tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Porsche's marketing director is probably pulling his hair out right now; you should never say "We will increase prices because we can".

It should always be massaged with "We aim to push further the performance envelope, make our cars even better, yada yada yada... Unfortunately, this means we will have to increase our prices"

What the CFO said is similar to "we will gouge you more than we already do with our $600 sport sound, $600 yellow seat belts, $2,500 ACC, etc.".

I was pondering/waiting to order a 992.2 when they come out, but Porsche instead has given me the push I needed to go see Lotus and order an Emira instead.

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Been a Porsche customer for a long time, but I think their prices have already gotten out of hand. I can’t imagine ever buying a new Porsche again. Hopefully my Taycan will last at least 8-10 years.
Genuine question - realistically, do you think your Taycan will last you 8-10 years? Just taking into account all the different sorts of issues that have been discovered and new ones cropping up fairly frequently.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I wonder what kind of % increase will be coming?

What is bizarre (but good for existing owners values) is that other EV manufacturers are busy slashing prices.

Good that Porsche aren't playing.
A race to the bottom is not usually a great long term business move.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Been a Porsche customer for a long time, but I think their prices have already gotten out of hand. I can’t imagine ever buying a new Porsche again. Hopefully my Taycan will last at least 8-10 years.
Particularly true for China. Makes no sense! And if something breaks, takes months to get parts to get it fixed.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I hope that profits are invested wisely into r&d, battery and software otherwise Tesla and chinese will eat them up 10 years from now.
With what will the Chinese eat them up? Sure the competition is heating up a bit with Korean and Chinese brands, but I can guarantee you, Porsche will not be eaten up. :)

And for T junk: The software in my MS90D, after many years of changes, is still a total utter useless mess. Such a large screen, and still cannot operate the AC with one touch. This junk will eat up Porsche? Really???

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
With what will the Chinese eat them up? Sure the competition is heating up a bit with Korean and Chinese brands, but I can guarantee you, Porsche will not be eaten up. :)

And for T junk: The software in my MS90D, after many years of changes, is still a total utter useless mess. Such a large screen, and still cannot operate the AC with one touch. This junk will eat up Porsche? Really???
Porsche and all others is still to reliant on China microchips so unless the west starts to change strategy for example China and Taiwan have over 59% of the market and growing fast then Singapore Vietnam Malaysia etc so I guess about 75% are coming from Asia its a sleeping time bomb as we all rely on electronics for more or less everything or maybe I am being a bit over the top with my thoughts views please

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche and all others is still to reliant on China microchips so unless the west starts to change strategy for example China and Taiwan have over 59% of the market and growing fast then Singapore Vietnam Malaysia etc so I guess about 75% are coming from Asia its a sleeping time bomb as we all rely on electronics for more or less everything or maybe I am being a bit over the top with my thoughts views please
Talking to friends here, and customers overseas, diversification out of China is the key to lower risk. The Shanghai lockdown and now the war and talk about more war made this totally clear. No serious business even inside China wants to be caught off guard again.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Talking to friends here, and customers overseas, diversification out of China is the key to lower risk. The Shanghai lockdown and now the war and talk about more war made this totally clear. No serious business even inside China wants to be caught off guard again.
I spent many years in China for business since 1986 some of the suppliers we are still trading with since then I have a lot of respect and trust with those but the world seems to be changing and most countries are getting very territorial about things which is out of there hands for the supply base therefore we must ensure we manage things

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Porsche's marketing director is probably pulling his hair out right now; you should never say "We will increase prices because we can".

It should always be massaged with "We aim to push further the performance envelope, make our cars even better, yada yada yada... Unfortunately, this means we will have to increase our prices"
That's what they should say to customers but he was talking to investors. They wouldn't see anything regarding price and profit increases as unfortunate, especially if stated with optimism and confidence.

Marketing can worry about their captive customers later...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

What the CFO said is similar to "we will gouge you more than we already do with our $600 sport sound, $600 yellow seat belts, $2,500 ACC, etc.".

I was pondering/waiting to order a 992.2 when they come out, but Porsche instead has given me the push I needed to go see Lotus and order an Emira instead.
My next door neighbour got an Emira a few weeks ago. Very good looking IMO and sounds great.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Given the recent thread of too many used Taycans on the market in the UK, perhaps this is your opportunity to retire early? Invest in the undervalued used Taycans before the price increase is announced? ;)
I'm not that dumb!
Sponsored