Power Button Error

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Searched for this and couldn’t see a thread on it. 2022 Taycan 4S - went to the shop for PPF, tint etc. When I got it back, there is an error whenever I get into the car on the right side dash panel. “Power button error Service necessary”. I click the right steering button wheel and the error goes away and does not appear to be causing any problems. SA advised to reset PCM which I did using the two finger tip on the top right corner of the PCM screen but hasn’t fixed. Has anyone seen this problem and fixed it?

Porsche Taycan Power Button Error 6D130674-8166-45DC-AB67-2BFBFB59EE5A
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not seen this before

Message colour is 'white" rather than amber or red and so potentially no drama (still worth getting it checked).

It may clear overnight - some of these sometimes spurious messages do.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had a couple of yellow warnings, but they always go away shortly on their own. German gremlins.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Searched for this and couldn’t see a thread on it. 2022 Taycan 4S - went to the shop for PPF, tint etc. When I got it back, there is an error whenever I get into the car on the right side dash panel. “Power button error Service necessary”. I click the right steering button wheel and the error goes away and does not appear to be causing any problems. SA advised to reset PCM which I did using the two finger tip on the top right corner of the PCM screen but hasn’t fixed. Has anyone seen this problem and fixed it?

6D130674-8166-45DC-AB67-2BFBFB59EE5A.jpeg
Just curious—you say you just picked up the car after a tint and PPF install. Did your installer remove any components like side mirrors, door handles and interior door panels to ensure a “seamless” install?

I too did a full PPF and when my installer told me about removing those items to make a “seamless” install, I told him not to do any removal of any of those things as there are so many electronics embedded into those components that might induce problems if not reinstalled with extreme care and knowledge.. Maybe that’s what happened.

Last edited:

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Read somewhere that the mirrors have to be recalibrated at service center if you take them off. Hope that is not your case.

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just curious—you say you just picked up the car after a tint and PPF install. Did your installer remove any components like side mirrors, door handles and interior door panels to ensure a “seamless” install?

I too did a full PPF and when my installer told me about removing those items to make a “seamless” install, I told him not to do any removal of any of those things as there are so many electronics embedded into those components that might induce problems if not reinstalled with extreme care and knowledge.. Maybe that’s what happened.
That’s a good point, I’ll ask. He’s done a few Taycans before and he said the car often freaks out a little because the doors are left open for hours while they are doing the work. He said he has spoken to Porsche and they suggest a PCM reset and normally the error messages go away after a couple of days. It’s been a couple of days now and the error is still there. Although it is the only issue right now and does not seem to do anything, it is a little irritating. I also had a few notifications that the windshield wipers and cabin air filters needed replaced which I reset so hopefully it is just something that needs to be reset.

Tekdyne

First Name
Eddt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have same error message. Was yours fixed?