First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Thanks Jamie
Its a shame they could not have made the fob a little more user friendly some how.
I guess they do not put a hole or tagon the fib to avoid automatic adding to your keyring which avoids issues if your keys are stolen, but of course all we automatically want to do is add it to our keyring!
Sponsored

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Thanks Jamie
Its a shame they could not have made the fob a little more user friendly some how.
I guess they do not put a hole or tagon the fib to avoid automatic adding to your keyring which avoids issues if your keys are stolen, but of course all we automatically want to do is add it to our keyring!
Agreed. I asked my dealer whether they sell any pouches for it and he said purposely not because they don't want you pairing it with your key for insurance reasons.
But my point to them is practically no-one is going to store their keys in two separate locations within their house in case they get burgled.
I guess the counter-argument is that storing them together, but not on the same keyring, is that the thief might not know what the tracker fob is for and just takes your keys. But if someone's going to break in your house for your Porsche Taycan, I'd expect them to have done their research! ?

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Agreed. I asked my dealer whether they sell any pouches for it and he said purposely not because they don't want you pairing it with your key for insurance reasons.
But my point to them is practically no-one is going to store their keys in two separate locations within their house in case they get burgled.
I guess the counter-argument is that storing them together, but not on the same keyring, is that the thief might not know what the tracker fob is for and just takes your keys. But if someone's going to break in your house for your Porsche Taycan, I'd expect them to have done their research! ?
Or come back in your house for the fob as the car tells them there's no fob before they drive away.
On the flip side, they wouldn't know how much charge is in the car, so perhaps it makes them less likely to be stolen ?
Personally I have stuck mine (with a sticky pad) in my old Cobra square fob pouch, and keep it with my keys.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
This silly extra fob is annoying me more and more and I haven't even got the car yet.
I'm wondering whether it's even worth the grief of activating PVTS+. That tag is going to be forgotten most days if I don't put it on my keyring and if I do then what's the point of it?
Just more bulk to carry around. Seriously considering leaving it in the glovebox.
Maybe I can stick it inside the heel of my shoe, like they do in spy movies? Or perhaps clip it to my belt? But I really don't want to be one of those people who clip things to their belt, they're always weirdos.

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
my solution

86076D96-B787-4A9B-86D5-0EB05B860BF6.jpeg
Is that square thing your tracking fob?

I was given these giant ones (like the car key but a little smaller)...which, most annoyingly, doesn’t have a keyring hole anywhere on it, to latch it on to.

This one seems far more manageable.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Is that square thing your tracking fob?

I was given these giant ones (like the car key but a little smaller)...which, most annoyingly, doesn’t have a keyring hole anywhere on it, to latch it on to.

This one seems far more manageable.
oh no, that’s my tile, it helps me find my keys when I lose them.
The long tracker thing is in my Louis Vuitton pouch

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
oh no, that’s my tile, it helps me find my keys when I lose them.
The long tracker thing is in my Louis Vuitton pouch
That makes more sense.

And the LV keyring has a pouch on the inside to stop the tracker falling out? It’s annoying that there is nothing on it that you can attach to.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
What do you have for your house keys?
I leave them in my car lol but that Louis Vuitton pouch is actually a “key pouch” and it has clips for several keys
Sponsored