Porsche server down? Taycan no longer communicating via app?

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I had the same issue a week or two ago for a few days, but everything has been working again this week. As people have said, it’s down to server maintenance. I had to sign back in yesterday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I had the same issue a week or two ago for a few ago, but everything has been working again this week. As people have said, it’s down to server maintenance. I had to sign back in yesterday.
Same. Everything went offline last weekend. Came back online a few days later and has worked fine since. I was asked to sign back in again this morning and no issues.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sadly, it’s been over a week and all I’m seeing in the app is this. Can I please confirm that this was the case in your app?

E6544A0E-EC95-4958-A82D-BE3FC8154C85.png
A4B53498-2EAA-4799-9AD0-6BA52A07FD18.png
Apologies if already checked but have a look at your My Porsche Connect services and their relevant status. Ensure privacy mode is off and online updates are on - these services must be activated within Porsche Connect. I'm sure they are and so this looks like a 12v battery disconnect is required to hard reset OR try your secondary Porsche Connect ID associated with your secondary key.

OP
OP

Nigel D

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks - I’ve checked via the browser on my mobile phone and it does show the location, charge status etc. So it seems
like the issue is related to the app as opposed to the server? The app did ask to login again but still the same.

Porsche Taycan Porsche server down? Taycan no longer communicating via app? F5FD4FB6-881A-49DB-A5A4-908710E063FD

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks - I’ve checked via the browser on my mobile phone and it does show the location, charge status etc. So it seems
like the issue is related to the app as opposed to the server? The app did ask to login again but still the same.

F5FD4FB6-881A-49DB-A5A4-908710E063FD.png
Ok - delete the app and reinstall which may clear it.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Having the same problem. My car has not checked in since March 8. Tried reinstalling the app but no joy. Car seems fine but I can't get it to check in. The my Porsche website is getting same results, no info since March 8

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
There does not seem to be any issue here in France. I have followed the different responses but my car has responded all the time.

Maybe a reset in the car. Two finger salute

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There does not seem to be any issue here in France. I have followed the different responses but my car has responded all the time.

Maybe a reset in the car. Two finger salute
I even tried that too. No luck so far.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have other PCM service like internet radio available? SOS green light etc.

Could also be dependent on country/ region??

RLee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Turismo, Tesla M3P, Solstice GXP
Country flag
My story was the same by applying solutions in this thread to no avail.

So I contacted my dealership worked with their support person. Much back and forth with Porsche support on the version of phone, app, reinstalling and restarting and them claiming they can't see anything wrong in the backend. Per Porsche support request I sent them my Porsche ID and password, to test my ID on their equipment.

This morning while shopping the PCM rebooted, I assume a software update, I always loose the weather app in the center console when the PCM is updated. Also, My Porsche App notified me the PCM services were running in the background on my phone.

When I got home, I wanted to monitor the direct charging and when I tried the App it started working.

So I'm not sure if this is system wide fix for all users or individual update for those complaining about the app not working.
Porsche Taycan Porsche server down? Taycan no longer communicating via app? Screenshot_20230323_104218_My Porsche (1)
Porsche Taycan Porsche server down? Taycan no longer communicating via app? Screenshot_20230323_104228_My Porsche (1)

Porsche Taycan Porsche server down? Taycan no longer communicating via app? Screenshot_20230325_134824_My Porsche

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have other PCM service like internet radio available? SOS green light etc.

Could also be dependent on country/ region??
No, internet radio, Apple music not available. Sos light solid green

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, internet radio, Apple music not available. Sos light solid green
In such case I think you have a faulty communications module. There are a number of these modules in the car that handle different parts of the Comms.
Time for a visit to a service guy I think.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I noticed an update in the App Store a day or 2 ago, I check every morning.
When I subsequently opened the app it told me there had been a security update and something like a new server system and asked me to re-sign in.

Apart from the app claiming privacy mode when it wasn’t set from time to time the app has worked normally for me all the time anyway.
Sponsored