety. However I realized I had a flat tire on day two of vacation. I called Porsche and they arranged for my car to be towed the 100 miles back to my neighborhood Porsche dealership. I had tire insurance and the dealer had the tire in stock. The whole episode was free.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
They aren't accredited by the BBB but there are 122 reviews on the BBB for a mind-boggling 1.02/5 score. Seems like a ton of insurance and vehicle brands use Agero including Porsche, GM, Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, Toyota, Chrysler, USAA, Progressive, and many more. They also have a 1/5 rating on Yelp. You have to wonder how they stay in business. A number of the 1-star reviews lamented that they couldn't give them 0 stars :CWL:
Perhaps they convinced the office workers at Porsche, GM, Ford, Lincoln, Mazda and Toyota that 1 star means they are number one! :CWL: There is a shortage of competent workers everywhere.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I guess it depends on location. Here in Munich, they were fast, nice and worked well, twice so far.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I guess it depends on location. Here in Munich, they were fast, nice and worked well, twice so far.
apparently the level of services varies across different regions. here in N. America the roadside service from porsche is poor at best.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Region depending. The UK Porsche assistance is AA Prestige. They guarantee an hour, guy came in about 30mins. Unfortunately since I had the black instrumentation screen of death all he could do was disconnect the battery 🔋 and reconnect which did nothing. He said if I follow him to Porsche I will qualify for a replacement Enterprise car on the policy. If you go solo you don't. Interesting experience driving with no instruments or HuD.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Very un legal. It was like a tow without a rope with the van leading me. PC is only 5 mins away and 7am the streets empty.
I've edited my post above. It turns out it's legal as long as it became defective on the journey in question, and you've taken steps to have it rectified as soon as possible.
Sponsored