physal

First Name
Physal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
IMHO, none of this explains the red electrical system failure - 9 times out of 10 its a false positive should it occur but for some it has been the 1 time and the car is bricked. Normally a 12v battery disconnect will solve the problem as it forces a complete hard reset of the car's 12v systems.

Locking and leaving for long enough allows the car to go into sleep mode and providing nothing wakes it up (such as walking past periodically with your keys) effectively facilitates a soft reboot of systems where the chances are the error has cleared.

Faraday boxes are useful if you can't keep your keeps 2 metres+ away from the car. Keeping the keys in proximity will lead to battery drain on the fob and historically may have contributed to the 12v drain issue experienced on MY20 and MY21 cars until software patched.
tried all of this, changed the batteries, brand new on both keys, i even changed batteries for the pvts fob, both of them, left the car locked, keys in faradays box overnight, same thing in morning, Red Electrical System Fault, so clearly its a bigger problem than just keys..

car is now on its way to porsche dealer
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
tried all of this, changed the batteries, brand new on both keys, i even changed batteries for the pvts fob, both of them, left the car locked, keys in faradays box overnight, same thing in morning, Red Electrical System Fault, so clearly its a bigger problem than just keys..

car is now on its way to porsche dealer
Yep - unfortunately you are the 1 in 10 which get the actual fault.

They 'key theory' is just that, a theory.

Hopefully there is a simply remedy as frustrating as it is.

physal

First Name
Physal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep - unfortunately you are the 1 in 10 which get the actual fault.

They 'key theory' is just that, a theory.

Hopefully there is a simply remedy as frustrating as it is.
So far very very frustrating experience, car is 4 months in ownership, now sitting with the dealer, they tried all kinds of diagnostics and they thought they cleeared all the errors, next day while the car was with them same error appeared and not going away. Now they have raised a ticket for germany to loom at and decide, and ive no news or update what happened to the ticket, just waiting...
They cant even loan me another porsche taycan or anything else as they have many cars loaned to customers with all sorts of problems and they are delayed and not coming back their fleet either

Terrible mess this is, all they have given is a rental car from enterprise, so paying finance monthly payments and driving an old rental

Any suggestions or help guys would really appreciate

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So far very very frustrating experience, car is 4 months in ownership, now sitting with the dealer, they tried all kinds of diagnostics and they thought they cleeared all the errors, next day while the car was with them same error appeared and not going away. Now they have raised a ticket for germany to loom at and decide, and ive no news or update what happened to the ticket, just waiting...
They cant even loan me another porsche taycan or anything else as they have many cars loaned to customers with all sorts of problems and they are delayed and not coming back their fleet either

Terrible mess this is, all they have given is a rental car from enterprise, so paying finance monthly payments and driving an old rental

Any suggestions or help guys would really appreciate
Not a lot you can do here unfortunately other than proceed to return the car and get a refund.

Get Porsche UK involved if not already and complain loudly.

A few other folk on the forum have had this experience with some folk in North America invoking 'lemon laws'.

physal

First Name
Physal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not a lot you can do here unfortunately other than proceed to return the car and get a refund.

Get Porsche UK involved if not already and complain loudly.

A few other folk on the forum have had this experience with some folk in North America invoking 'lemon laws'.
yep tried via porsche uk, they were almost as useless as anything, told me its all to do with deslers as they are independent etc and we have no influence over them, so far, only update ive is that they have raised a ticket for germany and nothing at all, its day 3 of ticket raised and radio silence…

terrible experience

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
yep tried via porsche uk, they were almost as useless as anything, told me its all to do with deslers as they are independent etc and we have no influence over them, so far, only update ive is that they have raised a ticket for germany and nothing at all, its day 3 of ticket raised and radio silence…

terrible experience
No influence.... Tosh IMHO - Porsche UK control a lot more than they are alluding to. A dealer may be franchised but that franchise is overseen / regulated by Porsche UK who as we know control allocations,. pricing, and so on.

Time to involve Porsche GmbH and cc Porsche UK and the dealer.

physal

First Name
Physal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No influence.... Tosh IMHO - Porsche UK control a lot more than they are alluding to. A dealer may be franchised but that franchise is overseen / regulated by Porsche UK who as we know control allocations,. pricing, and so on.

Time to involve Porsche GmbH and cc Porsche UK and the dealer.
Will give it a try, lets hope i get some news what r they doing with the car apart from waiting

Thx

physal

First Name
Physal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Will give it a try, lets hope i get some news what r they doing with the car apart from waiting

Thx
So far nothing, terrible situation, car is now gone for months, as they confirmed it will be high voltage battery replacement, no eta whatsoever as still waiting porsche technical to give a green light, on top of this, the loan car they have given me is outalnder, unbelievable customer service, paying monthly payment for porsche taycan and driving an outlander, daily sending emails to find out of they know any eta on battery replacement but nothing, get a disappointing reply that they are awaiting response..
Ive had bmws phev, which never gave me any problem ever and customer service from them was second to none, while porsche is below avg once they have sold the car to you, they left you paying the same money and give any rental car, thx porsche

KAIMAK314

First Name
Kais
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
>>> TRY THIS: Replace the key fob batteries <<<

BACKGROUND

My 2020 4S began suffering from the dreaded "You car is a brick" failure. After a tow to the dealer and "no problem found," the issue began reoccurring on a regular basis at the most inconvenient times. Each time the fix was 1) Lock the car, 2) Move the keys very far away, 3) Wait 20-30 minutes, 4) Start the car.

VOODOO
I'm an engineer, so while it works, this solution feels a bit like witchcraft. My Porsche tech asserts that isolating the keys and waiting allows the many computer modules to fully reset. But no one seems to be able to explain exactly what mysterious voodoo goes on between the key and car overnight.

TESTING THE THEORY
I began placing my keys inside small metal tins when parked (to simulate distance) and block any spurious radio transmissions. To my chagrin, this solved the problem supporting the theory of spurious "key to car communication" at night.

SERENDIPITY
Many weeks later, the LED on one of my keys stopped lighting. I replaced both key-fob batteries, and VOILA - the problem has not recurred since.

A NEW THEORY
Batteries die slowly over time. In my case they were almost two years old. My THEORY is keys with weak batteries transmit intermittent signals that somehow prevent a proper system shut-down and result in the dreaded Electrical system error.

EVIDENCE
While far from conclusive, after changing batteries, ditching the metal tins, and leaving the key close to the car when parked, the problem has not returned. If you believe in Murphy's Law, this afternoon my Taycan will probably rebel and not start - but so far this $2 solution has fixed the issue.

MY RECOMMENDATION
Spend the $2, change both of your key-fob batteries, and post your results here.
>>> TRY THIS: Replace the key fob batteries <<<

BACKGROUND

My 2020 4S began suffering from the dreaded "You car is a brick" failure. After a tow to the dealer and "no problem found," the issue began reoccurring on a regular basis at the most inconvenient times. Each time the fix was 1) Lock the car, 2) Move the keys very far away, 3) Wait 20-30 minutes, 4) Start the car.

VOODOO
I'm an engineer, so while it works, this solution feels a bit like witchcraft. My Porsche tech asserts that isolating the keys and waiting allows the many computer modules to fully reset. But no one seems to be able to explain exactly what mysterious voodoo goes on between the key and car overnight.

TESTING THE THEORY
I began placing my keys inside small metal tins when parked (to simulate distance) and block any spurious radio transmissions. To my chagrin, this solved the problem supporting the theory of spurious "key to car communication" at night.

SERENDIPITY
Many weeks later, the LED on one of my keys stopped lighting. I replaced both key-fob batteries, and VOILA - the problem has not recurred since.

A NEW THEORY
Batteries die slowly over time. In my case they were almost two years old. My THEORY is keys with weak batteries transmit intermittent signals that somehow prevent a proper system shut-down and result in the dreaded Electrical system error.

EVIDENCE
While far from conclusive, after changing batteries, ditching the metal tins, and leaving the key close to the car when parked, the problem has not returned. If you believe in Murphy's Law, this afternoon my Taycan will probably rebel and not start - but so far this $2 solution has fixed the issue.

MY RECOMMENDATION
Spend the $2, change both of your key-fob batteries, and post your results here.
SO while waiting for the towing, I was able to replace the Key fob battery. It didn't work right away but I went back inside my house and returned after 45 minutes and everything was fine again.
So the THEORY is right! the only other possible issue is that the Electrical System Error is not meant for this kind of issue and the Theory might not work for some. but as many said. it's the easiest way to test if having such an error message.
Sponsored