W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Oddly, the tracker / car location on the app seems to become disabled (along with most other functionality) if there is an active alarm I.e. find my car/navigate to car doesn’t work. I’d have thought that’s the one time you’d want to use it, unless you’d forgotten which bar you’d left it outside of the night before.

AirTag isn’t a bad idea I guess, though it does tell other apple users (the thief) that there is an AirTag travelling with them, but no way around that I guess as it’s an anti-stalker feature.

Whatever, it’s safe to say the tracker fob is a pain in the arse and too big. For my Panamera 10years ago, it wasn’t much bigger than an SD card and fitted in my wallet. That’s progress I guess.
When a silent alarm is tripped your app functionality is locked deliberately and you are directed to contact Vodafone SOC who will then pinpoint where the car is.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You're right; didn't think it through. I'm in the U.S. & don't believe we get trackers (could be wrong about this, too). I hid an Apple AirTag in my Taycan which hopefully would help should the car be stolen (unlikely anyway). Thanks for taking the time to respond.
PVTS+ is a service in NA too. Check with your dealer.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
When a silent alarm is tripped your app functionality is locked deliberately and you are directed to contact Vodafone SOC who will then pinpoint where the car is.
Who will tell the police, who will get round to looking for it 3 days after it’s already on a container ship.
I’d prefer to be able to see where it is myself, my car after all!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Who will tell the police, who will get round to looking for it 3 days after it’s already on a container ship.
I’d prefer to be able to see where it is myself, my car after all!
Vodafone SOC make the interventions to which you can then action.

I suspect if it is an actual theft then access for tracking will be enabled for the owner.

Fortunately I've not had a theft but plenty of silent alerts and have seen that side of things first hand.

Tracking will be more reliable than an Airtag - especially when in transit on a ship or otherwise.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
For clarity, AirTags aren’t GPS. They rely on other iPhone users to be nearby, which then pings a location signal.
Not really suitable as a car tracker alternative.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
If someone steals my car, I don’t want it back.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Really pleased with this Tesla Model 3/Y/S key holder £19.99 from Amazon fits the alarm fob perfectly

Porsche Taycan Porsche Tracker Fob 20230330_214637
Sponsored