Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The tracker fob is much bigger than the one I had on my 911. Where does everyone keep theirs? I am asking Porsche if you can get a smaller fob that I can keep on my key ring although this is probably exactly what they don’t want you to do
Sponsored

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
I keep mine in my 'man bag' ( :blush: ) and I keep my keys in a jacket pocket... I just don't want to give the insurance company any excuses to wriggle out of payment in the event of theft.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Keep it on your house keys. And keep house and car keys separate in the house. So if they smash the door on and grab the keys on the side they are not going anywhere. I do that with my steering wheel lock key.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The tracker fob is much bigger than the one I had on my 911. Where does everyone keep theirs? I am asking Porsche if you can get a smaller fob that I can keep on my key ring although this is probably exactly what they don’t want you to do
Coat / trouser pocket when in use and in a Safe when not.

Doubt you'll get a smaller fob.

Not recommended but a key case or pouch would work that is separate to the car keys.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Keep it on your house keys. And keep house and car keys separate in the house. So if they smash the door on and grab the keys on the side they are not going anywhere. I do that with my steering wheel lock key.
And if you haven't already - get a to-snap for fitted at your house.

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
For me I keep the car key and the tracker fob totally separate. Also the tracker fob is slimmer and longer than the one I had in the Macan, therefore I needed to (blue Peter style) engineer a makeshift tracker fob holder… ie: faceshield holder.,

what’s annoying is the Macan tracker fitted perfectly in the face shield pouch previously.
Porsche Taycan Where do you keep your tracker fob? 216F300B-73CF-4EC4-A8CC-9CB6FEFB8511

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Anti snap (anti bump / anti pick) lock.
Not sure if it will fit, but I have Medeco locks installed.....then have clear laminate on all the glass...they will have a tough time entering....it won't be impossible, but they will not be happy if I am home and neighbor is high profile, retired federal law enforcement, the key is actually determent. Have small stickers on the windows of alarm and when they look at the type of lock you have, they will go on to a less-hardened target hopefully.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I know that if the car moves without the tracker fob it causes a theft call from the control centre, but if the fob moves (say if it was attached to house keys) without the car does that cause an issue?

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
This is something I think Porsche should have done better for our cars. Mind you it's Year 2022 and I still have to carry a car key around. I am actually totally keyless save for the car Key. I mean my office and home have keyless entry (eyes, fingers, and if all else fails punch in a number), but Porsche just didn't go the extra inch to give us a keyless entry and start.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
This is something I think Porsche should have done better for our cars. Mind you it's Year 2022 and I still have to carry a car key around. I am actually totally keyless save for the car Key. I mean my office and home have keyless entry (eyes, fingers, and if all else fails punch in a number), but Porsche just didn't go the extra inch to give us a keyless entry and start.
Not particularly phased about carrying a car key as so used to it, along with house keys but do know the tracker fob is going to cause me issues (having never had one before). Do wish there was the option to have it virtually linked to a phone (or ideally Apple Watch). Would still have separation of key and tracker but I’d be less likely to leave/lose the tracker….

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not particularly phased about carrying a car key as so used to it, along with house keys but do know the tracker fob is going to cause me issues (having never had one before). Do wish there was the option to have it virtually linked to a phone (or ideally Apple Watch). Would still have separation of key and tracker but I’d be less likely to leave/lose the tracker….
Don't lose the tracker fob whatever you do as you won't get far without it!

I'm sure some folk either leave it in the car or disable it via the app.

Poor implementation as it can be a pain.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Don't lose the tracker fob whatever you do as you won't get far without it!

I'm sure some folk either leave it in the car or disable it via the app.

Poor implementation as it can be a pain.
I need to find a way to attach an Apple airtag to it as that will be the best reminder for me....but would rather not increase the bulk further with some of the cases seen people use.
Sponsored